Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 128791 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #3735 on: July 15, 2010, 07:06:58 pm »

I'll look up the original PMs that cover the warp if you want, but here's the gist of my plan:
Stage 1: Create the zerg by merging Mercer's Bio-manipulation ability with an Overmind, as well as local control cerabrates.
Stage 2: Isolate worlds by creating barriers between the systems which oppose reality itself, interlaced by wormhole-like punctures, allowing transit with the right tech.
Stage 3: Send zerg to kill cultists on NW, if already dead, disperse throughout the planes created by Stage I, beginning war on all planets. aim at the largest pop center, attempting to gain as much genetic data for experimentation as possible, and spreading out to cover the planet. make use of weakened forces after the Godwar to limit chances of failure. possibly leave the chained one alone, possibly leave him for last. invade Aether by means of waygates already in existence.
So basically I was going to Zerg rush the universe.
any comments/suggestions on how to do it better?
EDIT: I forgot to mention, I would leave you guys just enough followers so that you don't completely die, and then initiate a systematic culling every few mellenia, giving you time to create new stuff to fight back with, which you will have to, as they will most likely adapt eventually for new enemies.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:23:18 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:15 pm »

Problems: We don't die without followers(I have none), and someone would just create the Protoss to repel them before that much devastation could happen.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: July 15, 2010, 09:44:14 pm »

true, but they would have to go through the whole time when they were tribes trying to kill each other so they create the psionics required to kill the cerebrates or overmind. though they would get those first, (don't they draw power from stars? i forget the details) so they may need substantially less time. second wave, at least. they would also be confined to only a handful of worlds, thus helping me out.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3738 on: July 15, 2010, 09:53:45 pm »

Another problem: Astra'ath would destroy the zerg.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: July 15, 2010, 09:55:31 pm »

Heh, they are rather similar.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: July 15, 2010, 09:58:46 pm »

hence they are more a "well, he's gone, time to wrap things up." plan than a plan to kill him. that would be done by causeing all your assimilated personalitys to start a civil war.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3741 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:35 pm »

hence they are more a "well, he's gone, time to wrap things up." plan than a plan to kill him. that would be done by causeing all your assimilated personalitys to start a civil war.
Wouldn't really work based on how I have made the god. They don't store the personalities of things, they consume them.

Also I'd prefer we not use my character as a cheap plot device.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: July 15, 2010, 10:13:56 pm »

I don't understand about the cheap plot device part. I had a plan, and apparently it wouldn't have worked. guess I made some wrong assumptions from the fact that you have tons and tons of voices. and thus, I have no idea how to kill you. though eldrich abomination tends to be a pretty common plot device in these things.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3743 on: July 15, 2010, 10:17:04 pm »

Astra'ath is a race of beings, not a single mind. That is why it has many voices.

And they are all dedicated to wiping out any life that is not themselves.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: July 16, 2010, 03:24:44 am »

Ooh.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:59 am »

Aah.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: July 16, 2010, 06:27:38 am »

so you're the biological daleks? cool.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: July 16, 2010, 06:30:29 am »

Anyway, i just have to congratulate you on the nice magic system you invented for your RPG, forsaken. Seems very solid.  ;)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3748 on: July 16, 2010, 06:31:31 am »

Anyway, i just have to congratulate you on the nice magic system you invented for your RPG, forsaken. Seems very solid.  ;)
Thank you. It took about 3 hours to work out between myself and a friend of mine.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:55 am »

I still think that a new planet for those trials is a good idea. I will quickly create the basics, but i expect that some of you help later. *cough* Astra`ath and magic. *cough*
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 258