Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 57066 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2010, 06:56:47 pm »

Save File
http://
...You best be trolling. Or failing at copypasting the url. I was stalking this thread. >:V

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

58% and counting. Hate these new save bloats.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2010, 07:13:34 pm »

...and DONE! Took 45 minutes to upload, so sorry for the 15 minute delay. I expected half an hour would be more than enough.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2286

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2010, 07:24:11 pm »

I'll get on it as soon as I wake up.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2010, 07:29:07 pm »

...heh, all that whining and now he downloads it and goes to bed. Oh well. Good luck to you for tomorrow.

In my opinion I hate all the mods that have been applied here. More isn't better, it's just more. I don't need seventeen new plants, twenty new civilizations, five hundred new stone types. Kobolds steal your crap. Goblins kill your dwarves. Elves whine about trees. Anything more's just clutter.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2010, 07:35:33 pm »

Well as for next issue of spark gear, it would be all too easy to throw genesis and dig deeper together, along with every other cruel mod we an find...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42:44 pm »

In my opinion I hate all the mods that have been applied here. More isn't better, it's just more. I don't need seventeen new plants, twenty new civilizations, five hundred new stone types. Kobolds steal your crap. Goblins kill your dwarves. Elves whine about trees. Anything more's just clutter.

I agree with that, that's why I didn't add everything from those mods, in total I added four new plants if I remember correctly and four new creatures and one new stone type and four new custom workshops and two new civs, that's it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:47:23 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42:54 pm »

I've read most of these and absolutely love them and the idea.  Could I get the spot for the 12th?

I'd like to think I'm not great at the game enough to keep things interesting, but I'm also not an idiot and have played enough forts to know game-killing stupid things to avoid. :P
...Eh?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2010, 11:45:43 pm »

IronVanguard and Ultimate Carl added.

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2010, 02:27:04 am »

Can't Join, sadly. Freakin' tests, combined with a newfound addiction to X-Com.
Will follow until the inevitable, horrible, horrible end.

If I see a map of this, and do not, and multiple points, say "the blood oh gods the blood" in an eerie monotone, I will be truly ashamed to be a member of the same forum as you.

Good luck, have Fun.
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2010, 02:53:03 am »

SOmething I just thought of. When I ran IX, a real annoyance was that there were three or four different DFMA pages. Can I suggest that Spoon makes the offical map page, and only that one be used.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2010, 01:38:35 pm »

Would be nice.  In the unlikely event that this fort survives to my turn I'd like to be able to look over what I know is the latest map and plan things before it's time to start.

I'm also not a huge fan of a ton of modding, but this all seems pretty tame (well, okay, not tame but no real bloat) so that's cool.
...Eh?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2010, 02:34:39 pm »

Might as well write some sort of a status report, eh?

Okay, during whatever I got so far, I'm in Opal. Seriously, eight hours and I'm about two months ahead. I'm getting FPS like they have in mspaintadventures here. Food is going fine, got an artifact and a legendary stoneworker, and somehow got all the idle dorfs work. Out of sheer boredom I'm scribbling designations for a future site of Urist McIncest's home. Some sort of a separate fortress away from the main one, complete with plumbing and such.
Also, DS, tell me how the hell did you dig out that well shaft. It's...smooth. I can't see a maintenance staircase, or you're just a crafty, crafty little dorf and I can't see it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2010, 02:40:41 pm »

Map for Jimmy's turn

Just a few comments, he complains about all the junk we have and then he sets all the farms to growing, heck, one of the is growing HIDE ROOTS of all the things, possibly the least useful plant in existance! Well except that it's dye is a nice red colour, but that's what blood is for! I'd suggest making all the farms fallow, we have enough food. And why are all the labours except mining, woodcutting and the fishery labours enabled on my dwarf? Could one of you guys reactivate mining on me please? I feel safer with a weapon in my hand, and disable some of the other labours? I can't exactly do any medical work if I'm busy crafting stone mugs or whatever. And gather the shrubs in our gardens instead of farming, it's always such a hassle to get rid of the dead shrubs. Though the trees in the gardens seem to be coming along nicely. And he renamed my dwarf! He renamed my dwarf! I don't mind torturing and mutilating and killing my dwarf and kicking me out of my quarters and spitting on me and setting the dogs on me etc., but renaming me? RAGE.

P.S. I hope everyone realizes that I'm not really very serious at all, I just enjoy acting outraged.

As to the well shaft, I channeled it from the top, one tile at a time, I'm rather proud of it thought it was a pain to designate, my earlier adventures with well shafts and stupid miners. And I am of course the craftiest dwarf in existance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:50:58 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25