Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 57040 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2010, 03:33:36 pm »

Hmm, you inspired me there.
So, I did the following:
1. Stole your throne room.
2. Left only the basic furniture in your rooms.
3. Renamed you. Two times.
4. Gave my dwarf 69 chests. And counting.
5. Also, 12 cabinets, 3 armor stands, 3 weapon stands.
6. Finally, 25 beds.

Fuck the world, I'm a noble!

Edit: I'll spend the rest of my turn throwing stuff inside my room. Might upload and post it earlier, I'm not waiting until 2 AM so everything goes along with time.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:21:16 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2010, 05:18:22 pm »

So, I did the following:
6. Finally, 25 beds.

Edit: I'll spend the rest of my turn throwing stuff inside my room. Might upload and post it earlier, I'm not waiting until 2 AM so everything goes along with time.

Epic. Can't wait.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 05:21:02 pm »

So, I did the following:
6. Finally, 25 beds.

Epic. Can't wait.

In other news, you're my wife and have the right to use 98 chests.
No, really. Uploading the save now, got work tomorrow.
Edit: Here's the save!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:26:50 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »

So, I did the following:
6. Finally, 25 beds.

Epic. Can't wait.

In other news, you're my wife and have the right to use 98 chests.
No, really. Uploading the save now, got work tomorrow.

O.o you made me your prison bitch?

Awesome.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2010, 06:43:37 pm »

I renamed you for one simple reason. your name obscured your current job on the menu. I wanna know what everyone's doing.

Enabled all labors so that shit gets done, don't give a rats ass about quality. Since there's precious few weapons in the fort, the militia got the picks. Go ahead and see if they wanna give it back to you. I know my guy got real attached to his iron pick.

Matuin's also the sheriff. So right now I guess he's a prison bitch.

As for farming, I wanted to use up the seeds. It's a 1-1 seed to plant ratio, so no item increase, and plants are more useful. It was either that or cook the whole damn lot. Probably should have just cooked them and let you all starve later.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2010, 02:43:40 am »

Just noticed the save. Downloading it now.

Gonna survey the fort and maybe get a month or two in tonight. Expect a report of the first season or so tomorrow morning.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:17 am »

New Map

Oh yeah, and you guys can feel free to add points of interest to your and other maps in the series.

Well the good news is I now have mining enabled (Yay!  :D ) , the bad news I don't have healthcare enabled, LordSlowpoke stole my offices, renamed me, again, (RAAAA-) , converted our HOSPITAL into a personal villa for himself and his love, Matuin and designated what looks to be the insane drawings of a cat high on catnip.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:06:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2010, 08:35:52 am »

If I ever get a next turn around here, first order of business is carve out a coolface out of your apartaments.

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2010, 11:20:57 am »

...Yeeeeeah this fort is going to tear itself apart in civil war long before I get a turn. :P
...Eh?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:36 am »

If I ever get a next turn around here I will kill you slowly in your sleep, with a dull spoon, while I make your lover watch, mmm, or should I kill Matuin first while making you watch? Decisions decisions.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2010, 11:45:05 am »

If I ever get a next turn around here I will kill you slowly in your sleep, with a dull spoon, while I make your lover watch, mmm, or should I kill Matuin first while making you watch? Decisions decisions.

Wait till after my turn before you make decisions about my fate =)

EDIT: So, I just opened the save and explored the fort. I am giving up my turn: This fort is WAY beyond help already.

Every dwarf has every labor turned on. Every noble is going insane because they have unmet mandates and no office/bedroom/anything. There's 30 sand raiders outside the gates playing catch with our skeletal eagle buddies. To make things worse, no one will listen to me because they are ALL planting bloody crops.

I don't have the mental fortitude to try and repair this.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:40:00 pm by Matuin »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2010, 12:46:59 pm »

EDIT: So, I just opened the save and explored the fort. I am giving up my turn: This fort is WAY beyond help already.

Every dwarf has every labor turned on. Every noble is going insane because they have unmet mandates and no office/bedroom/anything. There's 30 sand raiders outside the gates playing catch with our skeletal eagle buddies. To make things worse, no one will listen to me because they are ALL planting bloody crops.

Hey, so far the skeletal eagles were kicking ass of the sand raiders. And there's 30? I counted 15 at most. 
The "every noble is going insane" is my part. But hey, nobody likes nobles. Except my noble. And that calls for :3.
Every dwarf with every labor? Not my fault. Jimmy left it so and I didn't dare change them manually.
And "bloody crops" you say...well, Jimmy left it so too. You, unfortunately, started on the end of the harvest. I'll take your save for a few hours then.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2010, 12:53:42 pm »

Hey, so far the skeletal eagles were kicking ass of the sand raiders. And there's 30? I counted 15 at most. 
The "every noble is going insane" is my part. But hey, nobody likes nobles. Except my noble. And that calls for :3.
Every dwarf with every labor? Not my fault. Jimmy left it so and I didn't dare change them manually.
And "bloody crops" you say...well, Jimmy left it so too. You, unfortunately, started on the end of the harvest. I'll take your save for a few hours then.

Yeah. Today is turning out to be a shitty day in the real world, so I don't feel  like dealing with a shitty day in the dwarf world =P

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2010, 12:57:36 pm »

Dwarf Therapist Anyone?  ::) Really, with this baby complaining about labour assignments seems rather silly. And set the fields to fallow.

Don't try to repair, build some sort of crazy megaproject to appease the giant eagles or whatever, go crazy. Make a elaborate system to flood the caverns with magma to cleanse them of cave carp (one of my little modifications) and other filth. Have a zerg rush against the sand raiders to save the booze, I don't know, do something EPIC.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:05:44 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ultimate Carl

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Carl's Ultimate Corner
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2010, 01:05:49 pm »

Even with DT having to basically reassign (or unassign as the case may be) an entire fort (that you didn't build yourself) while making sure that 1) things still get done 2) you don't have 10+ idlers can be tedious. :P
...Eh?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25