Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 129289 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #825 on: May 12, 2010, 09:26:33 am »

Hehe, I didn't do anything... yet.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 12, 2010, 09:29:48 am »

Alright. I am writing up a semi-flavor post about both Poena (reacting on the shadow) and the beams of light striking Natus.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 12, 2010, 09:31:17 am »

YUSS
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #828 on: May 12, 2010, 09:32:27 am »

As for 'hasnt done anything' you're acting in league with the gods who have attacked Astra'ath unprovoked. That's enough.

That's not actually true, as neither of the attackers were in the Refuge meetings (correct me if I'm wrong), but even Astra'ath can't know everything, I guess.
True... Astra'ath hasn't attacked any gods yet. Its efforts have been focused entirely on the mortals of the universe. The only god who has interacted with it as an equal has been Dragnar. Everyone else has ignored it or attacked it.

It has good reason to assume you'll be hostile until proven otherwise.

I don't assume Astra'ath is omniscient, I play it as though it were only aware of what it can observe or what its followers know.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 12, 2010, 09:35:51 am »

I finished the extra flavour/situation update on the forest fire.

Do you want me to include Poena's RP as well or post this one first to give you something to do?
It may take a little while to think up Poena's actions.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 12, 2010, 09:36:44 am »

The damage is going to be pretty limited. It wasn't intended to destroy the planet or wipe out all life, just to terrify the population and link that terror to Astra'ath.

As for 'hasnt done anything' you're acting in league with the gods who have attacked Astra'ath unprovoked. That's enough.

Well I was talking with them, but you're really not helping your case!  :D

But in terms of gameplay I vote that we let Caesar take control of results from demi-gods and gods fighting one another. There has been a few such attacks now so I think we really need an official way of dealing with them. I think attack results should have to wait until he has a final say.

as an example:

laser god prepares to fire a death ray at other god.

instead of

laser god fires a death ray at other god causing massive damage and hurting him alot.

While other god would reply

Other god prepares to deflect the attack and shoot it back at laser god

instead of

Other god deflects the attack back at laser god causing massive damage and hurting him a lot.

This gives our GM the chance to determine the results of these attacks. Perhaps results will be unexpected for both sides. Perhaps he'll ask both sides to PM him with how many acts they're willing to spend on attack/defense. Does anyone else like this idea or do you guys prefer the way we're doing it now, where the players just RP the results themselves?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:20 am »

Do you want me to include Poena's RP as well or post this one first to give you something to do?

I can wait for Poena, larger RP posts are always nicer.

Ehh, Knave. Don't like the idea of spending acts on attack/defense, but even if that was dropped, don't like the idea of Caesar having to RP every fight we have.
I say we continue this way.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #832 on: May 12, 2010, 09:40:03 am »

The damage is going to be pretty limited. It wasn't intended to destroy the planet or wipe out all life, just to terrify the population and link that terror to Astra'ath.

Well I was talking with them, but you're really not helping your case!  :D

But in terms of gameplay I vote that we let Caesar take control of results from demi-gods and gods fighting one another. There has been a few such attacks now so I think we really need an official way of dealing with them. I think attack results should have to wait until he has a final say.

as an example:

laser god prepares to fire a death ray at other god.

instead of

laser god fires a death ray at other god causing massive damage and hurting him alot.

While other god would reply

Other god prepares to deflect the attack and shoot it back at laser god

instead of

Other god deflects the attack back at laser god causing massive damage and hurting him a lot.

This gives our GM the chance to determine the results of these attacks. Perhaps results will be unexpected for both sides. Perhaps he'll ask both sides to PM him with how many acts they're willing to spend on attack/defense. Does anyone else like this idea or do you guys prefer the way we're doing it now, where the players just RP the results themselves?

I think that's fine, though I maintain that demigods shouldn't be able to truly harm a god unless they have some divine power (acts) behind the attack.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 12, 2010, 09:40:29 am »

Hmm, take your time. BETTER RP MAKES ME HAPPY BOY
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:10 am »

No, you indeed do RP attacks, and I'll post the outcome of anything not directly related to them.

I may also give you permission to write the result out yourself, (like with Alex's attack) but even in that case it's not in all cases true.

Basically; If you both think a battle will end in a tie, you can just RP it like you're doing now. You've probably learned from experience that I don't get angry very quickly.

Also: Now working on Poena. (Don't expect too much.)
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 12, 2010, 09:44:07 am »

Okay, I meant it more as a way to control just the results, not the actual RP during the battle.

But sounds good to me :)

EDIT: I'll throw up a post once Caesar is posted so Natus knows how to react to the situation on his planet.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:46:49 am by Knave »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 12, 2010, 09:47:51 am »

A bit tangential to the discussion, but could multiple gods spend acts on a single action? I'm thinking of the various stories in which gods work together to create even more powerful artifacts. ex: the sword in Adventurers that can kill even gods in one blow.(Though that would be a bit boring, so no making that)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #837 on: May 12, 2010, 09:50:23 am »

I think I'll wait a while and see what happens before I do much else.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 12, 2010, 09:50:31 am »

A bit tangential to the discussion, but could multiple gods spend acts on a single action? I'm thinking of the various stories in which gods work together to create even more powerful artifacts. ex: the sword in Adventurers that can kill even gods in one blow.(Though that would be a bit boring, so no making that)
They could, yes.

A God could help another one with an act that they're performing.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 12, 2010, 09:51:45 am »

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 258