Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most memeriable experiences  (Read 1184 times)

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most memeriable experiences
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:10:43 pm »

Just as the topic says, most memerable experiences. for me, my greatest experience/achievement was Killing a tigerman ( no caves breached, above ground sppAwn) and causing it brain damage. the military ran after a tiger while the other half of the military killed the new tigermen coming from the side of the map, both got killed due to the split. i did not save this because my friend pull the my jump stick / flash drive out of the school computer cause he didn't know what the fuck it was. i bet a goblin siege will top this hands down, but due to only few steel weapons created and minimal armour =D the tiger died too afterwards due to a random miner being attacked and hitting it causing brain damage >=D revence shot.

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
Re: Most memeriable experiences
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:38:08 pm »

The first time i pulled my "everything will burn" lever (artifact platinum lever, oh yes) and flooded half the planet with magma lava......hello gobby's, heres your welcoming gift :D

also, you never forget your first megaproject.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:41:58 pm by LoneJedi7 »
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »

My most memorable experience so far was when a megabeast showed up immediately after a frantic goblin ambush.  One of my swordsmen was left behind and got jumped. I scrambled the military again and after waiting several tense seconds, they finally got their act together and rushed to the rescue.  They surrounded the beast, but refused to attack.  I couldn't find my swordsman, and feared the worst.  Amazingly, I found him still alive in the "U" menu and zoomed in.  He was back at the fortress gates!  Whuh?  I looked through the combat text and discovered he had already killed the thing and the rest of the soldiers were surrounding a dead body!  My swordsman had dodged the monster's opening charge, causing the beast to fall.  The swordsman then got lucky and stabbed it in the head, killing it with a single strike!

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:43:48 pm »

Obviously forgotten beast with deadly vapor.
It was killed easily, with no losses. I happily forgot about it, but soon noticed numerous injured cats and dogs around, and then some dorfs started dying from suffocation.
But it was too late to do anything - they tracked the goo all around the fort. And tried to wash it off in dining and hospital wells, so whole dining room and hospital turned into sea of paralyzing goo. Most funny, it killed only one or two dorfs, who somehow got the vapor on their upper body and got their lungs paralyzed.
Rest of fort had goo only on their feet, so they got immobilized one by one.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:15 pm »

I had a goblin ambush appear in my dining hall. Somehow they got past my guards and my traps with no one noticing. Half my fort dies, then the goblins run away after two of them were killed, one with a pickaxe, and one with a silk quiver.

The most memorable experience was placing a statue of a goblin being mortally wounded by a dwarf with a silk quiver (referring to that event) atop the spire of my fortress.

At the highest Z-level existing in the whole world.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 05:44:48 pm »

Give that man a god damn medal, that story was too good for words... as it was put into text =P

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 05:48:24 pm »

Sorry for the double post but theirs no edit button on the moblile web page, but the above postwas ninjaed twice, and that was aimed toward the single sword dwarf killing the mega beast or what ever it was :p

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 06:35:22 pm »

Sorry for the double post but theirs no edit button on the moblile web page, but the above postwas ninjaed twice, and that was aimed toward the single sword dwarf killing the mega beast or what ever it was :p

Heheh, yeah, Adil is awesome.  He's one of the few non-original Seven that I remember by name.

His name translates into Adil Bootmirrors, the Crazed Torch of Syrup.  He's a true hero of Greatestbodice!  Oh, and on his stats, it mentions that he is shockingly fragile *but* amazingly agile.  Phew.  He doesn't have all that many kills yet, but I'm sure this is just the beginning of his legend :).

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:49:08 pm »

In 40d, before I knew how to properly forge or even equip my military with weapons, having a bunch of rhesus macaques run in and steal my only weapons (two bronze crossbows with bolts) I had at my wagon site because I didn't know macaques could steal and forgot to designate a stockpile indoors.

That's when I got a military started.  With no weapons, I was stuck with wrestlers.  They got to legendary pretty quickly, and that's when the macaques struck again.  They had infiltrated through my half-built statue garden that had open holes in the walls (Urist McMason cancels task: interrupted by rhesus macaque) and used the up/down staircase to get halfway to my major stockpile of items.  I sent in the military.

Being my first military excursion and the beginning of my all-out extermination campaign against any Rhesus Macaques that appeared on my fort site, I made a picture about it containing one of the battles.  I named it "RhesusPieces.png"

Spoiler: HUGE image (click to show/hide)

Mainly due to the dwarves pulling out internal organs with their bare hands and leaving them all over the place for my dwarves to clean up with all the blood.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Maulrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 08:06:30 pm »

Obviously forgotten beast with deadly vapor.
It was killed easily, with no losses. I happily forgot about it, but soon noticed numerous injured cats and dogs around, and then some dorfs started dying from suffocation.
But it was too late to do anything - they tracked the goo all around the fort. And tried to wash it off in dining and hospital wells, so whole dining room and hospital turned into sea of paralyzing goo. Most funny, it killed only one or two dorfs, who somehow got the vapor on their upper body and got their lungs paralyzed.
Rest of fort had goo only on their feet, so they got immobilized one by one.

Oh god that's terrifying. It's like they're walking around with Ebola or something.
puppywhirrrrrrl