Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where is my Baron and Dungeon Master?  (Read 767 times)

Bralor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Where is my Baron and Dungeon Master?
« on: April 29, 2010, 03:25:31 am »

It's been 4 years already, I have 73 dwarfs, 565,000 created wealth, 184,000 Imported, 13,000 exported (seems to be stuck there for a wile) and my liaison just visited me so I know he's still alive. Is this a bug? I've read about it and some people say it's becose the liaison died, but mine is still alive.

I have a lot of exotic animals waiting to be tamed, including a giant eagle. If he doesn't show up soon I'll mess with the raws.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where is my Baron and Dungeon Master?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:08 am »

i had a large fort, and diplomat never showed up

now i got the proposal at ~ 25 dwarfs, accepted, but still cant get/appoint the DM

dwarf count is 60

Bralor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 03:57:53 am »

Well my game just crashed after and the save was from about 3 hours ago. So.... yeah I'll just abandon it and try again maybe I'll get the DM

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 07:12:05 am »

I don't know, I think it's buggy.

My first lasting fort I got the baron message with around what the wiki lists as the requirements. My latest fort (in a different world) has not gotten even though I've got millions of produced and exported wealth, 50+ dwarves, etc.

No idea how the dungeon master works if you promote a baron from within. My liaison was killed before he made it off the map the one time I got the message so I never actually got a baron to test it out.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Yiab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:53:04 am »

I've never even seen the baron message, and I've been well above the requirements in multiple forts in multiple games. Here's hoping it's fixed in the next version.