Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 128874 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #3585 on: July 01, 2010, 07:57:15 pm »

Ah, forgot about that part. One of the problems with having a thread like this: there's over eight hundred posts, and it's easy for some things to be missed.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: July 01, 2010, 07:58:55 pm »

I am a bit confused how Frandor even got there, as he obviously came with malicious intent.

There is a reason the gaunts came, and why they were acting mostly civil.

Well, there's a bit of gray area here; does it protect against anything harboring malicious intent towards anything, or just against the planet and it's inhabitants? While I would assume the former by default, it could easily be either.

Also, it implies that it impedes physical motion towards the planet by warping space/time; Frandor just teleported in.

@ninja post: This is what the wiki's for.  :P

Or going back and researching posts for everything relevant, which is part of what takes me so long to post (I'd totally forgotten about the plants around Natus' tower, for instance)
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3587 on: July 01, 2010, 08:01:54 pm »

From what I recall, it was said that it blocks things 'with malicious intent'. Unless the barrier is intelligent and can somehow decide that some malicious intent is ok and others are not... I don't see how it could make that determination.

Can it read a god's mind well enough to know he only intends to perform a cowardly sneak attack on helpless ethereal beings who have been taken in by Luna, and decide that is ok?

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: July 01, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »

From what I recall, it was said that it blocks things 'with malicious intent'. Unless the barrier is intelligent and can somehow decide that some malicious intent is ok and others are not... I don't see how it could make that determination.

This is why we'd need clarification, and why I said I'd assume the former option by default.  :P

Can it read a god's mind well enough to know he only intends to perform a cowardly sneak attack on helpless ethereal beings who have been taken in by Luna, and decide that is ok?

Actually, from what I'd gathered from Fortis' post at the time, the Gaunts still inhabiting Aether were a minority group who had/would forsake Astra'ath in order to remain (which is why they did). Then again, I can easily hand wave that by saying Astra'ath mind-controlled them in order to deliver his message, which would've been trivial, since they're his creations.

On the other hand, while Frandor seems to be the pantheon god closest to having omniscience, he mentioned earlier that he can't observe everything at once, so Luna adopting the Gaunts might have missed him (Needs verification; haven't checked Frandor's readout for that period). Either way, he's also the god most openly hostile towards Astra'ath, so he would've stepped in when he sensed his influence on them.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3589 on: July 01, 2010, 08:12:39 pm »

I was just trying to make Frandor look bad. :P

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: July 01, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »

I was just trying to make Frandor look bad. :P

But of course.  :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:53 pm »

Well, that ought to annoy a few gods...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3592 on: July 01, 2010, 08:53:20 pm »

Just for that, I'm turning the traps back on the instant he steps foot inside the fortress. :)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: July 01, 2010, 08:59:13 pm »

Not unless you want one less neutral god! I said I would only remain neutral until someone on either side attacked any of my creations, and the fortresses count. (That's also why I was so mad over Aerie's death. It's annoying my character that he doesn't know who to blame.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3594 on: July 01, 2010, 09:00:21 pm »

Turning on the traps for a mortal is hardly an attack.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: July 01, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »

well, it could be counted as one for the reason that he indirectly put him under his protection, and thus anything that causes damage could constitute an attack.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3596 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:44 pm »

Okay ok, I'll leave the silly mortal alone.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: July 02, 2010, 02:21:53 am »

Woah, a lot of stuff happening.

I imagine the Muse has been standing outside the temple all this time, sensing all the godly energies and thinking 'what the fuck is going on in there?'
I did leave her there just for this purpose.
Actually I decided she was inside the walls all this, spying on the meeting. I'm sure you folks noticed her, but nobody cared.

EDIT: Also, goddamn Nemani has balls.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:25:21 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: July 02, 2010, 07:26:06 am »

Murdering guests at supper? This will not do. I think.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: July 02, 2010, 04:37:06 pm »

Of course, no battle can happen without Xarn/Caesar running it (unless Gheronaton just spends an act to wipe us out, I daresay - which would work), but all I'm hoping is that enough of the mortal actions I set up this turn pass their success/failure rolls to give Steol sufficient force multipliers to resist their subjugated minions - because they sure as Ss'Vadgrin won't have the advantage in numbers!

This was pretty much always going to end in war, wasn't it?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 258