Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven toupees  (Read 989 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven toupees
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:45:08 am »

Perhaps dwarves who are balding from old age can get fiber toupees that are dyed.

Also, "The spinning Urist McFrankSahwit's black toupee strikes the Elf in the head! shattering the skull and bruising the brain

Elfy McElf has ben struck down."

(cookie for the refrence)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:27:15 pm by Toybasher »

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven toupees
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 05:10:12 pm »

anyone get the refrence?

Felblood

• Bay Watcher
  • No, you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 05:15:55 pm »

You couldn't wait a whole six hours? Patience.

Was someone fictional killed by a black wig recently? You haven't given us much to work with, and putting things to the effect of "Get it? Get it!?" undermines the entertainment value, anyway.

That said, dwarven wigs are comedy gold.

Imagine that it becomes fashionable for nobles to wear power wigs, made from camel hair. The king will shave his head, so he can wear an artifact camel hair wig. Then, a kobold steals it, and their entire race is exterminated in the global war that follows. Hilarious.
The path through the wilderness is rarely direct. Reaching the destination is useless,
if you don't learn the lessons of the dessert.
--but you do have to keep walking.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 05:21:58 pm »

You couldn't wait a whole six hours? Patience.

Was someone fictional killed by a black wig recently? You haven't given us much to work with, and putting things to the effect of "Get it? Get it!?" undermines the entertainment value, anyway.

That said, dwarven wigs are comedy gold.

Imagine that it becomes fashionable for nobles to wear power wigs, made from camel hair. The king will shave his head, so he can wear an artifact camel hair wig. Then, a kobold steals it, and their entire race is exterminated in the global war that follows. Hilarious.

You dont get it?
http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Sahwit

Look what happened when Wright proved him as the killer, he flung his toupee at him (sticking to Wright's face too lol) and then foamed at the mouth and passed out.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 03:51:23 pm »

You could also use dimple cups to dye them!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »

Ah. making a reference to a fairly poor DS game. ok. I'll watch out for cunningly crafted traps like that.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »

Well, it WOULD give a use to all the hair I'm currently just dumping.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 07:50:16 pm »

So then everyone would have wigs like in the 1700-1800s?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Yeesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 09:38:24 am »

You could also use dimple cups to dye them!

Yes, a purple one could show the way when summer brings a dwarf down...

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »

Maybe the nobles can mandate that they get a headdress made of peacock feathers, which could be untradable and unobtainable items!
igless

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 10:03:14 pm »

fairly poor DS game
Bullshit.

Also, maybe these toupees would make a use for all that hair you get from butchering.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:21 pm »

I agree that toupees/wigs should be in the game. I'm not sure dwarfs would wear them, though. Wouldn't they be more interested in false beards? And I'm not sure elves go bald...humans would ofcourse be very interested, as baldness has, at times, been stigmatized against since atleast Charlemagne's time, and the ancient Egyptians wore very complex wigs.

Actually, my own version of dwarfs has them being naturally hairless, and using a symbiotic fungus to produce strands of metallic "hair" anywhere on their bodies they wish (one benefit of which is that it answers the age-old question of whether dwarf women have beards: "only if they want to").
For they would be your masters.