Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your most epic battle!  (Read 2229 times)

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
Your most epic battle!
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:29:27 am »

Mine was the sweet sweeet revenge for my fallen character who got pounded into the ground by 5 cyclopes 2 of which were named i brought along 2 lashers and a fish cleaner the lashers went for the non named cyclops's i think they escaped but the named ones who killed my last character were shot with many crossbow bolts and strangled with a whip.
Nope probably my battle with a dragon it was extremly easy  8) [im not lying]i hit it in the leg with my flail and it passed out due to pain.after 5 [human]minutes i just decided to strangle it.Oh i had broken every bone [exept for neck]in its body.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:09:15 am by The butcher »
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: Your most epic battle!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:24 pm »

A battle with a dragon in 40d, but in the newest version I would suppose it was when me and my other companions were in the midst of a goblin zerg rush (after killing their leader)
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:02:04 am »

Fighting a town's demonic law-giver and 20+ stooges, only one of my minions assisted me. took several hours.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 01:24:52 pm »

My hammerdwarf and a few allied dorfs had to fight a cyclops. Only, this cyclops had wrestled a shield away from an earlier adventurer before one shotting him with it.
 Me and him traded bruises back and forth for a very long time, while he would take a turn once in a while to break one of my allies limbs.
I only won because he was still a novice with a shield, and eventually grew tired from blocking attacks by the lot of us. Once he grew tired, I got a lucky strike in and broke his spine :D

Earlier with that same group of dwarves, we had fought a skeletal titan (40d.) One dwarf had both of his arms broken and proceeded to nom the titan's leg :D

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 03:24:57 pm »

Wearing no armor, I shattered all of a bronze collosus's body parts with the corpse of a thousand year old dragon, severed all of it's fingers and toes, and knocked it into a pond where I continued beating it several hundred more times until it was sitting on the muddy floor. I then dropped the dragon and beat the sucker for a while with my bear hands (It didn't accomplish anything, but is seemed like a pretty hardcore thing to do) then I left, came back and lured it to the top of the cave rock where I lured it into charging off the edge. (however I had dodged off the edge) I had to retreat beacuse a 1 z level fall had broken my dragon swinging arm. (the colossus fell 2 z levels and still had all its body parts in red from when I beat it with the dragon, so was really unharmed) I then traveled off by abusing the sneak function and decided to train on the other continent of my world. (I was killed unceremoniously by a glacier on my way there)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:36:44 pm by Robocorn »

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:22 pm »

Wearing no armor, I shattered all of a bronze collosus's body parts with the corpse of a thousand year old dragon, severed all of it's fingers and toes, and knocked it into a pond where I continued beating it several hundred more times until it was sitting on the muddy floor. I then dropped the dragon and beat the sucker for a while with my bear hands (It didn't accomplish anything, but is seemed like a pretty hardcore thing to do) then I left, came back and lured it to the top of the cave rock where I lured it into charging off the edge. (however I had dodged off the edge) I had to retreat beacuse a 1 z level fall had broken my dragon swinging arm. (the colossus fell 2 z levels and still had all its body parts in red from when I beat it with the dragon, so was really unharmed) I then traveled off by abusing the sneak function and decided to train on the other continent of my world. (I was killed unceremoniously by a glacier on my way there)
BEAR HANDS
awesome.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 06:15:05 pm »

damn my typos! :-X

how about this? I beat the dragon that I hit the Bronze colossus with by stealing a bronze shield running up to it, and punching it until it was vomiting and unconcious. I then proceeded to punch it with my bare hands until its lungs gave out from damage. I then put it in my pack and wielded its blood in both hands as weapons until I came across the colossus.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 01:40:01 am »

cause a race battle(tantrum spiral ) in a elven resort.
how?
some where between cracking the adamantine tower in a dwarven home, a goblin child murder companion who kill the second power of at the time, losing the ability to fight back, retiring/becoming a member everywhere possible and one trip back to the place the murders happen.

the place was crawling in dwarves and humans refugees and most are members to the civ I was in so after one elf grab my useless arms it lead to a huge brawl where dwarven fishermen punching elven herbalists and ton of kills from my goblin serial killer. the end result was that every one in the area move to a old ghost town and there you can't walk 3 tiles with out an elf choking an human.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 03:09:54 am »

Well...it was a "Hoary Marmot"... I was kind of proud of myself, I just downloaded the game. Stabbed the marmot in the upper body with my silver sword then stabbed it in the eye killing it. Then another marmot attacked me, and I dodged.
Then quickly swung the sword at it, cutting the artery, damaging many nerves and torn a tendon. Then it bleed to death.

Eh, I'll probably get better ones as I learn more things.

Xyus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:32 am »

Ah, my most epic battle? I would have to say the single handed siege of the Capital City of the single largest Human Empire in a relatively mature world (~300-400 yrs).

Synopsis:
-----
Population Before he went postal:
    356 (Modified pop cap)

Approximately half were military.
-----
Afterword:
-----

Needless to say, he had Adamantine armor, was a grandmaster in both dodger and armor use, and it took a long time. [Edit] A LONG time.

I'm going to try to repeat it eventually, although I don't know if I can get them lucky enough to survive 150+ military poking at them, like he could.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 06:37:48 am »

OH damn. After traveling few days to a human town, where I was supposed to kill Resh Master... I swiftly stabbed him with my spear few times, piercing his armor numerous times and his skin too...then grabbed him by the head and fractured it with my spear, same did I for the neck. Out of sudden, with adrenaline flowing thru' his veins, he grabbed me by my thumb and threw me at the wall. Making me EXPLODE.

The end is nigh :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't even do enough to get myself wrote in the legends book.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:40:56 am by Dbuhos »

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 08:12:13 am »

I slowly killed off 30% of the humans in the world, through sneaky night attacks and not-so-sneaky full on fights.

It was a pocket world, so not that impressive.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 02:51:51 pm »

Actually, I guess my most epic fight was defending the last mountainhome from 2 WHOLE CHASMS (read: in 40d a chasm would spawn hundreds and hundreds of creatures outside of it, ready to kill you)
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:30:18 pm »

it was back in the time mighty hero kings(40d) the unstop able wolfman thay called kisupy the strikeing of thunders and three others of his kin trun there blade to a elf town.

as the sun rose up,it was kisupy how broke the silent dawn whive the sickening crack of brakeing spine.
the elf sent bow, blade and spear aginst his band but for every ther arrows sank deep in to his flesh, he cut the other clean into as it arc thoro the air.
the elfs armed with blade or spear fell befor the bloody arc of his axe as it clove past armor skin muscle and clean out,bones shatterd.

some tryed to run but thay where few as many lay on the bloody ground not killed out right but who life blood flowed of there wounds,

then he burnt the elfs trees to the ground,so that the elfs mark was brunt from the face of the would.

ok so i killed 400+ elfs with 3 back up and then set fire to the resort but that way sound more fun
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »

Led a company of eight adventurers and one child against one of The13thRonin's Red Dragons from DIG DEEPER. Those things are big.

Just me and the child survived. Yay. The rest got themselves alternately roasted and torn to shreds, but I got a ridiculously lucky shot and broke the dragon's neck. In 40d, that basically causes paralysis.

So the child and I beat the paraplegic dragon to death.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: [1] 2