Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75882 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2010, 06:59:59 pm »

Dragnar turns to shadow, a bit surprised to see it actually enter the library.

"Everyone needs their secrets. This is one of mine. It is a tool, nothing more... and nothing less. Do not fear though, it is not intended to be a weapon unless it must."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2010, 07:06:44 pm »

We understand secrets, We have many

Secrets which burn, or grow, or heal

We ask that when the time comes

You show us your creation

The shadowy figure fades away, leaving a chill hanging in the air.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2010, 08:18:42 pm »

Or'Oner backs a step away from Dragnar.
"You work with the Bi'aritelli? The Great Demon?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2010, 08:31:53 pm »

LONG WALL O’ TEXT ALERT
Just disregard the other posts like this.
I just thought up a much cooler comprehensive creation story. It will still be three acts, but instead of summoning stuff into existence... well, you'll see.

The cooled rocks floated around Him. He felt inspiration flow into Him and He set about His Work. He crushed the rocks he had saved and poured them into His tank pack. One kindled into fire, one arced electricity, and the small middle one froze solid. He was ready to Create. He took up His wand and sprayed fire upon the biggest rock in the group, which ignited, and became a yellowish red sun. The other rocks danced in orbit around it. He found a medium sized rock and ignited it. It burned as the star close by. He arced electricity at it and the fireball was wracked with unbelievable storms. He gathered fleets of empty spacecraft and cast them into this hellish furnace. He Came to the rest of the planets in the Void and took a small part from each of them, and threw them into the magma on His world. Mythril, Iron, gemstones, and other materials swirled in the fire. The surface slowly cooled and formed mountains and lowlands; a planet was born, twisted and broken. He took coolant and melted it, and spread it in the lowlands, which became freshwater seas and lakes and rivers. He walked upon this planet and, though the rivers sang and the wind blew, it was empty. Again he went to the other planets, but this time he gathered fertile soil. He mixed it together and threw it upon his world. Some seeds had been hidden in the soil, and they sprouted in the correct areas, and grew into grasses and bushes. He walked upon his planet, but was sad at the lack of trees. He Came to Natus and Took a fruit from the tree of Knowledge and Life, and returned to the Nameless World. He broke open the fruit and scattered the seeds over the planet, but since they were held in His (extremely hot) hand, some of the virtue had gone out of them. The seeds of Life no longer granted eternal life, but could nourish those who were in need. These became fruit trees. The seeds of Knowledge no longer granted the clarity of mind they used to, but could be used to record and store it. These became other kinds of trees.
Now there were four great mountain ranges, three great forests, and four great plains.
Again he walked upon this planet, but aside from the wind in the plants, there was no sound. He came to the Well of Souls and captured some lesser ones, and brought them back to the Nameless World (NW), and made bodies for them to inhabit. The souls chose their own. Some were the beasts of the land, and some were the beasts of the air. But the seas were empty of life. He Came to Ss'Vadgrin, and stole a tenticled creature from it. He ripped it into pieces above the NW’s oceans, and they fell into them, and became fish, and whales, and carp. Now these carp were vicious little bastards, and they were clever. They found secret ways in the planet’s crust, and they soon populated all the waterways. They began to prey on the land animals, causing great destruction. Palad’in saw that He had to create a water guardian to save his creations. He formed a fish like being out of mud, and shot elements from the tank pack at it, and it was granted Life. He named it “Mermaid” and told it to clean the waters of the evil carp. They did their task well, but not perfectly. The carp found more secret waterways, and some rivers stayed infested.
Palad’in traveled under his world, and saw many yawning, empty caverns. He took three ships of Morai and, taking away their advanced technology, set them in the caverns. He created for them blowguns and spears, and bid them cultivate the caverns with the food plants. And as soon as Palad’in did this, He felt drained. He decided to walk on His world until the spark of inspiration kindled in Him again.

tl;dr
REAL ACT ONE: Created a sun and a planet and an asteroid belt.
Act two: Created animal life and carp.
Act three: Created mermaids and cavern dwellers.

Nameless World: 40% genned.
See where I'm going with this?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2010, 09:24:49 pm »

Or'Oner backs a step away from Dragnar.
"You work with the Bi'aritelli? The Great Demon?"
"The what? I work with no one. As long as Astra'ath does not harm my creations I shall not interfere with his work. Besides, he is not even the most destructive of the gods. Think, even if Astra'ath were to wipe out all life, in the end Gheronaton could easily be responsible for more death because his world is perpetually filled with it. My task is simply to chronicle the events unfolding in this universe, and occasionally to help a few mortals I find exceptional, not to safeguard all life."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2010, 10:43:46 pm »

Quietly, one of the formless Elysium, a small orb of softly glowing light, hovered into the Refugium. It went this way and that, seeking out Gheronaton amid the majestic halls. In time, it came to the war chambers. The glowing orb dimmed, the closest it could come to a bow. “Mighty Gheronaton, honored friend of Luna,” The Elysians said, though it lacked throat or mouth. The words just seemed to echo from it’s illuminated core. “My mistress sends her greetings, and her apologies that she cannot come in person. The Goddess of peace wished me to tell you that she cannot send warriors. She just now has begun to raise an army, though she does not have your expertise and it is slow work. Especially since the Aether elves are still recovering from the white curse.”

“However, she still wishes to aid you. She has found the source of the nightmares on Aether, creatures of darkness spawned from Astra’ath who hide in the deepest shadows. She will drive them from her lands as soon as she can. She has also sent us Elysians to counter and quell the nightmares the nightgaunts create. To you, we may be of additional use. We cannot become ill, perhaps we can seek out your foes for you.”

<><><><><>

Luna looked over those who had volunteered to fight for her. There was a multitude of elves, tall, fair, and armed with tall spears tipped with crystal heads or lithe bows. There were the graceful Rhea, proud birds of crystal appearing like large peacocks, some bearing the elves upon their backs. Glowing orbs of light, the Elysians, flittered around the crowd, hovering about like fireflies. And of course, the mighty aether dragons towered over both Rhea, elf, and Elysian.

Yet it was fewer than she hoped for. Many still focused on the remnants of the white curse, or struggled to rebuild settlements and homesteads that were ruined by the plague. She did not force them from their work, nor compel them to abandon families that needed them, but just left them be. There was still food to grow, and crops to tend to. Still, her people could use some help.

She looked out, and saw a world burning. It took her a moment to remember, but then she recognized it as the small world that the minor god Elan had made. Something was very wrong there, and she had an idea who was causing it. Concealing herself in the darkness of night, she went in person to the small burning world.

It didn’t take long for her to discover Astra’ath’s work. The once jovial people were being rounded up, and were given a choice: Serve Astra’ath or feed Astra’ath. Terror was spreading over the world, fueling Astra’ath’s power. Even if they were a foolish creation of a foolish god, Luna still felt pity for them. In the darkness of night, she made her move.

Moving over the world’s night side, Luna flew ahead of the cultists to the settlements of the once merry people. Finding one, she would empty the settlement of all who did not bear Astra’ath’s mark and moved them to the hills of Aether. Luna moved swiftly and silently, hoping to save as many of the people before Astra’ath discovered her.

Meanwhile, the rescued people found themselves on the strange twilight world. At first, they were in awe, and frightened of the strange new land. They hid from the elves that came near to them. The elves, meanwhile, wondered about the odd little people that they suddenly found on their world. A strange folk, short and plump in stature (overly fond of drink and food it seemed), given to bright colors of clothing, skilled in music, in theater, in humor. Given these piebald garbed people were only half as tall as the elves themselves, the elves called them ‘halflings’.

<><><><><>

Bulotha looked up, and saw the massive bird in the distance. He felt a twinge in his leg, where the sliver of Astra’ath was merged with him. Even without it, he recognized this bird as a danger. He growled to himself, and barked an order to the cultists around him. He could not let the strange bird threaten his cult, weakened by Gheronaton’s slaves as it was.

Once the cult was rounded up, he gave them new orders. They would find caves to hide in within the mountains. The bird could not reach them in those small tunnels. Rising to his feet, he led the cult on through the rocky, harsh land. He sent out scouts to find a suitable cave for them to lurk in while the bird dominated the skies.

Act 3: Rescue as many of Elan's creations, now dubbed 'halfling', from Elan's world by moving them to Aether.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 14, 2010, 10:02:00 am »

Gheronaton was leaning over the gigantic map of incendium, lying on his oversized table. Firstborn were constantly moving little figurines over the map. Since days they were observing every movement of the cultists and constantly updated the positions of the heathens.

The signs were clear: They were gathering in the caves beneath the Hellpit mountain.

Fools. Muttered Gheronaton.

"Lord War, they have assembled in the caves. Shall we proceed?"

Gheronaton smiled thinly. His plan was working. "Yes, send words to the giants. Flood the caves."

It was a good plan.

The Great Bird had forced them into the caves- Gheronaton had assumed that Bulotha might be wiser. Oh, he knew his name, now. And he also knew that he was once one of his ferals- Transformed into a dragon and then into an abomination. Those that rise high often fall deep; He reflected.

The Giants that were convinced by his diplomats had labored day and night to dig channels.. And now they would dam the nearby magma rivers with rocks and thus they would redirect the magma into the caves, while other giants would block the entrances with boulders. Some Dragons and Ferals would also be there; To make sure that nothing would leave those caves again.

Oh, sure, once the danger was gone they would kill each other. But it didn`t matter- The heretics would all die. And no one would miss them.

He also put the Elysians to good use- He had accepted their offer and they were assigned to the groups that were examining the camps. Hopefully they would purge the dreams of his creatures.

"Now, it`s time to thank Luna... Go and help her to train her army."

Once the cultists are assembled inside of the caves they shall be flooded with magma. The entrances shall be blocked with boulders and guarded by some, now armored in iron, giants. (And some dragons and Ferals.). I also send some of my Firstborn and some of my most skilled chosen to Luna... They shall help her to muster an formidable army.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:15:52 am by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #367 on: May 14, 2010, 11:51:19 am »

Alex knew that to win this battle, he had to kill himself. And what better way to do so that pure irony? Astr'ath killed everyone he knew via some sort of wormhole know as the Void. So that was how he decided to do things-drop himself into the Void, and Astr'ath will follow suit. Using more energy than he had, he opened up a portal... and grasped his heart. He only had a few seconds to do this...

He jumped into the portal. A large flash of light, and then... nothing. Astr'ath had been killed, and no-one had anything to worry about aside from cleaning up a few rebels.

I make a wormhole and jump into it, with Astr'ath still in my mindfield... so he either gets disintervaporated or turned into a lifeless corpse of nothingness, his call. Either way, we both die.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 14, 2010, 01:22:07 pm »

An important detail to follow:
A rumble shook the Nameless World, and then all was still.
Suddenly, a huge volcano opened up in one of the mountain ranges, and spewed forth lava and smoke.

Not really an Act: A volcano forms in one of the mountain ranges.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:30:58 pm by Canalan »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #369 on: May 14, 2010, 06:44:31 pm »

Shadows coalesce out of the void near Palad'in, taking the form of a robed figure with an empty hood.

It drifts patiently while the child-god creates his world, waiting to be noticed.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 14, 2010, 08:57:31 pm »

Palad'in looked up from the glorious volcanic eruption; he sensed a new Presence on his world.
A dark shape momentarily blocked out the sun, and He was struck with a strange fear, and he saw the end of his creations...  He sent an emissary to the Being, appropriate, He thought. The emissary took the form of a being made out of energy in the shape of a figure in protective garments. It flew to the servent of the Elder God.
"What would you ask of my God?"

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2010, 09:09:51 pm »

Somewhere in the void:

Carnis let loose a howl, which turned to a laugh. His form dissolved into smoke, the smoke drew itself into laughing faces, and then the faces formed into the body of a beautiful woman, wearing a slim white dress with slits traveling up to her knees. Mania blew a kiss to no-one in particular, and vanished. The only remnant of Mania's existance was a tablet, inscribed with flowing script...

I AM MANIA, FORM OF MADNESS
LOOK UPON MY WORKS, YE SANE ONES,
AND SHATTER. AS ME, AS YOU, AS ALL BURNS IN MY FLAME, SO WE WILL BE REBORN, MAD AS ANIMALS.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2010, 06:55:26 am »

The robed figure addressed Palad'in's emissary, but its empty hood stares directly at the god himself. The voice that speaks is a chorus of two dozen whispers.

We bid you welcome, child-god

An offer have We for you

Your creation is impressive, but incomplete

Horrors you require, in the deep

Allow Us entry to the core of your world

A vast underground We will build, stocked with horrors unimaginable

And treasure as well, for those who venture into the depths and survive
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:56:49 pm by forsaken1111 »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2010, 09:51:04 pm »

Mania cackled as Mania dived towards Aether, crashing into the crystaline landscape with a great plume of dust in Manias wake. Mania rose up garbed in the form of Luna herself, alike in every way, save for the eyes, which held such madness as to render any mortal that looked upon them insane.

And Manias eyes were huge...
Thou art I, I art Thou.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 16, 2010, 12:07:31 am »

After the emissary from Astra'ath leaves Dragnar turns to the cube he just finished. The glow surrounding it has almost entirely vanished, revealing a perfectly ordinary looking cube of an odd metal. Dragnar picks it up and places it in a pocket of his robes before addressing the angel.[/b]

"So, angel, what beings you here? I assume you were brought here by one of my siblings, but for what purpose?"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 56