Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My first attempt at an RTD - The 5 dwarves of the plains of slade.  (Read 5328 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: My first attempt at an RTD - The 5 dwarves of the plains of slade.
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 01:22:47 am »

try to get the best gear
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 03:25:05 pm »

Lets just get this started, "Coolieo" dwarf can go on auto

TURN 1

Well first things first as medic dwarf it is my duty to figure out how these dwarves died...even if it is with my eyes closed and not getting bloody.

Ok, ok... Clam down its only blood... [6-2]. You move your way to the pile of bodys with your hands shaking and start to pull a few of the bodys out for inspection. [5-2]. After a quick inspection (trying your hardist to avoid the blood) you fail to find much about there cause of death. You do how ever, find that most bodys have alot of burns and bone shatering scrathes.... Creepy.

Move up to the gear and remove it.

[6] Going up to the pile of bodys you start to remove the gear traped in between. While you manage to obtain many important things [2], you also manage to wake a sleeping fire rat from its slumber. Roll to dodge! The rat atacks! [1] missing you completly and hitting its self on the head with a hard crack on the ground, you lash out with your hands! [4], you get hold of its left paw! [3] And only managing to give it a light wack on the left arm before droping it.

Found: Strange block of inscripted wood, high quality leather boots, steel staff with odd symbol on top

I equip my armor and wepon!

[4+1] As you start to gear up, you feel a slight buzz fill your body as you gear up. In a matter of minites you are fully equiped and reving to go. Out of the corner of your eye you spy the lava rat! Roll to dodge! You swing at the rat! [6] Smashing it so hard the surounding tiles start to groan and crumble! [5] You cleanly jump out of the effected area [6] as does the rat, maybe a little to well, clearing the tiles and into the magma! [Auto-win[2]] It's a spirt of magma true, but that belly flop's gota hurt!

Wearing: Full armour and warhammer.

try to get the best gear

[1] As you move to pick some gear up, you trip on a buckled tile and land on your nose... OW

Quote from: Coolieo
Train with switch

[3] You train for a bit watching the fight between the dwarves and the rat, laughing a little bit and rubbing your ring, [4] which glows red, leaving a small image on your right hand of a dark cross... odd. Beside that you [1] practise very badly, giving yourself a good gash on your finger and jamming the blade with blood. Dam, thats gota hurt.

I start dragging the bodies off to a separate location to ready them for burial. Also, to reveal any equipment they have.

[5] You drag 10 bodys over into a small pile and start to dig. [5] You manage to quickly dig the holes and bury the bodys, saying a small death prayer you were told as a small man. [1] As you turn around to look for gear you slip on a slick of blood, [4] but you just manage to stay on your feet. Your new boots how ever arent in such a good state.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:31:59 pm by nuker w »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 03:51:04 pm »

Hey, where's mine?

I start dragging the bodies off to a separate location to ready them for burial. Also, to reveal any equipment they have.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 06:15:33 pm »

"Little pests."

Attack the rat Para is fighting

"Let me do the fighting here okay?"

((Should I RP the pompous noble or the good samaritan?))

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »

Hey, where's mine?

On it, post edited

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »

"Little pests."

I'm not fighting anything.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 02:38:24 pm »

Well, since this looks dangerous, I'm gonna find some alcohol.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 07:15:55 pm »

Grab some stone and get crafting.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 08:05:29 pm »

As no one has yet again taken Coolieo we continue with out again  :-\

Round Two

"Little pests."

Shouting to Para " Let me do the fighting here ok?", who gives you a very odd look as hes not fighting anything at this time. Snorting, in your Pompous way you continue on to atack the Magma rat, who still looks a bit winded after his bellyflop (-1 to dodging for rat) You atack! [6+1] striking the rat and fully destroying the tiles surrounding it making the rat fall into the magma with [6] a fully smashed spine, [6] and skull turned to powder and [5] 2 broken arms (yes these rolls are for real). I dont think its coming back.

try to get the best gear

[3] You snuffle around for a bit in the piles of the dead (you sick bastard) and find a small pile of gold next to [6] a jewel encrusted dagger to the god of [5] power and strength. It holds a glow around it giving it an erie look. [5] As you pick it up it flashs greatly filling your body with strength and power against monsters of [6] destruction, power, genocide and overdrinking.

Taken: Dagger to the god of P&S, +1 against monsters of des, powr, geno and drink
             Pile of gold (10 pieces)

Well, since this looks dangerous, I'm gonna find some alcohol.

Realising things are geting deadly you go out to look for a drink, [5] and walk into an old beer market place filled with [6] 50 to 30 year old [4] elven wine. Sadly its not dwarven or whisky but it will have to do and its shure to be worth alot. How ever theres to much to take so you take a mental note of its place and manage to roll [2] one barrel back in ok status

Found: Beer holding area
Taken: 1 barrel of elven wine, worth the sum of 250 GP

Grab some stone and get crafting.

[3] Flicking a trashy piece of crude stone into your hand you start to craft a [6+1] dwarven rune of power incrusted with [6+1] pieces of pure magma slade, one of the most deadly and volitle metals known to dwarves. [4+1] After hours of hard work it is done. You have made a [5+1] super strong rune of power incrusted with deadly pure magma slade running down the sides of that rune in a magical waterfall. [6] It gives you the power to work with molten slade using your mind and hands to craft slade items, an unheard of skill in the dwarven circles

Made: Rune of magma slade power
Skills: Weak ability to craft magma slade +1 to crafting with magma slade, gained ability to work with magma slade.

Coolieo dwarf

Train with switch

[5] With well learned skill you flick your blade out with a twirl, no jamming or anything. [5] You then go on to spin around in a whirlwind, slashing invisble foes. [4] You then finish with some basic moves before [2] jaming your blade open trying to close it. Ah well, the world isint perfect.

Skills: The abbilty to whirlwind, hitting multiple enemys at the same time, +1 using blade in combat

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 09:04:38 am »

use enchantment to fire death beam :P

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 12:51:16 pm »

Drink my alcohol and charge the others of they want some. Then I'll find some armor.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 01:30:29 pm »

Go grab myself some booze.
Pages: 1 [2]