Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Countries At War: Let's Redux This. TURN 1 NO LONGER COMMENCING.  (Read 8631 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Countries At War: Let's Redux This.
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 07:50:00 am »

highly interesting that germany start with switzerland and austria already included...how...fortunate...

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 07:55:18 am »

China is fortunate.  ;)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 08:07:41 am »

Austria hasn't been absorbed, but switzerland seems to have been. What are the rules now? Do we need a national anthem?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2010, 08:45:21 am »

to commander phantom:

dear phantom i wish to join in on the glory of Gdi lets sign a mutual protection pact for the Gdis glory
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2010, 08:45:59 am »

First matter, non-aggression pact.... damn, I can't work out who no Non-Aggression with.

i will sign
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 09:33:32 am »

Alright, this is all good.
I'll show the units.
Units: All these are trained in the numbers of Battalions. Except ships. They are made 1 by 1.
Militia, 150$: The only thing good about them is that they are cheap. Works well in groups.
Regulars, 275$: Works much better than Militia, able to take about 2 Militia at a time.
???
Light Infantry, 500$: Available to GDI only, works better than all other infantry.

MBT Tanks, 600$: Works better than all other tanks, other than ones possible to be researched. (Researching shall be a later game mechanic.)
Medium Tanks, 500$: Mostly consisting of Tanks made before the 1980s. Works nicely on Light Tanks and MBTs in groups of 3.
Light Tanks, 400$: Mostly consisting of Tanks made before or during the 1960s.

Destroyer, 375$: Can carry up to 2 groups of infantry battalions. Perfect for laying down shelling in groups of 3.

Shall update rest soon.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2010, 11:15:54 am »

Just to inform you guys, I will not have any internet connection (this is not my home computer) untill sometime after midnight (end of month).
So utill then, avoid any conflict with Greenland please?
Let's just say that Greenland is neutral for now as is gathering resources or something.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2010, 11:47:01 am »

Light Infantry, 500$: Available to GDI only, works better than all other infantry.
Hey! Just because you're the GM doesn't mean you can have an unique unit and we can't! ::)

If you are going to have a light infantry then I'm going to have a super battleship. :P

How about this for the rest of us then?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ed:spoiler.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:12:03 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »

Because I'm bored, here's some ships, note that ships cost a lot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Submarines and Submarine Chasers coming soon.

Ed:spoiler.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:12:20 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2010, 03:11:52 pm »

To those whom it concerns,

My dear sirs. At this point the war against the Tamil Tigers is at it's critical point. As you may know, the Tamil threat, backed up by imperialistic outside forces, has been rising and threatening to take over Sri Lanka for several decades now. Recently they have dared to attack several important economic centres along the coast. Therefor the Sri Lankan government has decided to declare the State of Mobilization. From this moment onward, the central authorities shall control any movement of persons and goods in Sri Lanka and it's territorial waters, as well as the airspace within an 40 mile radius from the Sri Lankan coast. India has agreed upon aiding the central authorities to once and for all strike down the Tamil threat.

At this point however, there seem to be indications that the Tamil Tigers have been backed up by outside forces of unknown origin. The central authorities therefor wish to ask any well thinking country to aid Sri Lanka in prosecuting those who would wish to threaten it's sovereignty or at least to refrain from interfering with it's internal affairs.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2010, 03:52:30 pm »

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread with all these units Phantom. Hope you don't mind, well, at least you aren't doing the work. :P

Spoiler: Submahreens (click to show/hide)

Also; just made a pact. Though I'm not going to release it until it seems like we need it.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2010, 04:24:27 pm »

Ohh, can I jump in as South Africa?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2010, 04:24:58 pm »

Ohh, can I jump in as South Africa?
Color?

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2010, 04:26:39 pm »

Sorry, Blue?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2010, 04:38:05 pm »

You're lucky, so much territory to take over. And you're quite distant from the rest of us, so basically nothing to worry about.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11