Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 31.03 Nobles?  (Read 333 times)

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
31.03 Nobles?
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:09:48 pm »

What are the requirements to get nobles in 31.03? I haven't gotten any yet, but what I really want is a dungeon master so I can tame and train my captured giant eagle. :(

For the record:
Population: 61
Created wealth: 384535☼
Imported wealth: 58262☼
Exported Wealth: 35187☼

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 31.03 Nobles?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:33:31 pm »

According to the raws, getting a baron requires 20 population, 100000 created wealth and 10000 exported wealth. But he is also appointed by the monarch, so the outpost liaison should be the one allowing you to get a baron. It seems to be rather buggy however as I never got one in the 5 or so fortress I've played long enough to reach the requirements. It might be a similar issue than with the arsenal dwarf, which sometimes can be assigned only a few seasons after reaching the required population. It might also be because of other requirements still hardcoded and unknown -AFAIK-.

If I don't get a Baron in my current fortress, I'll simply change the raws to allow the expedition leader / mayor to appoint a DM, which I think would require a new world gen  :'(

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 31.03 Nobles?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:44 am »

Bah, lame. I think that if my liason was going to get me a baron he would have done it by now. :(