Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]  (Read 23795 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. (currently open to players)[STARTED]
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:17 pm »

Okay, rolling Neutral units.
Roll to amount; 3. Three units.
Roll to counter your units; 1. None of them counter your units.
Roll for your units to counter their units; 3. Not applicable for Archers and Light Longswords.

You spot a Light Longsword! [1] You spot a Light Longsword! [2] You spot a Light Longsword! [3]

Unit production is placed in the turn summary.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:53:14 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 08:22:06 pm »

Ok, so what do I do now?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »

Ok, so what do I do now?
Build units? probe states? Attack states? (remember to state the area and color).

ALSO: You can only do one action per turn with each unit.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 08:30:11 pm »

Ok, still kinda conused. Raise Longswords?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 08:35:55 pm »

Raise can mean to collect. So in this case it effectively means to conscript or recruit. Or call up levies. Honestly, nobody knows where these troops come from or why they serve in the armed forces. It means one of those three things, anyway.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 08:38:09 pm »

i recruit light spearmen and probe center dark cyan

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 08:46:42 pm »

You can train one unit at a time per country, a 'season' is a turn, so your longsword will take 3 turns to build (I make the build time so long so we don't go crazy with units), each unit, once it's built, can do one action per turn, you can attack or probe a state with each unit, you can use them in groups, you move them by saying the area the country is in and the color, probing is immediate (though it only effects neutral territories), attacking/moving your troops is not. once everyone does their turn I move and build all units at once, to give each player a fair chance.

Edit; also, your unit is added to the summary.

i recruit light spearmen and probe center dark cyan
Roll to amount; 6. Uh, that's a lot of troops, say, ten of them?
Roll to counter your units; 4. Quite a bit counter your units.
Roll for your units to counter theirs; 5. All your units counter the rest.
You spot A Spear! [1] You spot a Spear! [2] You spot a Spear! [3] You spot a Spear! [4] You spot a Town Watch! [1] You spot a Town Watch! [2] You spot a Town Watch! [3] You spot a Town Watch! [4] You spot a Town Watch! [5] You spot a Town Watch! [6]

I don't think that you should attack dark cyan...

Your unit is added to the turn summary.

NOTE: if you don't specify the units to probe/attack, then I will randomly select a country that you have troops in next to the target country and send ALL of the units in the country to do the action.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:05:34 pm by Tarran »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »

what do the counters do exactly?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

Counters? you mean recruiting counters? Or the numbers after the names? IE: 'You spot a Spear! >[3]<' means that this is the third unit of this type in the country.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 09:20:47 pm »

the rolls to counter

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:31 pm »

The rolls that their units will counter your units, and that your units will counter theirs. Like, Cavalry being countered by spears, or archers being countered by cavalry.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »

counter in what way? prevent my scouting ang giving me no information? then i counter their countering and actually get information? i'm a little confused

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 09:48:32 pm »

I am going to specialize in archers, how many can I train per turn?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:50:46 pm by Ultimuh »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 09:57:34 pm »

The Kingdom of Bristing begins its Year Training Light Calvary. The Young Men of the Kingdom, Train hard and fast over the next couple of Seasons. Perhaps to live up to the old Legends of the Bristing Knights of old...

A Messenger on a fast horse packed light travels over the North Western Sands of Gaia towards the North Point and the Lands of the Emperor Jonathan. A Non-Aggression Pact and Trade Pact in hand. The Non Aggressions is straight forward and common knowledge, but the Trade Pact offers an opportunity for the two Kingdoms to increase their National Income as well as supply each other with unavailable resources denied to the two Kingdoms...

(Basically Tarran, something like an increase of training as long as we remain at peace or something of the kind.)

Two Scouts (both Swordsman) head in separate directions with orders of recon over hostilities, one heading to the North Western Sands while the other to the South Western Sands...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 10:10:52 pm »

I am going to specialize in archers, how many can I train per turn?

one every two turns per region you control
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15