Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 128810 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #3720 on: July 15, 2010, 11:50:43 am »

Is the wiki working for you guys? It's down for me.

EDIT: Started working, nvm.
Seems its having some problems. I will look into it. It was down for me then came back up.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: July 15, 2010, 02:00:17 pm »

That`s how it works here. Someone starts a RTD or a game and eventually they leave. No problem, i think such behavior is pretty much accepted and expected here.

I think we might start it again eventually, we could even use the current universe. A persistent world sounds appealing.

Wouldn't be too hard to do.  If Caesar gives the go ahead, one of us could sacrifice our god (to prevent conflicts of interest) and take over as Xarn, following Caesar's plan.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind DMing an adventure using the Xtremely Xtremelined XD20 system (from the Xtreme Dungeon Master's Guide), set in the universe created.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: July 15, 2010, 02:12:03 pm »

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind DMing an adventure using the Xtremely Xtremelined XD20 system (from the Xtreme Dungeon Master's Guide), set in the universe created.
That would be extremely awesome.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: July 15, 2010, 02:50:49 pm »

Any game set in this universe would be extremely awesome to me.

I'd do one myself but seeing as the two last games I started died due to laziness...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: July 15, 2010, 02:52:44 pm »

Tough, before an adventure game could be started i think that we might new to invest a few acts more in this game. Like, the gods help each other to create the coolest world in the universe. Though, we might need a good in character reason to do so.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:07 pm »

Hey man we've got a portal network connecting all the worlds, we don't need no single world. Everybody's left the details of the worlds vague enough, so we can elaborate on that, right? (Unless the creator doesn't want it that way but hey you can't please everyone and we have the executioner for that)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:54 pm »

I have an idea for an rpg: Something like Discworld, where all heroes are chosen by some god or another, and can literally hear rolling dice during important events in their lives. The gods of Discworld are all very different, but they all still play the same game.

I think it would take a couple more turns to get everything properly set up though. The worlds need a few more well-defined dungeons.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:45 pm »

Hey man we've got a portal network connecting all the worlds, we don't need no single world. Everybody's left the details of the worlds vague enough, so we can elaborate on that, right? (Unless the creator doesn't want it that way but hey you can't please everyone and we have the executioner for that)

Sure, the portals are nice enough- But there`s no real reason for many adventurers to travel them. For example, what offers Incendium? Death. Aether? Interesting planet, sure, but you can`t neither find artifacts or even iron armor. Dragnars fortresses on the other hand.. We need dungeons like them.  I think i will move my lazy ass somewhen and create something again.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: July 15, 2010, 03:31:34 pm »

I was thinking something a little more creative.  In the RPG, we get to keep our God characters, but with limitations.  We get to intervene directly once per adventure, and after every adventure we get to make one act each to alter the worlds, ideally relating to the events of the adventure.  If I'm DMing, Destiny effectively is taken out of the game (to avoid conflicts), so my god doesn't get any acts, but I can award bonus Acts based on whether the goals of a specific God were advanced during the course of an adventure.

Edit:  Also, benefits for well-played ordinary characters, so there isn't too much of a draw to just play a follower of your own religion.

In a sense, it changes the play of the divine game so that mortals now have a significant effect on divine power.

What do we think of that for an RPG version?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: July 15, 2010, 03:36:05 pm »

So we would basically guide our mortal pawns? Now that`s innovative!  :D

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: July 15, 2010, 03:37:22 pm »

I like the sound of that.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: July 15, 2010, 04:04:53 pm »

Alright then.  Shall I draft something up?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:13 pm »

i wouldn't mind, though i am somewhat peeved that I can't finish my plans (can't even finish my species...  :'( ) since I can't do it any more, may I put up what one of them are for reactions?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: July 15, 2010, 04:35:45 pm »

Sure, go ahead.  Potentially I may be able to weave it into an adventure.

Also, this now means that I am renouncing Destiny's impact in the world.  Which is... unfortunate for Nemani.  He's just a mortal elf now.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: July 15, 2010, 05:13:10 pm »

Oh, Mania's going to have alot of fun, now. Heheh.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 258