Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: Woman of SCIENCE!  (Read 61268 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of SCIENCE!
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2010, 12:09:44 am »

Hint #1
Just as a note, the bot currently runs on a small rechargeable battery that came with the RC motors. Unfortunately, this doesn't have a lot of power and is a big part of the limiting factor for the robot. It might not be able to make a trip to the junkyard in back.

Also, note that you are living in someones basement. They are currently away. They have both a house, and a garage. Surely they wouldn't mind sharing their food with family, and letting you "borrow" a couple things - as long as you returned them, of course.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2010, 12:11:00 am »

We can make another beetle.
The junkyard is risky. I'm for making an autonomous robot and sending it there.
I think Safeway is open 24 hours? Walmart, too, probably, they have parts.

If we cannot do these things, I would rather go to sleep (we are a bit tired) than risk the junkyard.

In addition to other things, check fridge for food and garage for parts

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2010, 12:11:17 am »

Hey, do they have a decent computer and intarnets?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2010, 12:31:50 am »

They have both a house, and a garage. Surely they wouldn't mind sharing their food with family, and letting you "borrow" a couple things - as long as you returned them, of course.
This has good implications. We don't need to hit up the supermarket right away, because it sounds like they left us with a stocked fridge - we likely will need to go out on a food run before too long, of course, but let's eat anything fresh first.

Hey, do they have a decent computer and intarnets?
This is relevant to our interests.

In addition to other things, check ... garage for parts
Sounds like a good enough idea, just make sure to keep track of what's been borrowed - if the owner finds out we sold off her junk...
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2010, 12:36:43 am »

Plus selling off your sisters stuff would hurt your pride. You're better than that, after all.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2010, 12:43:55 am »

Ah, but we're MAD SCIENTISTS! Nothing short of WORLD DOMINATION and getting DF 1.0 will sate our powerlust!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:24 am »

Our relatives will be delighted to have their possessions turned into KILLBOTICS.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2010, 12:45:50 am »

I reckon the best bet right now would be to spend time on refining the model after grabbing a quick drink and snack that will sate the hunger. Just go over the schematics and its construction to check for any bugs and or flaws that can be improved and ironed out. Double check its AI coding, even the best make simple mistakes...

Simply. After every creation its best to make sure it works 100%, if not 150%. A Good Scientist knows that it works...

After that, Google all the Info on everything you can on area of expertise, perhaps even start working on a Website to market your 'Sale' inventions. Cause a MAD Scientist needs some sort of Income and 'Front' for their works...

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Urist McMalaclypse

• Bay Watcher
  • Physician of Philosophy
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2010, 12:50:48 am »

Ah, but we're MAD SCIENTISTS! Nothing short of WORLD DOMINATION and getting DF 1.0 will sate our powerlust!
True, but if someone our cousin/sister/whoever knows drops by and tells her we're selling her stuff off, we'll prolly get kicked out of the house, and it's damn hard achieving WORLD DOMINATION from a vomit-strewn alley.
After a long time of fleeing unsuccessfully, she did what any cornered dwarf would do:  she sucker punched her own baby and then kept running.
Good god man, cats training cats? That's like how every robot apocalypse starts. But with cats.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2010, 12:52:38 am »

Simply. After every creation its best to make sure it works 100%, if not 150%.
I really, really hate this expression. It implies that it is working more than is physically possible. And if it is, then it can't be, because the limits of the possible are now different.

We should take her stuff and make it into robots, then buy new stuff later and use the guise of "improving" her house.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2010, 01:10:49 am »

I've always taken it to mean, 100% is expected results, but its possible to get higher. For example, overclocking a computer chip. Theres a factor set maximum speed, but you CAN get it to go higher. Also, my boss's segway definitely gave 150% once that speed lock was disabled... heh...

It still is kind of dumb, but I can see where it comes from, I think.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2010, 01:22:17 am »

Yeah. It just... chafes a little, that's all.
Also is my investigate action coming up sometime, considering how many votes it got?

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2010, 01:55:24 am »

Investigate selling the robot
Investigate part prices
Investigate food prices, esp. ramen and mac  & cheese

I don't really know about selling the robot. Number one, it is eleven at night.
Number 2, it is made of scrap. Cute though it is, I doubt it would fetch a particularly high price, considering how many parts we put into it.
Number 3, I think it would be more helpful as a lab assistant for now, as well as a testbed for future mods.
Number 4, I kinda like the little thing.

I can see investigating what we can get for it,
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2010, 02:01:33 am »

I'm not saying we should sell the robot, just look into it. No harm done, right?
It may be scrap, but that just means we can build an even better one when we sell it - and if it's made of scrap, why are we using it instead of a higher quality one we can make with better parts that we buy later?

4 is legitimate, but sadly I do not agree.

It seems like you were going to say something but your post was cut off.. what happened?

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2010, 02:28:21 am »

I put a comma instead of a period...

Imma GENIUS!
*twitch* *twitch*
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45