Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 129110 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #3270 on: June 20, 2010, 01:45:58 pm »

Well, that very nearly made my day.  ^_^
And all this will happen next turn. Oh yes.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 20, 2010, 02:04:23 pm »

and suddenly we will find out that astra'ath is in reality not a universe consuming monster but an amorphous pirate fan blob gathering the matter of every single universe he encounters to finally build his giant Pirate-Planet-Paradise-Ship-thing....

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3272 on: June 20, 2010, 02:07:25 pm »

and suddenly we will find out that astra'ath is in reality not a universe consuming monster but an amorphous pirate fan blob gathering the matter of every single universe he encounters to finally build his giant Pirate-Planet-Paradise-Ship-thing....
Nah, but I did promise to rebuild the nameless world which I destroyed. I never said I would rebuild it exactly the same.

Also how much fun would it be for some brave adventurers to finally work up the courage to journey out to the EYE OF TERROR and land upon its surface, only to find a world-spanning ocean with no land infested by orc pirates, dwarven vigilantes, elven nobility and human vagabonds?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 20, 2010, 02:23:23 pm »

Nah, but I did promise to rebuild the nameless world which I destroyed. I never said I would rebuild it exactly the same.

Also how much fun would it be for some brave adventurers to finally work up the courage to journey out to the EYE OF TERROR and land upon its surface, only to find a world-spanning ocean with no land infested by orc pirates, dwarven vigilantes, elven nobility and human vagabonds?

This is sounding suspiciously like Waterworld, a movie which against the popular opinion of many I actually rather enjoyed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3274 on: June 20, 2010, 02:32:14 pm »

This is sounding suspiciously like Waterworld, a movie which against the popular opinion of many I actually rather enjoyed.
I, too, enjoyed water world quite a lot.

And as I have said before, I generally take my inspiration from several sources then mix heavily while adding my own ingredients.

Imagine water world, if you will, but with noble elven societies somewhat similar to Great Britain at the height of its naval dominance, dwarves in place of the 'smokers' with steampunk technology, humans pretty much as they were depicted in the movie, and orcs as the reavers from Serenity.

Elves reside on chains of living islands, masses of plant material anchored to the ocean floor by root tendrils and crew large fancy sailing vessels. Dwarves, in ships resembling the Ironclads and in ridiculously complicated undersea habitats which are made buoyant by vast bladders filled with whale oil (also their principle fuel source). Orcs using whatever they can steal or force their goblin slaves to build, and humans living on 'atolls' constructed from random debris and detritus in paranoid antisocial communities.

And then throw in magic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3275 on: June 20, 2010, 02:33:48 pm »

I should also mention, for ego's sake, that I made all of that up JUST NOW.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: June 20, 2010, 02:42:28 pm »

Good gods, that'll take a lot of acts to push through.  >.<

Especially considering the level of act debt you are likely to be in considering the number of epic-scale things you did this turn (i.e. universal genocide, creating a contained black hole).

Can't wait for the turn summary to see how this all comes out.  XD
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3277 on: June 20, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »

Good gods, that'll take a lot of acts to push through.  >.<

Especially considering the level of act debt you are likely to be in considering the number of epic-scale things you did this turn (i.e. universal genocide, creating a contained black hole).

Can't wait for the turn summary to see how this all comes out.  XD
Astra'ath is pretty unpredictable.

Thought I doubt I will be in debt. I asked Caesar before making the Eye how many acts I had left and he said at least one, possibly two.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 20, 2010, 03:19:34 pm »

Might I add that the water world you just made up sounds awesome. Wouldn't expect something like that from Astra'ath though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3279 on: June 20, 2010, 03:23:08 pm »

Might I add that the water world you just made up sounds awesome. Wouldn't expect something like that from Astra'ath though.
You wouldn't?

Consider how reluctant the others were to attack an inhabited planet.

As far as Astra'ath is concerned, your love for mortals is a weakness to exploit. You wouldn't harm all these lovely innocents to get at It would you?

Its just one more barrier between It and Its foes.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 20, 2010, 03:28:25 pm »

Well, now that you put it that way...

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 20, 2010, 05:49:18 pm »

I'm sorry that I couldn't update yesterday (which is sunday, it's just past midnight here), due to my lil' brother's birthday party. He'd go lasergaming with his friends, but a lot couldn't come. I had to join 'em to fill up the empty reservations.

We obliterated those that opposed us.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3282 on: June 20, 2010, 05:52:33 pm »

I'm sorry that I couldn't update yesterday (which is sunday, it's just past midnight here), due to my lil' brother's birthday party. He'd go lasergaming with his friends, but a lot couldn't come. I had to join 'em to fill up the empty reservations.

We obliterated those that opposed us.
Wait, did you fill more than one reservation?

I did that once, and had like 3 guns/vests.

It was epic. I was like the end boss, they had to hit all 3 vests to bring me down because I'd just switch guns and KEEP SHOOTING.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 20, 2010, 05:59:30 pm »

My youngest brother had to join as well, and there were (without me) two slots left.

I assumed I filled 'em both. It was in some forest.
Really, I love the canopy. I've got eyes like an eagle (I actually wear glasses, but I take note of the slightest of movement), I'm sneaky, and I know how to blend in with the environment. Combine that with the facts that I can sprint quite hard and aim/shoot your head within a second (even while walking) and I sure filled those two slots.

(There were only sensors on your h(ead/at), but if you shot from a distance, even if aiming at the body, you would hit anyways.
I, of course, aimed for heads only.

I'd sure like to face you some time. Maybe I could indeed beat the end-boss, just like the stereotypical sci-fi bio-hazard genre marine.

Edit: It was very frustrating that if you got hit, you could not fire (or be hit) for two seconds, and that you've got to be hit ten times to die.
This way my headshots were just as lethal as their wildfire torso-hits.
EditEdit: I'm off to sleep now, everybody. Probably don't have a lot to do after school, so I'll have to postpone the update until then.

G'Night.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:01:32 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3284 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:08 pm »

Laser tag really isn't fair if the sensors aren't calibrated. You can get people behind cover by shooting something near their sensor and it picking up the reflected light.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 258