Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Middle age Countries At War. [I'm sorry, but it's done.]  (Read 23776 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. (currently open to players)
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 01:51:38 am »

Okay Emperor Jonathan, you're in for the next image.

And because I feel like it, here's a combat demonstration. (note; I used side 1/2 instead of 'insert name here1/2' for everything besides the beginning. I will use your name/user name [if you didn't make up a name] instead in real combat.)[95% of this is still undecided. I'm likely to trim down because this takes so long.]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That took, and hour I think, yeah. I will trim it down. But it was fun, only one turn from each side though. Not really willing to fix it much, I just want to relax. Any comments? Or criticism?

Edit: Missed your post Neyvn, added (you meant brown right?). Next map will be up as soon as another player joins. Or I get impatient. Your custom color is cyan right?

ALSO: Read the rules again please, there are eight now, so stay updated!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:37:21 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 03:25:56 am »

And the Custom colour is Teal
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 03:35:00 am »

Ack, the color you picked was pink. Argh... Done, fixed, patched, yeah.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 03:40:53 am »

Ack, the color you picked was pink. Argh... Done, fixed, patched, yeah.
Yeah sorry bout that, from the distance I sit away from my screen it looked orange... I added the thing about the Helm just as a little more location positioning but that clearly didn't work...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 03:47:46 am »

Heck, I'll just upload the map right now. Rather than waiting for another player. Still not starting the game though.

Hope I got everything right, I'm starting to doubt the use of color codding for the countries.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 04:18:46 am »

Just finished the diplomacy table (on first page). Woo. That's all for now folks.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 05:17:02 am »

Hooray, nice new game!

Name: Tribe of Shoshone, one of the tribes of Norbel's Gift.
Capital: West, Light Green
Colour: Brown

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 09:16:31 am »

The combat system looked nice, but you're gonna wanna simplify it during actual use. With this many players I can see 8+ combats happening a turn, with bigger armies than you had there.

You might want to say, 'Defender always starts' and have people designate Frontline, Secondline and ThirdLine armies when they attack. That way you'd know who runs into who first.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 09:41:11 am »

I'm in for a challenge. East, light green (the tiny middle piece).
Can I get an area descriptor?
Also, Green is my color.
Name: King Canalan
Nation: Lebenrhine

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 02:43:23 pm »

Hooray, nice new game!

Name: Tribe of Shoshone, one of the tribes of Norbel's Gift.
Capital: West, Light Green
Colour: Brown

There's no 'light green', just 'green' and 'dark green'. But I guess you mean green.

I'm in for a challenge. East, light green (the tiny middle piece).
Can I get an area descriptor?
Also, Green is my color.
Name: King Canalan
Nation: Lebenrhine

Arghsauce, I'll edit this post later when I'm done.

Your area is a break in the plains, a tiny lake in the middle of vast amounts of plains, your ancestors came from balixes and birthright forrests. Originally your ancestors owned a lot more then that tiny space, but over time, they lost it to others.

Sorry about the sucky description, but I wasn't feeling creative.

ALSO: You guys might want to think about diplomacy, just saying.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:16:53 pm by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 07:13:53 pm »

Well, I broke my laptop's LCD screen. Yeah, I'm using the desktop screen right now. Joy, anyway. THE GAME HAS STARTED YAY.

Spoiler: West (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Center (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: East (click to show/hide)

You all start with two light longswords and one Archer. Remember, you might want to train some units before you attack. Since Neutral territories can be generated with lots and lots of troops.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Middle age Countries At War. (currently open to players)[STARTED]
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 07:52:05 pm »

can i join? i'll be the republic of The Port, at center orange, i can be pink and will be roman\greek inspired.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 08:10:22 pm »

Added you to the first post.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 08:13:17 pm »

Hm. Raise a unit of light swordsmen with bronze imported from the northern mines, and probe dark green's defences with my starting troops. Get 'em to to run away as soon as they see armed chaps coming to meet them.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 08:17:06 pm »

Watching.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15