Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Woman of SCIENCE!  (Read 61314 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woman of SCIENCE!
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2010, 10:52:37 am »

Okay, I've got no desire to sift through those pages of shit, so

SUGGESTION RESET

Sometimes I wish I had mod powers to clean my threads up. Bleh. And shame on all of you who participated.

In other nose, your name is now officially Rose Donlan, because As nice a name as Katerina is there is no reason to rip off Gunnerkrig THAT explicitly. Of course, now I'll think of Dr.Who everytime I see the name (Rose AND Dr. Donlan which sounds vaguely like Dr. Donna?)

When we last left off, you were deciding what to do after reading the Invitation...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:07 am »

Suggestion Guildelines
To nominate a suggestion... just make it.

To second a suggestion, put it in quotes and then follow it with "seconded" on its own line. This will make it easier for me to keep track of this stuff, please. I'll still recognize it if you dont follow that format, but I will also hate you.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2010, 10:58:23 am »

Head to the nearest junkyard. We must have more scrap!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2010, 11:04:22 am »

Venture forth and perform reconnaissance, assuming we don't already know the area.

We need more materials, because an underground Evil Mad Scientist competition isn't going to be won with Anklebiters.

At some point, we should also set up a home aluminum foundry (assuming we have a backyard to work with, or the basement is really well ventilated) and recycle soda cans/miscellaneous junk for resources, since cast aluminum is fairly durable and easy to work with, and meltable junk isn't hard to come by.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:06:27 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:25 am »

>read books

>look for abandoned properties

>design killbot

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:10 am »

> Program a simulator so we can design and test out how things will preform, and make programming for them, BEFORE spending time effort and materials on building it and then testing it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2010, 11:41:39 am »

Go to a junkyard looking for cars that we could salvage electronics from. I personally think that we should upgrade our notebook/laptop so then we can do SCIENCE!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2010, 01:45:23 pm »

all of the above
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »

Head to the nearest junkyard. We must have more scrap!
this sound good
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2010, 02:26:19 pm »

Action 8
You put down the letter, deciding to respond to it later, if it all. After all, such petty conflict should be beneath you. It might provide a good opportunity to socialize with your peers, however, and while you are supremely confidant in your superiority to each and every one of them, they might need a little reminder.

You walk over and begin looking through all of your materials. Hmm... hmmmmmm.... Some decent stuff, but there's just not enough of it. Not for what you have planned. You look at the clock... 2pm, huh? Well, might as well check out the local junkyard, you suppose. You take off your lab coat and gloves so as to remain incognito on your little reconnaissance mission. You head upstairs, put out the food for your Cousin's cat, and then head outside, your notebook in your satchel along with your lab clothing (in case of an emergency). Hopping in at the corner coffee store, you pull up directions to the scrapyard and head off.

The scrapyard is a bit of a walk downtown. An hour or so later, you stand in front of it. A metal barbed wire fence surrounds the place. Off to one side, you see a couple warehouses. That's probably where the good stuff is kept. The main area is full of junked cars and random broken down machinery. It's like a dream come true. There's a front office building, probably where those who come to buy scrap stop to meet with whoever is in charge. Unfortunately, you still don't have any money. There is also a side gate where they bring in most of the junk. The gate is closed, and there is a guard shack on the other side.
Furthest down of all is the aforementioned warehouses. They have doors, and would probably grant access to the junkyard (in addition to whatever is available inside), but it might also be better secured than the general yard area.

New Location Added: Cousin Caroline's Basement
New Location Added: Coffee Shop
New Location Added: Scrapyard
New Location Added: Scrapyard Warehouses
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:43:27 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2010, 02:40:18 pm »

Info 7
Locations
As you explore the city, you will learn of the location of various useful places. These places can easily be accessed in the future, and are colour coded for primary purpose.

Blue Locations represent owned locations, especially workshops. In blue areas, you have a much better chance of conducting your work undisturbed and unnoticed. Some blue areas will allow you to do things others will not. Your first blue location is Cousin Carolines. There is not a lot of space here, and you need to have someplace else to live and work within three months, but it meets your needs - for the moment, anyway.

Green Locations represent service locations, places that are good for gathering information or interacting socially with others, depending on the location. They also provide services. For example, the Coffee Shop allows free internet access, and sells food and coffee. It is a good place to hear local gossip as well.

Red Locations represent sources of raw materials. These are important to many projects, but most are not just going to GIVE you the materials. You must either purchase them, or find a way to get by security. For example,  the Scrapyard provides a source of metals, wiring, engine components, and basic electronics.

Finally, locations without a colour represent places that are generally unimportant, but to which your character may have some specific reason to travel.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:42:37 pm by GlyphGryph »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2010, 02:41:48 pm »

Find a place far from any of the entrances, away from the guards, and saw your way through the fence.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:26 pm »

Find a place far from any of the entrances, away from the guards, and saw your way through the fence.

I second this.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2010, 02:55:24 pm »

I agree wih the above statement
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2010, 03:18:27 pm »

I agree with it too
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45