Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Woman of SCIENCE!  (Read 61297 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of SCIENCE!
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2010, 04:33:27 pm »

tbh i think we'd be better off to make something to steal from the junkyard for us.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »

Why don't we do Armok's virtual environment idea theN? Then we can perfect the type of robot we need to help us loot the junk yard.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:09 pm »

...Annd theres a new robot idea

*holder-bot*

4 wheels
1 RC motor
1 sheet metal (for platform)

We can simply make a simple robot that has a metal top that can hold things for us without having to make arms. Its just a simple moving platform. how's that?

*Edit* Maybe when we are home we should search for bags to help with getting more parts
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:55:59 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2010, 04:56:23 pm »

*holder-bot*

4 wheels
1 RC motor

We can simply make a simple robot that has a metal top that can hold things for us without having to make arms. Its just a simple moving platform. how's that?

*Edit* Maybe when we are home we should search for bags to help with getting more parts

I like it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2010, 05:13:58 pm »

*holder-bot*

4 wheels
1 RC motor

I like it.
Basic yet efficient. All budding Mad Robot Makers need a Robot that brings them parts and shit. And don't forget about Coffee...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2010, 05:59:48 pm »

I think we should now program that simulation Armok wanted, then use it to make sure we have maximized it's carrying capacity. At this point it's important we use our parts efficiently.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2010, 06:56:56 pm »

Consider Robot Plan:
Toy Car: The Acrobat
Parts:
RC Motor x2
Small Wheels x8
Circuit Board x1
Circuitry x1
Various Wires x?
Solder x?
Screws and Nails x?
Duck Tape x?
The idea is an acrobatic toy robot. It has four wheels, and another four on top, and two motors to do tricks. It's not very complex, but the point is for it to be amusing so we can sell it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »

Ahhh but cheddarius we do need parts more than money at this point in the game.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2010, 07:08:38 pm »

So we buy parts.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2010, 07:14:48 pm »

Well if somehow we manage to find a way to invent and gain money without using some of the more vital ones to us (wheels, motors, ect) then I'd be happy for that to happen but for now let us use those parts to make robots to get more parts. 

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2010, 07:16:47 pm »

so my recent post, along with my shift button, has apparently gone missing. as such, the update must be postponed until tomorrow. i apologize and will be doing my best to find the culprit responsible and then rewrite the post.

it was a very nice post, too   :(

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2010, 07:19:44 pm »

so my recent post, along with my shift button, has apparently gone missing. as such, the update must be postponed until tomorrow. i apologize and will be doing my best to find the culprit responsible and then rewrite the post.

it was a very nice post, too   :(

Write your updates before-hand in notepad or something.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »

I just thought of another use for Cheddarious's bot. It should be quite maneuverable, so just add some blinking lights to make it more noticeable and it would be a good distraction to get guards off our tail while we scavenge. It would probably work with only four wheels though, they just have to be positioned correctly. I've seen several robots on the old show battlebots that could move upside-down with only four wheels, so it should be trivial for any true person of SCIENCE.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2010, 08:20:36 pm »

Well if somehow we manage to find a way to invent and gain money without using some of the more vital ones to us (wheels, motors, ect) then I'd be happy for that to happen but for now let us use those parts to make robots to get more parts. 
Huh? Do you mean that we should make robots without wheels or motors? Why? Couldn't we just make a robot, sell it, then buy back the parts plus more (depending on our profit margins)?

I'm hoping 8 wheels will make it even more better.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2010, 06:34:23 am »

Huh? Do you mean that we should make robots without wheels or motors? Why? Couldn't we just make a robot, sell it, then buy back the parts plus more (depending on our profit margins)?

I'm hoping 8 wheels will make it even more better.
Well im not saying that we should make robots without wheels or motors. I'm just saying that it is going to be hard to sell a robot that really doesn't do that much other than tricks when nobody has heard of us.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45