Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 57070 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 07:58:59 am »

Arg, want to know exactly what your talking about, but don't want to even see the fort for myself until its my turn. Very annoying.

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 08:29:36 am »

Yeah your turn started around 9 eight hours ago, is the 9nth okay? Only moontayle specifically requested the 8th, don't know if he will be able to play another day. ANd I'm sad to hear that Jimmy.   :(  Have you tried the accelerator code? Turning off temperature and weather?
8th is the only day I have available (well, late 7th, early 8th). It's the absolute start of my vacation and I thought I would veg out in DF for a day before doing anything (but will probably end up doing nothing).
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 10:18:39 am »

Hehe, liking it so far Jimmy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 10:58:57 am »

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pull out.
Turns out I have some place to be all next week and I shall be lucky to have access to a computer, so unless this is still going after the 17th, I can't join the fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2010, 11:01:59 am »

I'll add you on the 18th then? Or a bit earlier?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2010, 11:29:31 am »

I'm gonna have to back out too. The computer I'm using this week doesn't seem to like downloaded saves.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »

Next Sparkgear must use DIG DEEPER! I will polish it and get it out of ALPHA before then I hope :D! WE SHALL HAVE ZOMBIE WYVERNS AGAIN!!!!!!!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 03:50:09 pm »

Next Sparkgear must use DIG DEEPER! I will polish it and get it out of ALPHA before then I hope :D! WE SHALL HAVE ZOMBIE WYVERNS AGAIN!!!!!!!
I doubt I really want to dig further than those over 9000 z-levels we have already.

IronVanguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »

I could take the 10th or whatever's open first.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2010, 05:26:12 pm »

Jimmy, where's the save?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2010, 05:31:13 pm »

According to my calculations I still have one and a half hours left.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2010, 05:32:02 pm »

I'm supposedly in GMT +1 and it's 30 minutes past midnight here. *shrug*
Thought 30 minutes is a nice time to ask already. Sorry.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »

Try googling GMT time. It comes back as 10:30PM. Don't worry though, you'll have your save on time.

Well, most of my turn was spent on raising the skill level of the military. They're still horribly equipped though. Some fool changed the size of the goblins and now their equipment can't be worn by the dwarves. But at least they can kill a zombie giant eagle without too many casualties.

Also I've made slight improvements on the FPS issue. We've gone from averaging 30 to the range of 40-50. Mostly this was from killing off a bunch of POWs with live training exercises.

I suspect that the main stairwell is the biggest source of lag. Stacks of up-down stairs are a bad idea people. They play bloody murder on the path finding. If we were to dig them out My bet would be on it vastly improving, so feel free to test my theory. Ramps are much more path-friendly.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »

Journal of Jimmy the Jarhead

Some bastard left a severed head in my bed this morning. It's a pretty clear message that the citizenry are fed up with martial law. They wanna go outside? FINE! Don't come crying to me when the bodies start piling up.

I'm tired of this all. Bunch of pathetic excuses for dwarves, the lot of 'em. Sitting around fiddling with their crafts and mechanisms, no clue what's really out there. As my final order I commanded my men to dump a massive load of the stuff into the trash compactor, but there's still plenty left. Can't seem to make a dent in all the crap that's lying around, but guess what? Not my problem any more! The SOB can find someone else to clean up his mess. I'm done with it all. I've half a mind to get out and find a new fort, but my men need me here to command, so that's what I'll do. We're probably doomed anyway.

Our training sessions were the highlight of the whole experience. Haha, the feeling of bashing a goblin's brains across the floor, there's nothing like it! Two of our number ended up in the damned excuse for a hospital they pretend we've got, but I haven't got high hopes of seeing them again. Last I heard they'd been conscripted into the Fortress Guard. Well, good luck to 'em. I'm sure any day now we're gonna have a riot, so I'm glad my boys at least have the training to knock some heads together when it happens.
Notes:
FPS is still patchy, not much I can do about that. There's a forgotten beast in the caverns, some kind of flying spider. Have fun with that. I fully expect this fort's going to be unplayable soon. I also wouldn't recommend opening the main gate unless you want everyone to die.
Save File
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:12:43 pm by Jimmy »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25