Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipping Hunters and Boredom  (Read 739 times)

T600

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equipping Hunters and Boredom
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:50:38 pm »

So.. My fort has yet to be attacked by kobolds or goblins or anything for that matter. The most exciting thing to happen to my fort was a giant toad I found in the caverns and my hunter shot it dead in a few shots. Anyway, how can I equip hunters with better armor? I feel not so comfortable with them hunting in pig tail sox and such.

Also, the only civilization I see when looking at the civ list is some other dwarven civ, and a olm man civ I think which is under ground, which I have not found yet. Does this mean I will never get a kobold attack on my fort or anything? If so, I may abandon because I have this small military of like 4 spear dwarves who do nothing but train!

Any ideas?

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equipping Hunters and Boredom
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:23:03 pm »

I only had a dwarf civ in my list until 2nd year, then i had human and elf added, i hope that helps

T600

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:25:44 pm »

I only had a dwarf civ in my list until 2nd year, then i had human and elf added, i hope that helps

so civs can grow over time?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »

Even if you start out with access to civs on the embark screen, inside the actual Fortress Mode civ screen, they don't actually appear there until you encounter a unit that is a member of that civ.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:56 pm »

My related question is: how do you get hunters to hunt AT ALL.

I have yet to have a hunter actually hunt in any game since I started 0.31.03. Through much conniving I can eventually get them to grab a crossbow, quiver, and bolts, but then they STILL don't use the things on the critters running about.

So far I have only been able to hunt with my military, and they have a tendency to destroy wildlife completely rather than just killing it so it can be butchered.