Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Countries At War: Let's Redux This. TURN 1 NO LONGER COMMENCING.  (Read 8633 times)

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: Let's Redux This.
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2010, 07:09:58 pm »

Sounds like a game I could care about!
Can I just have the entire U.S. please? If not, Russia.
Color: Green
Also, we should have a codex for infrastructure (factories, bases, air strips) and stationary emplacements (Flak guns and pillboxes).
New unit idea: Gurrilla Fighter
Does poor damage in a frontal assault, relatively expensive ($1000?) and weak.
Advantages are: good at destroying infrastructure and sabatoging stuff.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:14:26 pm by Canalan »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2010, 07:12:02 pm »

*Phantom twitches, as if he was going to go into a fit of rage and strangle someone.*

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »

Not participating, put watching with interest.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 07:16:06 pm »

I'm waiting for an official unit list to be put in the first post before I make my turn.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2010, 07:18:59 pm »

*Phantom twitches, as if he was going to go into a fit of rage and strangle someone.*
;D Whoops. Sorry.

Also, we should have a codex for infrastructure (factories, bases, air strips) and stationary emplacements (Flak guns and pillboxes).

Since New Zealand has the same strength as, you know, china. I don't see anything wrong with you being the entire united states.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2010, 07:24:13 pm »

Awesome.
The recently promoted President of the United States requests an N.A.P with the seperatist nation of Alaska.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2010, 07:25:30 pm »

That's a bad idea. Especially since he is likely very mad at you right now.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2010, 07:26:52 pm »

Paranatural, Would you like an alliance with Israel Jordan Israel?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2010, 07:32:31 pm »

That's a bad idea. Especially since he is likely very mad at you right now.
Or is it a good idea?  8)
Why would he be mad at me? I just suggested stuff, and requested the entire U.S.A.
Hey, I said I would take Russia as an alternative...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2010, 07:36:01 pm »

Alright guys. You want me to put all THAT when I'm gone? There is this nice thing called "School" you know. That and I went bowling.

Jesus, stop controlling my game guys. And won't you think I'll be putting those WMDs in yet. Jesus, let me finish my update.
He can only be mad at you my friend.

Also; don't forget that Neyvn (Cuba) is right next to you.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »

President Canalan would like to offer a M.P.P. to the illustrious Presidente Neyvn of Cuba. Through unity comes strength.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2010, 07:55:09 pm »

No, you may not have all of america.

THE GODDAMN OFFICIAL UNITS.
WAIT FOR ME JACKASS.

Units: All these are trained in the numbers of Battalions. Except ships. They are made 1 by 1.
Militia, 150$: The only thing good about them is that they are cheap. Works well in groups.
Regulars, 275$: Works much better than Militia, able to take about 2 Militia at a time.
Light Infantry, 500$: Available to GDI only, works better than all other infantry. Able to take on 2 Regulars and 4 Militia.
Country Specific Units: Will be specified to you, depending on which country.

MBT Tanks, 600$: Works better than all other tanks, other than ones possible to be researched. (Researching shall be a later game mechanic.)
Medium Tanks, 500$: Mostly consisting of Tanks made before the 1980s. Works nicely on Light Tanks and MBTs in groups of 3.
Light Tanks, 400$: Mostly consisting of Tanks made before or during the 1960s.

Destroyer, 700$: Can carry up to 2 groups of infantry battalions. Perfect for laying down shelling in groups of 3.
Battleship: 3000$: Essentially 3 Cruisers and one Battlecruiser in one. May carry 2 Infantry battalions if alone, 4 if supported by 2 Amphibious Assault Ships. And may carry one tank battalion if assisted by 2 Amphibious Assault Ships.
Amphibious Assault Ship, 500: Most be supported by another ship to travel anywhere besides in coastal areas. Automatically comes with Amphibious Transports.
Frigate, 500$: Has more firepower than a AAP, but may not carry units.
Cruiser, 1000$: Essentially 2 Destroyers and 2 Frigates together. May only carry 2 Infantry Battalions.
Battlecruiser, 2000$: It has the firepower of three destroyers, and one frigate, but may only carry 1 Infantry Battalion.
Aircraft Carrier: 3000$: May carry 6 Aircraft Squadrons. Nothing else.

Fixed Wing Aircraft:
Fighter Squadron, 700$: Works well against other aircraft, but has limited use against ground and sea targets.
Fighter-Bomber squadron, 1000$: Performs air combat and air-to-ground combat good. May attack sea based targets.
Bomber group, 1000$: Dedicated just for bombing. Does not work against ships though, and they cannot be carried by an aircraft carrier.
Gunship Group, 1200$: Performs better against ground and sea targets than Fighter-Bombers, but has very limited use against other aircraft.
Transport Group, 700$: May carry one group of any type of land based unit. Defenseless.

Infrastructure:
Air Strips, 1000$: Needed for best aircraft performance.
Factories, 3000$: Has an income rate of 200$ per turn. Limit of two per country.
Harbors and drydocks, 1000$: Needed for building of sea-based units. Enhances effectiveness when ships are defending a country where one is built.
Research stations, 1500$: Required for a country to start researching.

Mercenaries:
Contract, may vary: Needed to hire Mercenaries.
Mercenary Group, 200$: Better than Militia, but worse than regulars.
Mercenary Tank Battalion: Better than light tanks, but worse than medium tanks.

Submarines:
Pocket Submarine, 1000$: A Submarine that does as much damage as a Frigate. the Pocket Submarine Has a 10% chance of being discovered when it fires.
Submarine, 3000$: The average Submarine today, the Submarine can do as much damage as a Destroyer, it can take on two Pocket Submarines. It has a 20% chance to be discovered when firing.
Boomer Submarine, 7500$: Must be loaded with nukes to use first.

Superweapons: Must be researched.

Helicopters:
Scout Group, 500$: Nice for scouting out territories and pestering infantry, but otherwise they're not good for anything else.
Gunship Group, 800$: Works well against ground units, meant for attacking. 4 groups would be enough to carry 2 infantry battalions or 1 tank battalion.
Attack Helicopter, 800$: More firepower, but can't carry units. So no infantry island hopping for you.

Alright this is damn done. I'll get the countries statuses up. As for more countries, no more.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 10:52:20 pm by Phantom »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2010, 08:11:05 pm »

>Edit: Whoops, this was intended as a PM..  :-X 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:13:50 pm by Ultimuh »

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2010, 08:13:37 pm »

I am truly sorry about whatever I did to piss you off.
Really, I am sorry.
My OCD demands a whole country, undivided.
So... Russia?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:57 pm »

Yeah, I'm sorry too. I should think a bit more before I act.

I almost always fail when I try to 'help' someone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11