Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 128930 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:03 pm »

What if i run the Peaceful [Bleeping noise] Through?
Luna I mean.

(P.S. I'm not actually planning on killing Luna, just hating her guts.)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:43 pm »

One way to seriously cripple a God would be to make sure no more mortals believe in him/her. Eventually, they might lose their ability to gain acts at all.

The opposite will eventually also be true: Gods that get more acts because of an immense amount of followers.

The Gods would first have to declare their dependency on belief, though, and this choice might only be offered later on.

Demigods could also fight Gods, and, if sufficiently strong enough, even kill them. Their chances of winning aren't too great, though, especially not if a God uses their acts to directly hamper them.

Yet another way would be to find a certain weakness to the God. Those too aren't in the game yet..

I guess that the further we advance, the more options will become available, but it will be very hard to kill a God!

And don't forget what happened to Elan! Perhaps you could drive a God to perform such crazy acts that they'll deplete their strength.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:54:44 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2010, 01:04:19 pm »

So, just to get this right:

At some point, a god can declare their dependancy on followers.

This dependancy links the abilities of a god to its followers' faith. If it is not recieving much worship, its powers are diminished. If it recieves lots, its powers are strengthened.

What would stop a god using all its acts to create more followers, get more acts, create more followers, etc?

Similarly, what would happen to a god that has no followers? would it still have some powers?

We gave information about the physical incarnation of the god, will that be used in some way?

You stated that demigods can fight gods - what about god-on-god combat?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »

So, just to get this right:

At some point, a god can declare their dependancy on followers.

This dependancy links the abilities of a god to its followers' faith. If it is not recieving much worship, its powers are diminished. If it recieves lots, its powers are strengthened.

What would stop a god using all its acts to create more followers, get more acts, create more followers, etc?

Similarly, what would happen to a god that has no followers? would it still have some powers?

We gave information about the physical incarnation of the god, will that be used in some way?

You stated that demigods can fight gods - what about god-on-god combat?

Let's just say that I've already got the follower-creation-ad-infinitum covered, and that it will absolutely be unrewarding.

A dependant god without followers will eventually lose all powers, and rely mostly on the efforts of the other Gods to regain their strength.

The physical incarnation of a God would be one of the ways to fight another God (or demigod).
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2010, 01:10:57 pm »

I can think of other funny ways, i think. For example would it be possible to make a god unable to use any acts, while they stored up? ^^

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 05, 2010, 01:15:32 pm »

Demigods vs Gods really sounds interesting... I can see how creating a lot of demigods could be quite dangerous as well.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 05, 2010, 01:16:15 pm »

I lock Geronoton in a box and he goes boom?

That actually sounds pretty cool...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2010, 01:28:21 pm »

I can think of other funny ways, i think. For example would it be possible to make a god unable to use any acts, while they stored up? ^^

You couldn't make them unable to use any acts.

But there would be other ways to help them reach a lot of acts. Figure something out yourself.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »

Demigods vs Gods really sounds interesting... I can see how creating a lot of demigods could be quite dangerous as well.

Remember that I can assume control of free willed Demigods, and that they might have differing opinions of their Godly parents.

I lock Geronoton in a box and he goes boom?

That actually sounds pretty cool...

You can't really contain a God, now can you? Keeping them out of somewhere is another thing, though.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:56 pm »

So, you can't prevent a god from using acts, but you could do the opposite. Ruin their creations, attack their homes and kill their children until they are forced to use up more acts fixing things than you need to destroy them. Eventually they would go negative and die.

Also, wow. That is a much more impressive description of the sword than I could have come up with. Nice.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2010, 02:54:49 pm »

So, you can't prevent a god from using acts, but you could do the opposite. Ruin their creations, attack their homes and kill their children until they are forced to use up more acts fixing things than you need to destroy them. Eventually they would go negative and die.

Also, wow. That is a much more impressive description of the sword than I could have come up with. Nice.

I liked the description as well, but I forgot to post it.

Anyways, yes. The White Curse was a curious example. If you really do not like another God, try to corrupt their favorite creations and watch how they react. Natus, for example, had to spend quite a lot of acts to 'repair' planet Natus. Coradin, on the other side, has had his Guardians wiped out, and had to get rid of the Fallen Guardians.

Those are examples of how you can damage the other Gods.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2010, 02:59:43 pm »

Anyways, yes. The White Curse was a curious example. If you really do not like another God, try to corrupt their favorite creations and watch how they react. Natus, for example, had to spend quite a lot of acts to 'repair' planet Natus. Coradin, on the other side, has had his Guardians wiped out, and had to get rid of the Fallen Guardians.

Those are examples of how you can damage the other Gods.

Shhhhhh don't tell them that!  :-\

*paranoid blabber* They're out to get me! And my trees!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:02:11 pm by Knave »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2010, 03:02:37 pm »

Hehe.. Don't worry, there's quite a lot of stuff going to happen in due time for others to worry about.

Hell- I might even go write a few posts before this turn ends.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2010, 04:00:29 pm »

Thanks Guys!
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 05, 2010, 05:34:48 pm »

I was thinking that if someone wanted to 'change' gods, they'd just have a mortal go on a quest to kill them, then ascend to godhood in their place.

Also: pay attention to the further ramifications of 'fuck-you-X-god' acts- the White Curse was the catalyst for our current shortage of souls.

Also Also: WHEEEEE, I have no creations that I can be harmed through! The only real way to hurt me is to kill a whole crapton o' sentient creatures of any race.

Dammit, now y'all know my weakness.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 258