Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphic set glitch  (Read 691 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Graphic set glitch
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »

Just a quick question - So I've been working on a 9x9 graphic set and have yet to be able to get it to work. I'm using a modified version of Dorten's 9x9 character set, graphics are on and I've got all the appropriate settings worked out on that end. The bmp file itself is 9x17 tiles (or 81x153 pixels in dimension divided into 9x9 tiles). Everything's in the right spot, yet all my dwarves look like... well, this:

All dwarves (the tileset currently only covers dwarf positions) look like those jumbled messes, whereas the blue arrow points to what they should look like generally (I'm aware they're 8x8 sprites; they're given extra space to fill a 9x9 area). I can see, though, that they're all different glitches (or Missingnos, rather :P) and that a few pixels such as occasionally their eyes are in the right spot, which means something is getting read. I just have no idea what on earth is causing this.

Here's my graphics_example.txt. Tile 8,0 is my "dude, you still need to do this sprite" tile, for reference.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for any and all help.

ed- Clarified title a bit.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:29:49 pm by Retro »

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic set glitch
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 12:53:27 pm »

Just a guess, try it with 10x18 tiles. Maybe the current texturing method doesn't work with odd numbers. However there should be no problems after d# merge with 9x17 tiles.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic set glitch
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:30:59 pm »

There was an issue very much like this with the 40d# Civ forge tilesets...

Check your horizontal/vertical designation numbers in the raw files, make sure they correspond properly to the grid of images in the .bmp file with the dwarf tiles - the reason it didn't work properly in the CF issue was because the raw values specified tiles that weren't on the .bmp, and so was probably referencing some memory that didn't even have a tile assigned to it - hence the odd garbled tiles you see in game.

Could be something completely different, ofc :)

e: could you post the .bmp you're using as well as the graphics_example.txt?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:41:42 pm by SquidgyB »