Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Countries At War: Let's Redux This. TURN 1 NO LONGER COMMENCING.  (Read 8632 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: Let's Redux This.
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »

Considering the speed of modern ships, conquest of Afrika by non-afrikan powers isn't out of the question

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 04:41:23 pm »

Considering the speed of modern ships, conquest of Afrika by non-afrikan powers isn't out of the question
Though, he is quite safe from any land assault. So as long as he can hold his enemies off shore he is safe.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »

Ok, so who is running this? I thought it was Phantom? Is it Tarran?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 04:46:47 pm »

Phantom is the GM. but Taran seens to be second in command.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »

WHY DOES EVERYONE FORGET OR MESS UP MY NAME?! Terran, Taran, whats next? :(

I'm kinda the unofficial second, I have far too much free time, so I might as well be productive (hah) with my time.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 04:53:42 pm »

Hey, I got it right :P

So, we have 2 Billion, and can spend it on all this stuff. When do we get more money? Do we post what units we want on here or mail messages? Does everyone just know what everyone else has? And I'm guessing we should wait till the Units lists are final, eh?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »

We should wait, since I still don't know if Phantom likes my suggestions. :P

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 04:57:45 pm »

If the previous treads are to go by, most of it is conducted in the tread, with things like secret aliances being conducted via PM, though there could be publicly known alliances as well. As for when we get the money, it'll be in your account as soon as Strife starts the game.

One thing I don't know is how realistic this game is. what, for example, would happen if someone gains controll over nearly all sources of uranium? Does that make building nukes a lot harder? Can countries be cut off from supplies by naval blockades? Can we engage in sabotage?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:59:43 pm by Virex »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 04:59:13 pm »

Got it, thanks!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 05:07:38 pm »

I can't write up good Disctiptions or shit like that but...

Transport Helicopters.
Transport Boats.
Transport Vehicles.

There are a lack of those. Specially for Island Nations, (looks at Cuba, Australia, New Zealand, England and Others like that.) I mean its all nice that you have all big boats and shit, but for a quick Troop Carrier to bring the people over easily is needed...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 05:15:06 pm »

We've got the amphibious assault ship and aircraft carriers for the planes. Aircrafts havn't been worked on yet. Strife also said that non-transport ships can carry a small ammount of troops as well.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2010, 05:29:07 pm »

Arrgh, will I ever get a break?

Military Freighter, 1000$: Being nothing more than a Freighter with troops on it, the military freighter is a cheap and vulnerable transport, it can handle two infantry, or one armored group. It has no military capabilities, and, thus, can be destroyed by even a Frigate.

Airborne Light Transport group, 1000$: A light airborne transport group (think Black Hawks), they can hold one infantry unit. They can also attack from the air doing as much damage as two militia groups. They can be taken down by any other airborne unit.

Airborne Heavy Transport group, 4000$: A heavy airborne transport group (think Chinooks), they can hold three infantry units, or one light armored unit, they can also carry two Gunboats (yes, they can dip the back side of the Chinook in the water). They can also attack from the air doing as much damage as three militia groups. They can take down a Light Transport group, but are defeated by any other airborne unit.

I have no plans for any APC's, if you want some make them yourselves. The infantry should be able to transport themselves anyway...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2010, 06:48:54 pm »

They're military battalions. It's safe to assume they've got all they need with them.
I'd sugest bringing down the cost of the heavy transport to 2200$. A chinook isn't much more expensive then a destroyer. Though that'd mean the amphibious transport could cost 1900$ as well, since it's pretty much double a freighter with some extra armour.

Also, here are some references for aircraft wings:
Fixed-wing aircraft need a landing strip to refuell and resuply once they run out of either. VTOL aircraft can land on carriers. Stealth aircrafts are very hard to detect without specific instalations and even then they have a decent chance of slipping trough. Sub-orbital aircraft can only be attacked by interceptors and air superiority fighters, though the last have only a 50% chance of succeeding. Most aircraft need a runway to launch and land and thus can not opperate from countries where this infrastructure has been destroyed. Land-based forces will automaticly make makeshift runways for aircraft that can use these (Interceptors, Spy Planes, Transport Planes and all Helicopters)

Fighter, 1700$: Standard issue fighter to keep the airspace clean. Medium range. Can take down a Fighter/Interceptor or a Bomber on it's own. Comes in a VTOL version for 2200$, a stealth version for 5500$ and a stealth VTOL version for 7000$

Fighter/Interceptor, 1900$: Fast aircraft with poor manouvrability desinged to intercept and destroy enemy bombers. Has a short range and is capable of taking down 4 bombers, but gets taken down by normal fighters. Due to it's small posture, it's always deployable from carriers and can be deployed from makeshift runways made by a land-based squadron. Comes in a stealth version for 5900$

Air Superiority Fighter, 3000$: Heavy anti-air fighter. Long range, but incapable of attacking ground targets. Can take down 2 fighters, 3 F/I's or 2 bombers. Comes in a VTOL version for 4200$, a stealth version for 8000$ and a stealth VTOL version for 12000$

Bomber, 1800$: Standard issue bomber. Long range. Has a minor chance of taking down a fighter, but stands little chance against interceptors or air superiority fighters on it's own. Can do modest damage bombarding. Comes in a stealth version for 6800$

Strategic bomber, 2200$: Fast bomber carrying light anti-tank payloads. Short range. Can usualy outmanouver normal fighters long enough to drop it's payload. Used to take down panzer batalions or medium-sized ships. Roughly as powerfull as a medium tank but stands little chance against interceptors and air superiority fighters. Comes in a VTOL version for 3000$, a stealth version for 7000 and a stealth VTOL verion for 10000$

Fighter/Bomber, 2700$: A more manouvrable version of the Strategic bomber, but it sacrifices on payload. Short range. Counts as a fighter for air combat roles, and as a medium tank for ground combat. Comes in a VTOL version for 3700$, a stealth version for  9000$ and a stealth VTOL version for 130000$

Tactical Bomber, 3500$: Carries a very heavy payload or a nuclear warhead. The weapon of choice for taking down large industrial complexes or enemy fleets. Has a tail gun capable of taking down single fighters with relative ease. Comes in a stealth version for 11000$

Spy Plane, 1700$: Standard issue plane for spying upon your enemies and your allies alike. Long range. Is always deployable from a carrier and from make-shift runways made by land-based forces. Comes in a stealth version for 3500$, a sub-orbital version for 5500$ and a sub-orbital stealth version for 7000$.

Radar Plane, 3500$: Extremely long range. Keeps an eye on all aircraft in the surrounding area, making intercepting them much easier. Has little defense itself but can scramble the opponents radar to buy time. Doesn't come in stealth version due to it's active radar. Comes in a sub-orbital version for 7000$

Refuel plane, 1500$: Cheap way to upgrade the range of all aircraft except interceptors. Has a high range. Utterly defenseless, they are best deployed far away from enemy fire. Can refuel several aircraft before having to land.

Transport Plane, 2200$: Medium-sized aircraft with a long range but relatively slow. Can land on makeshift runways but not on carriers. Can carry 3 infantry squadrons or 1 armored group.

Heavy Transport Plane, 3000$: Large aircraft with a huge range used to haul big pieces of equipment around. Unlike it's smaller brother, these need a runway to land. Can carry 4 infantry squadrons or 2 armoured groups.

Helicopters are short-rangesd and can be attacked by all ground forces except of artillery, though with varying succes. They come in stealth versions but have no sub-orbital capacities. Most can be deployed from cruisers and larger ships. They can refuell and resuply from any location containing a land-based squadron.

Helicopter Gunship, 2200$: Short-ranged, slow aircraft capable of dealing surprising amounts of damage to infantry batalions but is less efective at taking out tanks. Is vundrable to direct fire from non AA ground forces. Is deployable from any ship larger then a Destroyer. Comes in a stealth version for 6800$

Tankbuster Hellicopter, 2500$: Short-ranged, slow aircraft capable of tearing a tank squadron apart. Is reasonably effective against infantry but can't lay down enough fire to realty punish them. Is deployable from any ship larger then a Destroyer. Comes in a stealth version for 7600$

Sub-Hunter Heli, 2500: Helicopter equipe with sonar buoys and depth charges. Is useless against land forces, but it deals damage to surface ships equall to a corvette. Has double chance of detecting submarines. Is deployable from anything larger then a Corvette. Comes in a stealth version for 7600$

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »

They are groups! not single helicopters. ::) And the Amphibious assault ship is fine, since it can provide bombardment for it's units (ships cannot bombard while fighting other ships) and has some defense for itself. Ah heck, I'll bump it down to 3500$, but no lower.

Now, time for WMDs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ed:spoiler.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:10:48 pm by Tarran »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2010, 07:08:39 pm »

Alright guys. You want me to put all THAT when I'm gone? There is this nice thing called "School" you know. That and I went bowling.

Jesus, stop controlling my game guys. And won't you think I'll be putting those WMDs in yet. Jesus, let me finish my update.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:11:04 pm by Phantom »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11