Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 barrels of water  (Read 1253 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
2010 barrels of water
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:51:55 pm »

Is this possible yet?

We all need water for various purposes, but flow slows down FPS.

Can we fill, buy, import, export, and generally use water in barrels for all water requiring purposes somehow?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 barrels of water
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 12:38:49 am »

No, but buckets are useful.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Pond

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:44:05 am »

Not yet, but were getting there.

I can't wait for the day when we can amount enough of any liquid for it to turn into a X/7 like water is now. And when that day comes I'm making a flood trap filled with lard, with a pool of magma under it.

Deep fried elf tastes just like chicken.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:49:22 am »

Chicken fried elf? Sign me up.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 12:51:55 am »

I'm expecting you there ISoB!
As soon as we can literally drown in blood, were all having a great big party to celebrate! BYO goblin, booze are on the house.

TheDancinZerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 02:37:22 am »

Complete with diseases that cause bleeding and coughing up blood!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 02:39:14 am »

Infectious, of coarse...

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 03:24:12 am »

Well if you need water in a barrel or a bucket, my guide will be including that soon. So be sure to keep an eye on it.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 03:26:37 am »

Shameless self advertisement.  :P

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 03:34:11 am »

Haha, well I am trying to cover everything and I do get tired of the same threads over and over... so I see no harm =-P

I believe I have some bucket testing ahead of me. ;)
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 11:57:14 am »

I can't wait for the day when we can amount enough of any liquid for it to turn into a X/7 like water is now. And when that day comes I'm making a flood trap filled with lard, with a pool of magma under it.

I think it's been more or less stated that water and magma will remain the only actual flows in the game, since they cause serious slowdown.  Everything else will just be contaminants.  I'm all for oils as a flow (particularly crude oil as a mining nuisance), since they have clear interactions with water/magma.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 01:13:36 pm »

I think it's been more or less stated that water and magma will remain the only actual flows in the game, since they cause serious slowdown.  Everything else will just be contaminants.  I'm all for oils as a flow (particularly crude oil as a mining nuisance), since they have clear interactions with water/magma.

Oh god, that's going to lead to some newbie Fun.  "Oh crap, the oil spill caught fire.  Dump water on it to put it out!"  "Why is everyone in my fortress burning to death AND drowning and the same time??"