Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 57071 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2010, 03:21:53 am »

Mmm, I think that might be a better idea as you can then start immediately, I'll do that. Just to be clear, I've swapped your two's turns so you can start immediately.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:33:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2010, 03:34:33 am »

Understood. I'm in the process of downloading it now. See you in a little less than 24 hours.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2010, 03:46:02 am »

Righto. Good luck! And sorry for the lowish FPS, it was low for me anyway, try getting rid of some of the junk lying around, all the levers are labeled with [N]otes, beware the cave sea monsters and giant eagles.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2010, 03:53:48 am »

You labeled the levers?
I can't begin to imagine why...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2010, 03:58:23 am »

Also the stone veins all over the place are pretty weird. Not microline or slate or anything, just stone. I think it might be a result of me trying to mod flint in or seomthing, I don't know. A inferior version of slade maybe?

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:44 am »

Huh, guess my turn started earlier than I thought. Works out well anyway, since I've been moving house for the past 2 days and will be for at least 1 more. Just so I'm clear my turn would have started 9 hours ago?

Actually could you move me to the 8th? Otherwise I'll miss it again because of uni.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:14:48 am by Samoorai »
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2010, 04:37:45 am »

God damn.

Fucking undead fliers everywhere.

Half-assed military, less than half a dozen axes, none of which are in their hands.

FPS so low it's strangling the game.

I don't see how we're gonna get more than two more turns out of this, it's already near unplayable.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2010, 04:39:28 am »

Yeah your turn started around 9 eight hours ago, is the 9nth okay? Only moontayle specifically requested the 8th, don't know if he will be able to play another day. ANd I'm sad to hear that Jimmy.   :(  Have you tried the accelerator code? Turning off temperature and weather?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:47:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2010, 04:51:10 am »

Yeah, the 9th is fine.

Military does suck now.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2010, 04:54:43 am »

Well they skill up pretty fast, and those two squads I had assigned were simply the militia for killing very annoying undead that were sitting right in front of the entrance, some of them are essential to the working of the fortress, like the mason.

Also, try to get rid of some of our goblin prisoners of war, I made a pit somewhere into the first cavern with quite a long fall that you could use, disregard the puppy corpse at the bottom, he was used for exploration purposes.

And I hear partial print does wonders for some people.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:15:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2010, 05:19:03 am »

I'm experimenting with my POWs. Gonna make a military or die trying. Shame there's so little metal armor among them, but leather's better than cloth I guess.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2010, 05:31:08 am »

Have tried any of the stuff I suggested to improve fps? If so did they work? Well from some of the things I heard cloth is overpowered.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2010, 05:33:53 am »

I've tried it all, I'm running Baughn's accelerator too, still getting average of 30FPS. There's way too much clutter in this fort. Clothes mostly.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2010, 05:46:17 am »

Well I made some cloth for the hospital, which reminds me you should probably make those two farm plots pumping out rope reeds fallow, oh wait it's summer and I only told to do it in spring but whatever. And the clothes are probably from our prisoners of war and dead dwarves? We probably have enough stone crafts by now you might want to tell our stonecrafter to stop making them. Dump some of the stuff into the trash compactor?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2010, 07:56:33 am »

Notes of Jimmy the Jarhead

Bloody mistake coming here, and no two ways about it. Our Supreme Overlord, the Big Boss, or as I like to call him, the number one SOB has landed us in a real pickle.

For years now we've tunneled, built and crafted, expanding the fort and attracting immigrants. Bloody lot of good that's come of it. Can't open a damned window without some undead abomination flying in. We've raised the drawbridge and it's looking like it'll stay that way.

I've had it out with him again and again but it's no good. He relies on his mechanics to protect us with cage traps around the entrances and goes on living it up inside his private palace, only sticking his nose out to pass on some production mandate.

He assigned me the task of organizing the military. Told me he'd rounded up a crack team of recruits. I took a look at them and nearly choked on my ale. Bunch of scrawny pencil-necked scraggly-bearded pox-riddled ass-scratching nose-picking filth. Then he informs me, oh by the way, there's no armor, no weapons, and no barracks as well. Cheerio, good luck defending the fort!

I felt like bashing his ugly face in.

We're all going to die horrible deaths soon if I don't get this military up to working order soon. I've got twenty hands all told, counting myself as well. That's near a third the population of our thrice cursed hell-hole.

In that case, I'm declaring martial law.

Fortress expansion is to cease until further notice. All nonessential jobs are cancelled. Our one and only goal is to create a military capable of defending the fort against any and all attacks, either from without or from within.

We have a fine surplus of food and drink thank god. The SOB didn't screw that much up, at least. I'm not concerning myself with that kind of malarkey. If they complain we're not creating enough food or drink, I'll tell 'em to call someone who cares. My job's military, and military I'll be making.

Our leader installed two swimming pools for our soft-bellied brethren to enjoy. I've ordered the deconstruction of one. In it's place I've created a pool of my own design. I rather like the change, personally.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25