Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: alright, how's a guy supposed to train something other than a dog  (Read 686 times)

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see in the wiki that various tame animals from the elves and captured caged critters can be trained, some as pets, some as hunting, some for war... and that some require a Dungeon Master (who may not show up in this version).

So what's a dwarf to do.  Edit the raws with [TRAINABLE_WAR]?  I see all of the animals I am interested in already have a [TRAINABLE] flag.

igless

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: alright, how's a guy supposed to train something other than a dog
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

Granted just to let you know, I did recently edit the raws just for that... its just that no one seems to be coming to the request to train a war animal, so...
igless

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:35:39 pm »

The option "Train War Dog" is a misnomer. The trainer actually picks a trainable animal at random to train.

As for the 2nd post (you should use the edit button) can you clarify what is going on?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:37:37 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Hyperturtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 07:46:24 pm »

Actually we can consider this matter resolved.  My hunter was busy farming.  I disabled all of his other tasks and he finally decided to train.

I can see how this is random though.  You pretty much assign the creatures in random order, now, if you want to assign them to people. 

igless

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »

Are they exotic animals? Many animals are not trainable, at all, until you get a dungeon master... who is somewhat bugged in .03
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.