Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 57053 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:13 pm »

what is this are these elves or elephants or what?
Mostly Giant Skeletal Eagles I believe.
haha yes of course they are

edit: sweet jesus they're everywhere hahah
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:44:53 pm by nil »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2010, 08:53:37 pm »

I can't play due to the crashing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2010, 10:40:50 pm »

Aw, oh well, good turn carl! Yay, I grew up!  :D Moontayle next then?

This is Sparkgear, kid. We don't do objections.

OBJECTION!

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2010, 08:25:26 am »

Aw, oh well, good turn carl! Yay, I grew up!  :D Moontayle next then?
Since my turn doesn't pop up until later on today and since I had planned it like that because I won't have time until later on today, someone is free to try and screw things up even more between now and midnight GMT.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2010, 09:28:48 am »

Umm, wait a sec...have I been giving people their turns on the day before their turn...   ???

/facepalm

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:16 am »

This is Sparkgear, kid. We don't do objections.

OBJECTION!

Overruled. We deleted that word from the raws.

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2010, 04:52:32 pm »

Umm, wait a sec...have I been giving people their turns on the day before their turn...   ???

/facepalm
In my timezone, I played my entire turn on the 11th.  I just figured we were using some silly non-American (because everything revolves around us!) timezone and didn't argue.
...Eh?

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2010, 08:56:08 pm »

Here's the save & here's the map.

I recapped my turn in the save page.  Added PoIs to the map.  It's definitely playable but I don't have the time or patience at the moment (moving into a new apartment, still have work tomorrow, one more final...  I can play for two or three hours, but to get anything meaningful you're pretty much going to have to leave this on in the background all day or something).

Also that means I'm officially done with my turn so if anyone wants to take the rest of it feel free.
Assuming this is still the save I'm downloading it now.

I'm surprised this fort is even moderately functioning with two working dwarves and six forgotten beasts to contend with. Don't think we'll ever need to worry about running out of booze at least. Let me see what I can do with this.

Love... LOVE... the humongous amount of cage traps. LOVE IT!

How do you people survive in a sprawling fortress without hotkeys? *looks around* Umm, I guess you don't.

BTW, this is a brand new computer built yesterday. Athlon Phenom II X4 2.8Ghz and it's chugging at ~30 FPS. No wonder some people can't run the damn thing :p
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:22:31 pm by Moontayle »
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #323 on: May 13, 2010, 02:16:39 am »

Cage traps are amazing.  HOPEFULLY anything those can't handle, the series of atom-smashing bridges can, and between the doors and bridges you can pretty safely "airlock" off anything.
BTW, this is a brand new computer built yesterday. Athlon Phenom II X4 2.8Ghz and it's chugging at ~30 FPS. No wonder some people can't run the damn thing :p
I don't normally play with the FPS counter on, but I assume I was getting around 30-ish too.  But even if it were going at 100, with only two dwarves and so much walking ANYTHING is going to take forever.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!
...Eh?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 13, 2010, 03:24:32 am »

Cage traps are amazing.  HOPEFULLY anything those can't handle, the series of atom-smashing bridges can, and between the doors and bridges you can pretty safely "airlock" off anything.
I don't normally play with the FPS counter on, but I assume I was getting around 30-ish too.  But even if it were going at 100, with only two dwarves and so much walking ANYTHING is going to take forever.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Wow. I'm working with pretty much the same setup, Moontayle. Set up last week! And yeah, it's the only thing keeping older forts playable for me. My old computer would have crapped out with the new number of layers and stuff added this release.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 13, 2010, 08:15:52 am »

Looking forward to seeing your progress!
Don't look too hard. I think most of the work being done is still from your turn. With one guy digging and the other doing odd jobs, and with all the walking, it's a bit tough to see anything resembling progress. I didn't pause the game for an hour straight last night and it only advanced two months. It's not within me to kill a fort intentionally but I think this SG is pretty useless at this point. I'll keep it going though, like a good little soldier.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:27 am »

Mm, I think it's pretty much unplayable due to fps now. Fields full of corpses may be cool but they aren't fps friendly, feel free to destroy this place if you wish so that we may start anew.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2010, 08:43:32 am »

Mm, I think it's pretty much unplayable due to fps now. Fields full of corpses may be cool but they aren't fps friendly, feel free to destroy this place if you wish so that we may start anew.

Keep the damn OP updated.
No, seriously. Stuff like that makes me raeg.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 13, 2010, 08:57:14 am »

Happy now?

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2010, 09:08:56 am »

Roger. It might take some time depending on how fast one of the two functioning dwarves goes and removes a floor hatch or ten.

And done... still going to take some time since the FB doesn't seem to want to chase anyone, just scare them, so we'll see. I'll leave it running in the background (god bless quad core) and come back to it once in a while. Once it's dead though I'll relinquish my turn to DS so he can figure out what he wants to do. My advice: Pick a new site. This one is toast.

Edit: Oh look, FB #7
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:12:01 am by Moontayle »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25