Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Magical RTD Turn 23: Fatigue  (Read 27173 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD Turn 20: Five Demons
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »

I shall design a rune that greatly enhances the strength of whoever is wearing an object inscribed with it.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD Turn 20: Five Demons
« Reply #271 on: August 04, 2010, 11:28:53 pm »

Turn 21: Not-So-Clever

attune rune to necromancy and walk toward the powerful Necromancer frelock with the intent of becoming his apprentice. I do this using the the Necromancy tracker all Necromancers have.

2) For some reason, you have the urge to seek out and gather the wisdom of a powerful necromancer. You think for awhile, trying to come up with a way to find one. Suddenly it hits you!!!

“I’ll use a rune to find one!!” you say to yourself, attracting the attention of numerous passers-by who now think you are crazy. You chuckle to yourself at your cleverness until you realize that you have no idea how to do that. You suddenly feel not-so-clever.

First thing attempt to bind the demon in front of me and make it fight the others, failing that sear it with life magic and go full wolf form

6) Realizing that you have to act fast before the demons get out of control, you stand up and yell: “You! Demon! I’ve brought you into this world, you must obey ME!” your voice seems weak and small compared to the beast of hell.

The dog sized creature turns around to face you. “We serve no one. It is only pure luck that your soul had the strength to survive summoning the five of us. We have gone hungry for thousands of years! Now is the time that the Apocalypse eats again!!!”

Your eyes fly open. Could you really have summoned them? The Apocalypse that was sealed away long ago by the gods? The five demons of the Apocalypse raged across the land in ancient times, devouring the Gods’ creations and spreading ruin across the land.

Suddenly, you are interrupted from your thoughts as the demon begins to grow. “You smell of darkness mortal, but that does not fool us. We can sense the light inside of you. It is the light of those accursed gods!” the demon lets out a roar. “We will devour you!!”

It suddenly leaps at you, but you jump out of the way, instantly knowing that this is the first of the five demons, Kalion the Beast. Knowing you cannot defeat him in your half-wolf state, you decide to unleash your own power.

You become full wolf, growing a foot taller. Your strength is increased ten-fold, your speed and agility seem to be infinite. But there is a price. You have to fight for control, but as you face Kalion, control is the last thing on your mind.

(Oooh, I just made plot)

Cast a sturdy Forcefield to protect myself, arm myself with the mace, and head down the corridor to see what's down there.

4) You decide to cast a forcefield spell before proceeding. 4) you cast it perfectly and proceed down the hall to enter a basement by the looks of it you see morul, a shadow, and a whole bunch of squirming vines.

+5 meta magic Experienced meta magician gained!!!

I Explore the shack for any valueables.

1) you start heading towards the shack, intending to go inside when it suddenly explodes. debris flies everywhere. 6) you don’t get hit by anything, but when you open your eyes, you see a completely destroyed shack. Nothing remains except for a crater. Well that was weird. Oh well, stuff blows up all the time.

Use Growth on my broken Leg

3) even though your leg is only badly bruised and not broken, It still hurts a lot when you move it, so you use growth on your leg. 6) moss and vines suddenly sprout from the ground and wrap around your leg tight, causing intense pain. Unfortunately, the vines don’t stop there. They begin crawling up your body and entirely encompass your body.

Hmm... so that’s what happens when you use an Elementalism spell as a healing spell.

+2 elementalism

Shadow: “Wait for orders.”

I shall design a rune that greatly enhances the strength of whoever is wearing an object inscribed with it.

3) you think about designing a rune of strength when you realize you can just go to the library in the university instead. you lug your stone all the way to the university and collapse at the gate, wishing you had designed one instead.

+5 strength

Take a good look at the sword, see if anything epic will happen if I use it in a battle or something.

4)looking at the sword, it doesn't seem to be anything special besides the fact that it's made out of an exoskeleton, but you feel that it has power deep beneath it's cover. you just wish that it was a hammer instead. either way, you don't think any special powers will appear by staring at it, so you'll have to wait for battle.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:33:29 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD Turn 21: Not-So-Clever
« Reply #272 on: August 04, 2010, 11:34:26 pm »

Frelock: Human
Status: Badly bruised leg -1 to walking and running and overall foot stuff, Trapped in Vines
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf
Spoiler: special (click to show/hide)

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human
Spoiler: NPC Allies (click to show/hide)

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
Status: fine, covered in goblin brain (-1 to persuasion and negotiating in person)
magic= none

Asurth (Wolfchild): half werewolf (turns into full wolf at will, takes one turn unless bad roll)
Status: Full Wolf Form, black furred, claws, tough skin (-1 to slashing attacks), hardened bones (-1 to crush attacks),
Spoiler: Special (click to show/hide)

Max Clyne (Maxicaxi): Human

Ochita: elf
[/quote]

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 04, 2010, 11:58:14 pm »

Create a rune to guide me to a mighty necromancer then go to necromancer
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:54 am »

Use my kopesh to cut him free, then lead him out of the cave.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:44 am »

Just before striking him launch a frost spell and a blast of life magic at the beast, followed very quickly by a flurry of claw attacks
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2010, 02:34:36 am »

Wiggle an arm free, then look through The Power of the Elements for some way of fixing this thing.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2010, 05:31:47 am »

I leave my rock behind a tree and enter the university. I'll look for a design for a rune of strength.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2010, 07:28:52 am »

Head back to town, and call it a day.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:54 pm »

Turn 22: Frustrations

Create a rune to guide me to a mighty necromancer then go to necromancer

3) Even though you have no Idea how to make a Necromancy tracking rune, you decide to try anyway. You begin scribbling on various things trying to get something to happen. 5) You keep working until the sun sets magical lanturns of the city light. Finally, when you draw a rune on a rock, it glows and an arrow floats above it, pointing east. You’re not sure if it’s actually pointing at anything at all however.

+3 rune crafting
New spell: Rune of Tracking: ???**
Inventory: Rock of Tracking ???

Wiggle an arm free, then look through The Power of the Elements for some way of fixing this thing.

5) You manage to loosen the vines around your body and get an arm free from the bonds. Instead of ripping at the vines with your now free hand, you search around for your book. You find it on the ground luckily and try to bring it to the gaps in the vines covering your face so you can read it. unfortunately it’s hard to open the book and hold it above your face with only one hand. Besides, you don’t know what to research.

Use my kopesh to cut him free, then lead him out of the cave.

3) you approach the vine covered man and draw your sword, intending to help. Unfortunately, the shadow thinks that you are planning to do otherwise and stands between you and Frelock. 3) You try persuading it to move and fail. You try going around it, but it moves to stand in your way. Not wanting to pick a fight with a being such as that, you let your puzzle solving skills go to work.

Just before striking him launch a frost spell and a blast of life magic at the beast, followed very quickly by a flurry of claw attacks

Control: 4) You maintain control of yourself.

2) Just as you are about to strike the beast, it jumps at you and swipes at your form. 2) Now the size of a house, Kalion sends you rocketing through the air. You fly over the blacksmith and land on the next street 3+1=4) very hard. You get many bruises, but you are very happy that you accidentally made your bones tougher.

Kalion: “Follow the chew toy” 6) Not about to let Wolfchild get away, the demon rams through the buildings in the way, destroying the blacksmith and a couple other houses. 5) Wolfchild is too far away from the houses for anything to land on him or harm him.

Luck: 4) a couple of soldiers come running down the street heading toward Kalion.

I leave my rock behind a tree and enter the university. I'll look for a design for a rune of strength.

6) you leave your stone behind a tree in front of the university and enter. You immediately head toward the library. Once you get there, you are overwhelmed and get flooded with the urge to learn. You grab a bunch of books, sit down at a table, and begin looking through the first one for a rune of strength. After a minute of looking, you feel way too anxious and begin reading another book, unable to wait. You are so excited that you can’t contain it and quickly begin the process of switching between all the books you’ve got. 4) Despite the fact you keep switching, you retain much information that you read, but you still keep switching between books so you don’t learn much.

+2 runecrafting
+1 alchemy
+3 summoning
+1 metamagic
Inventory: Book of Runes, Making Potions, Summoning Basics, Metamagic for Dimwits

Head back to town, and call it a day.

5) ignoring Sargoth and Frelock, you head up the stairs of the basement and find a bedroom in the mansion. You get in bed and begin sleeping like a baby.

Ochita: “head back to town” 5) with the shack ruined, you decide that it isn’t worth the trouble to be outside the town gates, so you quickly return to the town square.

Environment: It is now night.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD Turn 22: Frustrations
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:46 pm »

Frelock: Human
Status: Badly bruised leg -1 to walking and running and overall foot stuff, Trapped in Vines with one arm free
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf
Spoiler: special (click to show/hide)

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human
Spoiler: NPC Allies (click to show/hide)

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
magic= none

Asurth (Wolfchild): half werewolf (turns into full wolf at will, takes one turn unless bad roll)
Status: Full Wolf Form, black furred, claws, tough skin (-1 to slashing attacks), hardened bones (-1 to crush attacks), Bruised
Spoiler: Special (click to show/hide)

Max Clyne (Maxicaxi): Human

Ochita: elf

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39:03 pm »

Blast the demon with life magic
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 08, 2010, 03:20:39 pm »

Convince the Shadow I am there to help. Then: Help.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2010, 05:16:02 pm »

Can't stop. Must read faster.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »

Sigh, a proper wizard never does with his hands what he can do with a spell.
Or minion!

Have the shadow gently pull the roots off of me.  Continue reading The Power of the Elements
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21