Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heavy MetalDwarves: How To?  (Read 518 times)

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
Heavy MetalDwarves: How To?
« on: April 28, 2010, 03:31:56 pm »

So let's say I just want to change the material my dwarves are made of. I still want the general body layout, I just want to change the body materials to be metal instead of fleshy soft stuff.

How are body materials handled.

So far when i have looked around a guess it's connected too
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS] the thing confusion I have is that i can't find the STANDARD_MATERIALS defenition.

I interpret the tags as that everything before a : is the name/type, if it's just the name it's a flag that get's set. Anything after the : is either a value or a reference to another named attribute that will be used.

So the previous tag says "I want my Body Detail Plan to use what ever the defenition is of Standard Materials".

But then again I am known to be totaly wrong on occasions.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Heavy MetalDwarves: How To?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 04:59:36 pm »

well seeing as no one has replied yet, i believe you'd want to look at the bronze colossus entry or elementman gabbro or elementman amethyst for referencing.

I believe this entry
Code: [Select]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:GABBRO]would make your dwarf drop a gabbro boulder on death...

I believe this entry
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:ROCK]
[TISSUE_NAME:gabbro:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:GABBRO]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ROCK]
is what is on the gabbro dudes entry and I believe this makes it so their skin is gabbro.

I haven't done creature modifications really, so this is all a guess, but I hope this helps.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy MetalDwarves: How To?
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »

I have never been more disappointed by a misleading thread title in my life.  ;)