Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finished goods token?  (Read 1070 times)

INSANEcyborg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finished goods token?
« on: April 30, 2010, 01:31:43 pm »

I'm making a pedestal as a custom workshop.  I want it to use any finished good, like the jewelers encrust finished goods option.  When I tried "Finished_Good" it would use anything, weapons, rocks, logs, and so on.  Same thing was happening before I fixed a typo, so I'm pretty sure I need a different token.   Anyone know what I need?

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finished goods token?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »

Post the build item lines you are using?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:58:19 pm »

There's no "finished good" token. There're crafts and instruments each of which has a specific ITEM_*** id.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

INSANEcyborg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 02:41:14 pm »

There's no "finished good" token. There're crafts and instruments each of which has a specific ITEM_*** id.

Darn, is there a way to put all of them in and be able to pick one of them instead of needing one of each?  Or will I need a separate building for each type?

Also, this is what I have so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It works as is, but like I said, it'll accept anything instead of just finished goods.  Just trying to polish it up a bit.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 03:49:43 am »

Well, the following should be the complete list of tokens for stuff going into finished goods stockpiles:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess you'll either need to pick, choose, and create multiple pedestal types, or accept that pedestals could be built to elevate worthless rock if the player so chooses.

Anyway, mind if I use this idea for two mods of mine?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:25 am »

HELM, GLOVES, ARMOR etc. go into Armor stockpile, not into "finished goods".
Well at least if it has ARMORLEVEL assigned to them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:06:16 am »

Yeah, but custom buildings can't distinguish them that way (using ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL and ANY_SILK_MATERIAL should work), and would you rather put a steel boot on a pedestal, or a pigtail sock?

Okay, bad example.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 07:37:57 am »

Unfortunately, using [REACTION_CLASS] doesn't work either.  Ironically, the building understands that it needs a reaction class:pedestal item, but the item definition files don't accept the reaction class tag.

INSANEcyborg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 06:02:50 pm »

I guess you'll either need to pick, choose, and create multiple pedestal types, or accept that pedestals could be built to elevate worthless rock if the player so chooses.

Anyway, mind if I use this idea for two mods of mine?

I don't mind making one for each, I just don't want to go overboard and spam the menus.  Also, while testing it, I noticed the same piece of stone could be used as both the display and pedestal.

And go ahead and use it in whatever mods you want.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:41 pm »

Actually, if you make a different workshop for each, then they could each have their own graphic assigned to them.  Now, does anyone know how to make the color of the building material affect the color of the workshop, like in the hard-coded ones?

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.