Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]  (Read 23816 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. (currently open to players)[STARTED]
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2010, 11:26:13 pm »

To finish my turn my archer moves into the South Western Sands (Dark Grey) and Claims it for the Kingdom of Bristing...
Okay, you will get that territory next turn (each unit takes one turn to move, but can move again once they have arived, so one move per turn.)[remember this rule though: 'Each territory you have can build a unit, but they have to have been in your country for at least one turn. (Cannot build from them the turn you conquer them)']
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2010, 11:26:38 pm »

The emperor were sitting on his throne resting his tired head on his palm, listening to the two advisors argue about the current situation.
There semed to be no end to their babbling and high-pitched outbursts.
When suddenly they were interrupted by someone entering the Throne Room.
Both of the advisors were looking at the figure standing befopre the Emperor.
"The preparations are complete, we will begin to move the army shortly."
"Good." Said the Emperor. "You are both dismissed, I have made my decision and I will discuss this no more."
The two advsors seemed to give up on this, the emperor's word was final afterall.

The Golden Empire moves 2 light longswords into the territory to the west.
And the training of archers have been started.

This is a bad idea, you have no idea what troops they have. You could end up with 10 units that counter yours for all you know. Are you sure you want to do this?

Unit added to summary.

Hmm.. alright, They scout the area first.
But I have in mind to take that area soon if my chances are good.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:35:55 pm by Ultimuh »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2010, 11:32:15 pm »

*Sigh*, when a unit counters yours that means they are the absolute worst thing that that unit of yours can fight. So the absolute worst unit a Light Cavalry can fight is a Heavy Spear, the Heavy Spear counters the Light Cavalry, the units that counter yours is based upon the units in the surrounding area. And the lower the roll, the less units counter yours, and the less they counter yours by.

AH! now i get it, that makes perfect sense.
i cant anything else so my turn ends here

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 11:34:58 pm »

The emperor were sitting on his throne resting his tired head on his palm, listening to the two advisors argue about the current situation.
There semed to be no end to their babbling and high-pitched outbursts.
When suddenly they were interrupted by someone entering the Throne Room.
Both of the advisors were looking at the figure standing befopre the Emperor.
"The preparations are complete, we will begin to move the army shortly."
"Good." Said the Emperor. "You are both dismissed, I have made my decision and I will discuss this no more."
The two advsors seemed to give up on this, the emperor's word was final afterall.

The Golden Empire moves 2 light longswords into the territory to the west.
And the training of archers have been started.

This is a bad idea, you have no idea what troops they have. You could end up with 10 units that counter yours for all you know. Are you sure you want to do this?

Unit added to summary.

Hmm.. alright, They scout the area first.
But I have in mind to take that area soon if my chances are good.
You failed on that quote. :D

Remember; units can only do one action a turn. So I used your Archers to explore it first instead of both of you Light Longswords just to be nice (you weren't going to use them anyway right?).

Roll to amount: 3. Four of them.
Roll to counter your units: 1. None of their units counter yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 4. Your units counter quite a bit of them.

You spot three Town watches! You spot one Light Longsword!

You can try to fight, but you'll have to hope the dice are nice to you.

*Sigh*, when a unit counters yours that means they are the absolute worst thing that that unit of yours can fight. So the absolute worst unit a Light Cavalry can fight is a Heavy Spear, the Heavy Spear counters the Light Cavalry, the units that counter yours is based upon the units in the surrounding area. And the lower the roll, the less units counter yours, and the less they counter yours by.

AH! now i get it, that makes perfect sense.
i cant anything else so my turn ends here
Alright, I marked your turn as done.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:40:15 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2010, 12:06:29 am »

To finish my turn my archer moves into the South Western Sands (Dark Grey) and Claims it for the Kingdom of Bristing...
Okay, you will get that territory next turn (each unit takes one turn to move, but can move again once they have arived, so one move per turn.)[remember this rule though: 'Each territory you have can build a unit, but they have to have been in your country for at least one turn. (Cannot build from them the turn you conquer them)']
Wait so my Swordsman that scouted the territory is already there??? That means that next turn he can claim it. If thats the case the archer will move to reinforce my Other Swordsman at the other Western Sands...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2010, 12:12:34 am »

Wait so my Swordsman that scouted the territory is already there??? That means that next turn he can claim it. If thats the case the archer will move to reinforce my Other Swordsman at the other Western Sands...
...I fail so hard at being a good GM/explaining what is what... They probed/explored it, meaning they searched it and returned. (otherwise you would be fighting instead, and it would not be immediate.). Sorry, but you have to use your archer if you want it next turn. But next turn you can use all of your units to take the other territory if you want.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2010, 12:41:54 am »

...I fail so hard at being a good GM/explaining what is what... They probed/explored it, meaning they searched it and returned. (otherwise you would be fighting instead, and it would not be immediate.). Sorry, but you have to use your archer if you want it next turn. But next turn you can use all of your units to take the other territory if you want.
OK well Got it now. Archer will move to claim the Southern...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2010, 12:45:55 am »

Roll to your units to counter theirs: 4. Your units counter quite a bit of them.

So what you are saying.. 4 units total?
Hmm.. I wait till the next turn..

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2010, 12:52:38 am »

So what you are saying.. 4 units total?
Hmm.. I wait till the next turn..
Yes, four units total.
Wait and waste your two unit's turns? you can still probe East very dark cyan and East purple with your light longswords. Nothing is lost from doing that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:55:58 am by Tarran »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2010, 01:34:03 am »

Ok if you insist I'll do that.   :)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2010, 01:47:12 am »

East very dark cyan:

Roll to amount: 6. Ten. Yikes.
Roll to counter your units: 2. one of their units counters yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 3. Your units counter some of them.
One Longsword. Three Town Watches. Six Light Longswords. (Makes you wonder why you haven't been conquered by them by now, doesn't it?)

East purple:
Roll to amount: 5. Eight of them. darn.
Roll to counter your units: 3. three of their units counters yours.
Roll to your units to counter theirs: 3. Your units counter some of them.
Three Longswords. Three Town Watches. four Light Longswords.

Bad luck is bad. Well, might as well try your luck on East blue next turn with your Light longswords and Archer. You should win.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2010, 01:52:46 am »

Just to be clear can you refine what what means with this...

(Gen of Units on Neutral land)
roll one: Roll to how many, lower means less.
//This is basic understanding, and is easily explained. But is there an actual number that is attached to the results. We have seen 1 = 0, 2 = 1, 3 = 3, 3 = 4, 5 = 8, 5 = 7, 6 = 10. So is there any math to this or are we just stabbing numbers that seem appropriate to the roll???

roll two: Roll to how many of them counter your units, Lower means less.
// This seems basic at first but why are we begin countered while probing.???

roll three: Roll to how many of them are countered by your units, lower means less.
// Less means bad for us with this one right???

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2010, 01:56:16 am »

Ok, then in addition to my training I also probe the yellow country to my right.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2010, 02:03:58 am »

Just to be clear can you refine what what means with this...

(Gen of Units on Neutral land)
roll one: Roll to how many, lower means less.
//This is basic understanding, and is easily explained. But is there an actual number that is attached to the results. We have seen 1 = 0, 2 = 1, 3 = 3, 3 = 4, 5 = 8, 5 = 7, 6 = 10. So is there any math to this or are we just stabbing numbers that seem appropriate to the roll???

Nada, just say 1=0, 2=1 or 2, 3=3 or 4, 4=5 or 6, 5=7 or 8, 6=10 (I might use 9 sometime). I just randomly pick the amount, if you want I can roll another dice for the two choices.

roll two: Roll to how many of them counter your units, Lower means less.
// This seems basic at first but why are we begin countered while probing.???

It means how many of them will counter any units adjacent to their country if they are your units. Yeah, not much thought put into this, but I have enough stuff to care about. When someone fights it's going to be even more of a hell for me.

roll three: Roll to how many of them are countered by your units, lower means less.
// Less means bad for us with this one right???
Yes, it means worse for you. Town Watch seems to be the 'worse than basic' unit, Angry mob is the only unit worse then a Town Watch (and thus can only be made by neutral countries.

Ok, then in addition to my training I also probe the yellow country to my right.
With ALL your units? You can give each an individual move. It would allow you to probe one country per unit. And Center green is also a valid target for probing.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2010, 02:30:07 am »

I will commence the training of a unit of cavalry.
My archers will probe East light green, a unit of Light Longswords will probe East brown and the other Light Longswords will probe East brown.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15