Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45

Author Topic: Woman of SCIENCE!  (Read 61261 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of SCIENCE!
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2010, 11:54:50 pm »

I think we already have programming tools.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2010, 11:59:17 pm »

Hmmm... then we must make a 'Dumb' AI, ala the AI of New Mombassa from ODST. we could then sell it to the city, and get many monies.

Said AI will be in charge of running the city, organizing traffic, rerouting emergency service dudes, etc. All the while, it will be clandestinely gathering private information, earning monies, etc.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2010, 12:06:12 am »

That's a little ambitious, don't you think? Even if we could (and I highly doubt it; all we have proven we can do so far is to program a robot that can barely not bump into things), there's no way the city would spring for it. I mean, if you were on a city council, and some person that nobody's ever heard of tries to sell you an AI, are you just going to go for it? It could have a time-release that destroys the city, for all you know.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2010, 12:08:20 am »

Then we'd have to prove it's usefullness. maybe sell minor programs (ones that streamline traffic or make life easier for the people run the city in some way), earning their trust and then giving them the Dumb A.I.

Yeah, I think we should start with simpler things...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2010, 12:18:04 am »

You are currently level 3, which puts you about on par with decent real life programmers as far as abilities. The difference is that you work much faster, as you make far fewer mistakes and have that spark of intuition about what to do next. You also learn faster.

In the area of Killbotics, you are equivalent to a very good human programmer.

General purpose AIs are not, however, your specialty.

Also, New Tracker added to first post, for easy navigation between previous Actions and Info panels.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2010, 12:23:00 am »

Goddamnit. Alright, let's make some monies. Go to some random game site, and say that we'll work with someone, maybe the game's artist. We'll have to pull out all the stops, make it awesome, maybe make it the site's main attraction...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2010, 12:26:00 am »

Ah, games - yet another thing that you'd do much better at with a couple levels of psychology. Unfortunately, you don't have any right now. You could make a game that is technically proficient, sure, but you've got no idea how to make people like it, and certainly no how to use it to turn them into your mindless slaves, using it to implant commands directly into their heads.

But yeah, you could make a game. At the very least you might get some psych and programming out of it.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2010, 12:27:39 am »

Make a simple pixel game, something like Canabalt, but more code-heavy, to flex our programming muscles, so to speak.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2010, 12:29:02 am »

Yeah, do that. Find someone with a great idea, and just do the tech for them for a nominal fee and royalties.

Also,
Investigate selling the robot
Investigate part prices
Investigate food prices, esp. ramen and mac  & cheese
Agreed. Heavily discounted, non-moldy plant matter should on the list too, for avoidance of scurvy.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2010, 01:27:18 am »

Dude we can't keep restrained by some already designed programming language, We need to write our OWN!  R0S3++

but no code can compare with binary!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2010, 06:58:09 am »

bump
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2010, 07:38:29 am »

Program your own, robotics-optemized barebones OS. ( + system preformance, imune to of-the-shelf malware, can't run most software (but you can just make it dual boot, so it shuldnt be that big a problem) )
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2010, 07:59:44 am »

Yeah, do that. Find someone with a great idea, and just do the tech for them for a nominal fee and royalties.

Also,
Investigate part prices
Agreed. Heavily discounted, non-moldy plant matter should on the list too, for avoidance of scurvy.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 04, 2010, 09:15:52 am »

Also,
Investigate part prices
Agreed
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:34 am »

Also,
Investigate part prices
Agreed
Agreed.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45