Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mark for training  (Read 433 times)

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mark for training
« on: April 27, 2010, 01:29:13 pm »

Animal training should work more like butchery; you find the desired animals, tag them for the desired type of training or taming and the job is queued automatically. This would facilitate only training your new elephants without having to slog through the buffer of dogs. Being able to pick which animal you assign to a dwarf has been talked to death, don't bring that up.

Also, add a new tag called [TRAINABLE_WAR]. It would go well with the new [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] and prevent problems like hunting elephants. change elephants from [TRAINABLE] to [TRAINABLE_WAR]. Now, I'm sure they've been used for hunting too at some point but I wager they weren't actually trained to sneak towards groundhogs alongside a naked person holding a wooden club, ready to pounce at the unsuspecting rodent.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:45:06 pm by Pilsu »

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mark for training
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 02:20:06 pm »

Also, add a new tag called [TRAINABLE_WAR]. It would go well with the new [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] and prevent problems like hunting elephants. Now, I'm sure they've been used for that too at some point but I wager they weren't actually trained to sneak towards groundhogs alongside a naked person holding a wooden club, ready to pounce at the unsuspecting rodent.

Already exists.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Creature_token