Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 129030 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #3420 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:48 pm »

Awesome, an ocean world! Get some pirates there! Naval combat! Island nations! Cannibals! Yeeeaah!

Sorry to bother you again, Fortis, but this time you don't have to RP if you don't wanna. Hey, atleast I'm not killing anyone this time.
It's not my fault your planet is so full of life.

Also, I love the wiki. Even though it isn't very complete yet, I can still find lots of information there. For example, I didn't even know Aether was a ringworld, not a planet before I checked the article. >_>
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:58:56 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 24, 2010, 12:59:50 pm »

So... Forsaken... What did I have to do with this water planet?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3422 on: June 24, 2010, 01:02:10 pm »

So... Forsaken... What did I have to do with this water planet?

Why Dragnar, you suggested I make a farm. It just took Astra'ath a while to figure out how to implement it.

"I do have one suggestion though: if you were to leave more alive in your wake, you would not need to travel between universes so often. Travel between the planets, consuming what you need and then moving on, and life will grow back,possibly faster then you need to consume it."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: June 24, 2010, 03:09:21 pm »

I have this mental image of these elven sailors happily crewing some sort of gigantic leaf boat when they're suddenly attacked by a giant squid.  Only then the sea floor cracks open and an enormous tongue lashes out and swallows both the kraken and elven ship as Astra'ath takes a light snack.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 24, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »

Christ, I'm sorry I couldn't finish my post, I'll do it soon, I promise!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 24, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »

You know, Iituem, Gheronaton is a god of honor as well as war.

As soon as your enteprenuer invents modern banking, he's going to kill you all.  :P

Also, I'll have my post up soon-ish. I'd planned on making an antagonistic event occur on Aether, but now that the planet itself is a sentient weapon, it's impact may be dramatically reduced.

But hey, what the hell, I've spent half the day inventing a freakish nightmare abomination, I'm not letting that go to waste.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: June 24, 2010, 03:52:33 pm »

Schs, i should totally add trade to my spheres. The god of war, honor, disaster, and trade. Sounds like fun.  :P

At the moment Gheronaton is aware of some vowing on his name and stuff, but not really bothered by the trade. As long as every party keeps their promises..

Though, it`s exceedingly clever to choose the god of war and honor as the patron of a bank. The honor part implies that you can trust them, and the war part implies broken legs if you don`t pay.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: June 24, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »

Gheronaton: God of extortion.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: June 24, 2010, 03:57:49 pm »

Schs, i should totally add trade to my spheres. The god of war, honor, disaster, and trade. Sounds like fun.  :P

At the moment Gheronaton is aware of some vowing on his name and stuff, but not really bothered by the trade. As long as every party keeps their promises..

Though, it`s exceedingly clever to choose the god of war and honor as the patron of a bank. The honor part implies that you can trust them, and the war part implies broken legs if you don`t pay.

Well, yeah, but I was more alluding to how capitalism pretty much invariably ends up neck-deep in corruption.  :P

Now that he's got loans and accounting, physical and then fiat currency isn't far off.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: June 24, 2010, 04:01:59 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what to write. I mean, I know what I want to write, I just have no idea how to write it...

Pirates do fit along rather well with the cowboys I was planning to make... I mean, in terms of increasing the awesome level of the universe.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: June 24, 2010, 04:02:48 pm »

Yes, i know. Though i don`t know how much Gheronaton would care. I mean, yes corruption and stuff is bad and he might dislike it, but his main interest is war.

On incendium many tribes steal to survive, and why not? The strong steal from the weak. If a guy would get cheated and would run to Gheronaton and ask for his help, Gheronaton would probably hand him a blade and say: "Go. Kill him. If you can`t, maybe he was right."

/And Karne good idea! Now just create a world populated by mafiosos.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: June 24, 2010, 04:03:40 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what to write. I mean, I know what I want to write, I just have no idea how to write it...

Pirates do fit along rather well with the cowboys I was planning to make... I mean, in terms of increasing the awesome level of the universe.
PIRATE COWBOYS.
DO IT.
NOW.
THEIR BELT BUCKLES SHALL HAVE A SKULL AND CROSS-BONES.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: June 24, 2010, 04:03:52 pm »

Heh.  How far we get along -that- technology tree strongly depends upon how much more I can get away with this turn, considering I've expended virtually all my 'divine inspiration' (1 act) researching two brand new (linked) technologies.  If I can teach an existing tech from another race, I'll do that as well, but I don't think I have the power left to make that happen.  I'll need to see what Caesar's judgement on that is.

Also, given Gheronaton's viewpoint on honouring debts:  That's why Nemani is a trained soldier too.  ;D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: June 24, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »

Hehe, even if you don`t have acts left you could always take another route. Like, sending a emissary into dragnars library. Let others do your work.  :P

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: June 24, 2010, 04:09:54 pm »

The Fork! The Fork sings to Mania! Makes beautiful musics to Manias ears! The fork sings! The Fork has wings! Fly little Fork! Fly! Fly! A fly on the wall! Standing so tall! A Fork for thinking! A Fork for drinking! The Fork for Dragnar!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 258