Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]  (Read 23770 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

IT WAS A MISTAKE. I KNOW IT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. Please.

I would really like it if someone Could sum up turns for me. I just really need help on that the most. I just seem to have the most problems with that.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

perhaps create another thread where we'd post our ingame actions in clean, standartized posts, and we'd keep this one for the discussion, diplomacy, etc.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the current summary:
TRAIN:

Wimdit: West green. light longsword, 1 season.
Paranatural: Center red. Longswords, DONE.
Archangel: East very dark blue. Cavalry. DONE.
Canalan: East green. Spearman. DONE.
Neyvn: Center Pink. Light Calvery. Trade pact -1 season. DONE.
Neyvn: Center Dark gray. Light Calvery. Trade pact -1 season. DONE.
Emperor Jonathan: Center dark blue. Trade pact -1 season. 1 season.
Askot Bokbondeler: Center orange. Light Cavalry. 1 season.

MOVE:

Wimdit. Attack West green. ALL units. (No probe)
Paranatural. One Light Longsword. One Longsword. One Spear. To Center Glacier.
Askot Bokbondeler. Attack Center purple with Two Light Longswords. One Longsword. One Spear. And one Archer from Center brown.
Askot Bokbondeler. Move Light Spear from Center orange to Center brown.

DONE:

Wimdit.
Askot Bokbondeler.

Is anything wrong? Please tell me if your turn is done if you still have moves left.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:10 pm »

I'm going to abandon this, I just can't deal with stuff like this. I should have started with something less extensive. I'm sorry, but I just don't want to do this anymore. I'm not having fun, I dislike doing anything that has to do with this, and I just plain dislike this.

If anyone wants to start a similar one or continue on with this, then go ahead. Here is everything that you need to start your own:
Spoiler: Images (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My crappy rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)
W=War, P=Preemptive Strike, N=Neutral, G=Non-Aggression Pact, M=Mutual Defense pact, A=Alliance.

Diplomacy tables.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry, I just had my limit. It's just not fun for me anymore. I might continue this someday, but it won't be soon.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2010, 09:35:19 pm »

Aww..  :(

Oh well.. Was fun, the little time it lasted.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2010, 10:58:08 pm »

Knew this would happen. Don't feel bad, it happens to almost everyone who runs games like this.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2010, 11:13:05 pm »

I will simplify this. I will make this workable.
MINE SHALL BE THE CAW THAT WILL PIERCE THE FORUMS!

Not going to actually run it, mind you, just make it better to run - too busy with my entirely excellent Monster Defence that I inherited from Luke_Prowler. Some very exciting plot developments, I'm really looking forward to GM-ing this round and seeing what players do!

Erm, back on track. I will simplify this.
Someone remind me if I haven't posted here by, say, 20 hours after this post.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2010, 11:16:56 pm »

I will simplify this. I will make this workable.
MINE SHALL BE THE CAW THAT WILL PIERCE THE FORUMS!

Not going to actually run it, mind you, just make it better to run - too busy with my entirely excellent Monster Defence that I inherited from Luke_Prowler. Some very exciting plot developments, I'm really looking forward to GM-ing this round and seeing what players do!

Erm, back on track. I will simplify this.
Someone remind me if I haven't posted here by, say, 20 hours after this post.
I look forward to this.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »

This is the new map. Countries have flags with 2 colors.

Country flags generally go red>purple from left to right for the first color, and red>purple from up to down for the second.
Countries are referred to by their two colors. For example, "Send 3 battalions of Longbowmen from Orangepurplium to siege Greater Redblueitus". It doesn't matter what you call them, just as long as the colors are clear.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2010, 11:39:29 pm »

Why just not name them?
And let the actual player nations only show color?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2010, 11:39:57 pm »

Quite nice might want to make the colors more distinctive. Also, mountains as territories? I think they should be impassible as that adds choke points. And that's only the map. Wait until you get into combat, it's really hard to trim that without damaging the experience.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2010, 11:46:38 pm »

Coloring them was simpler; there wasn't really enough room for names, and this way I think they're easier to look at the names for. I could have expanded the map and written in names, but I think this way is a bit simpler.

We have chokepoints from rivers/bridges/land bridges; I wanted to make all land the same, to simplify it.

I think I may have a simpler, if not as nuanced, combat system.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2010, 11:50:22 pm »

Tarran, I'd like to stick to your envisioning of the game as much as possible while simplifying it. Do you want unit generation to be based on how much land you have (moar land = moar troops), or to be static (one country can beat an empire with skill; unrealistic, but keeps the game fun if one person starts dominating)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2010, 11:51:50 pm »

Landmass should not effect the generation, as that gives a severe disadvantage to some players. Generation should always be completely random. As you know how fun the dice can be. ;)

I look forward to the combat system.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:53:27 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15