Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75898 times)

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2010, 02:58:53 pm »

"There is not much time. I will begin."

Aarrook turns his own devices. Using his energy, he begins by reconstructing the soul of Poena's brother. "When I finish recreating the soul, I need Poena to touch the soul and remember what her brother looked like. I can only do so much. After that, I should be able to recreate him."

The soul was finished. Now, we waited for Poena.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:05 pm »

Poena slowly lifted her hand, reaching in front of her. She held it still mid-air, closing her eyes. Eyes shining like gems, a black scaly skin. His eyes glow a deep red.. Instantly she opened her eyes again, turning her head to the Chained God. She turned around, pointing at him instead of touching the soul as she was instructed. "He- I- I think that my brother resembles the Chained God." Now she spoke directly to the alien deity. "The eyes I remember.. They are yours- yours, but innocent, young."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:07:10 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2010, 03:34:37 pm »

Request to Dragnar
Unknown: Poena brother. Knowledge:existent. Location:Dragnar's Library. Request information. Haste important. Necessary mutual growth.

Response to Frandor
Our goals: concurrent. Analyzing data, will reply when finished.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2010, 10:34:15 pm »

my kind do not know of innocence. They are born into the world as they are. It stared into the demigoddess's eyes, and felt the alien emotions lapping at his defenses. It felt like... a warmth, one that felt welcome to the jagged soul of the deity of forbidden knowledge. The Chained God's voice was different, softer and gentler this time. You are a strange one, Poena. I have made many enemies for transgressions far lesser than what I have done, but you have forgiven me. The red lights of its eyes glowed with a soft light, unlike the piercing beams that usually accompanied its sight.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2010, 10:36:27 pm »

Somewhere on the Coin, Carnis threw up. The sap was tangible today.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2010, 07:26:27 am »

Dragnar sends a librarian to aid Akkataromondamia.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dragnar creates a mighty sword for the elf girl Aerie.

Coradin sends every single Fallen Guardian inside the new star, Elan, to live eternally in pain and suffering, unable to move or communicate.
Coradin rebuilds the Palace, but without the old Guardians

Galt creates a world created entirely from insects, orbiting Elan. Two acts

Frandor creates a hot, bright, (relatively) small star, named Chara.
Frandor creates a shell around Chara.

Alex takes some of the immune elves and put them on the forest plate.
Alex constructs an Altar on each plate in the plate world.

Gheronaton creates Ferraria.
Gheronaton creates the Ironborn.
Gheronaton creates several mines, smithies and magma furnaces on Ferraria.
Gheronaton orders for the construction of six huge swords for himself, out of the strongest metals available on Ferraria. (As this is no creation or similar, but an order, it doesn't take an act. Rather, you will see the results soon.)

Aeria takes the sword created by Dragnar, and she enters the dungeon that leads to Dragnar's library.

Luna creates a harmless version of the white curse and spreads it over Aether, to make the elves immune to the plague.
Luna creates the Aether dragons.

Natus stores his acts.

Alex makes an the Altar of Fate, and places it amongst Luna's elves on Aether. (I'm not sure whether it was Aether or the plate where you placed it, but I assumed it were the plates, as you're mostly concerned with those.)

Aarrook creates the Amulet of Cures, which will cure any ailment, from disease to insanity, within ten feet. He places said amulet around Poena's neck while she sleeps. Two acts, as that is a very powerful artifact.

The Chained God saves its acts

Alex picks up all the elves and dwarves on the plates planet and puts them into their respective Altars.
Alex creates an infinite supply of food for the elves and dwarfs.

A second council of the Gods has been called.

Gheronaton orders the Ironborn to create an armor for Poena. (This takes no acts, as it is an order, and not a magical item (yet?).)

Alex forges a Red Blade from rage.
Alex manifests as a strong elf. -- No acts.

Coradin blesses Poena with a great eye and sharp senses.

Aerie is affected by Astra'ath's calls.

Humaan grants new life to the soul of Poena's brother. (This is take an act, as you're actually reviving a demigod here. Still, it's a demigod that never developed any godly powers. If he had, it'd take even more acts.)

Satae stores her acts

Chaos, confusion and alarm. Xarn had by long been awake. He was there when Ferraria was created, which followed Incendium in its tracks around the black sun. He noticed Galts planet of insects, a place where souls waited to return to better shells, but which' creation drew faster from the souls the essence could provide than the rate at which it could provide, causing soulless creatures to be born every now and then, which remained emotionless and sometimes even motionless until a soul found its way into them. His eyes were drawn to Chara, and the overgod pondered what it would become. There had been many problems, ranging from the white curse, which slaughtered many elves, to the fallen guardians, which were eventually punished for their attack on Coradin's palace. The white curse had been healed by making use of the immunity a creature was granted after surviving it, and elves now roamed one of the plate worlds. He was also struck by a vision of the universe, imploding, with himself being destroyed at the end, absorbed by the void, and something even darker. He shrugged it off him, used to nightmares and horrible visions.
There was also the situation of Astra'ath, fighting the barrier between the Essence and the universe. Xarn was confident that the barrier would hold-

He was wrong.

Poena granted the Chained God an honestly meant smile, then turning towards the soul she was instructed to touch.

The moment she touched it, the barrier keeping out Astra'ath and the other Gods shattered. Not only Astra'ath, but Palad'in and Anacraeon came through. Forcing its way through the barrier had drained Astra'ath, but the fear of the Gods themselves fueled the creature, allowing it to stay in the universe. It was hurled in one of the outskirts, unseen, unnoticed. The two Gods that quickly made their way through afterwards weren't as drained, although the barrier stole energy of them as well, quickly repairing itself not that it wasn't assaulted anymore. The weak point disappeared, closing behind them.

In the Council, Poena wept. No God had yet noticed the entrance of the God they all feared. Poena held her brother, who was reborn as a baby, in her arms, smiling at it.
The baby was as dark as the Chained God, a humanoid baby with scales as dark as the void itself, ever-shifting. His eyes glowed with a soft light, resembling those of the Emperor of Chains. Slowly, Poena looked up, taking a step towards The Watcher in Darkness. She hesitated for a moment, but then pushed aside all doubts, offering the Chained God to hold the baby. "It- It is clear that he is a baby created to your image.. I- I think that you should raise my brother, while-" She paused, turning her face to the ground for a moment. "While I accept to help you, if I can do so at all, defeat the creature that is called Astra'ath. I- I trust you will do well. Name my brother, please.."

Xarn was once more surprised by the events. He had indeed foreseen what his children would look like, even that they would be different in many ways, but no, never did he expect his daughter to help her brother back into life after he was killed. He turned away, drifting back to Xarn's fist, which started to shine its light once more at the Refuge.

Ferraria follows the same orbital track as Incendium.
Galt's planet of insects orbits Elan.
Astra'ath enters the Universe.
Anacraeon and Palad'in enter the universe after Astra'ath.
The barrier between the void and the universe has healed, returning to an impenetrable state.
Poena's brother is reborn.
Poena offers The Chained God to let it raise and care for her brother.

Soul Confusion
Sometimes creatures are born soulless, none have got emotions, some even die to it at birth.

Code: [Select]
Acts:
Satae: 7
"The Chained God": 4
Dragnar: 3
Natus: 3
Frandor: 2
Luna: 2
Coradin: 2
Gheronaton: 2
Carnis: 2
Aarrook: 2
Galt: 2
Palad'in: 1
Anacraeon: 1
Astra'ath: 0
Alex: 0 (You used six acts, and not just by doing expensive ones. Didn't notice it, though, so you're getting away with it.)

You know how it works; PM me or post in the OOC thread if you've got any comments/think I forgot something/similar things. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55836.0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:57:58 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2010, 07:44:35 am »

Does "ATTTACK!" Come under an Act?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2010, 07:49:25 am »

Observe, respond
Peone, brother. Unknown, caution. Observe.
Barrier, shatter. Astra-ath present. Danger, extreme, avoid all contact. Plan.
Response: incorporate plan.
Self weak, unable to combat astra'ath. Solution concurrent with current primary plan.
Resources available: proceed with primary plan.

Frandor turns the sun Chara into a sentinent demigod with a mental link to Frandor!
Upload knowledge.
Knowledge uploaded.

I... I am Chara. What are you?
Self Frandor. Creator. Master/companion. Bond: strongest.
I do not understand.
Self Frandor. Frandor create Chara. Frandor god; divine powers. Frandor need Chara.
You need me? what for?
Frandor weak, flawed. Solution: Companion. Companion strengthen, assist. Together grow, together fight, together fall. Strongest bond.
Together fight? fight what? What could contest the strength of a god?
Another god.

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:14:48 am by ed boy »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2010, 08:28:31 am »

Carnis awoke to an odd... Thing floating above his bed. The thing was gray and appeared to be breaking into small squares and other characters. Carnis recognized this as a static hologram, something no-one should have been able to pull off yet.

"Bond-shrrrrkkkkkishhhh-mutual-svriichh-trests."

Carnis stared uncomprhendingly at the hologram. Obviously something was attempting to ally with him, but to what goal? He removed the hologram from his room with a wave of his hand.

Quite soon afterwards, he got a message from Luna, a godess he had rarely seen, but seemed peaceful.

Carnis didn't quite like peace. He discarded the "ghost story" and moved on.

On the volanic underside of the Coin, he created a great many beasts, twisted creations of blood and fury, clawing at the living, made of pure bloodlust. These creations burned with physical flames, such was the heat of their passion. He gave them rudimentary technology and locked their science. They would make up for it by their great strength. He named his abominations Demons.

On the lush side, he made the Angels, a race of humanoids with great eagle wings, shining with holy light. He made them armored and smart, but physically weak. He made them polar opposites of the demons.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #264 on: May 08, 2010, 08:37:14 am »

All across the cosmos the mortal's chant came to crescendo before being abruptly silenced. Suddenly freed from the psychic impulses, the mortals blinked in confusion wondering why they were staring at the sun.

At that moment, the barrier between worlds fails and the black sun's surface shatters. White fracture lines again pulse and throb across its black surface before falling aside like so much debris. The sun is thrown into chaos as the titanic bulk of Astra'ath passes through the transition and enters the universe. Its amorphous tentacled form rises from the photosphere, burning plasma sloughing from Its flesh, and It looses a shrill cry of victory at this achievement. The blasphemous birth over, Astra'ath begins to move.

Tentacles search, tasting the void. Rows of eyes observe. It is drawn to a ring of crystalline debris around the sun. Pieces of a god, discarded so haphazardly. Spent from Its efforts and the difficult transition, it swims through the void effortlessly towards the asteroid belt. Feeding mouths snap out on long flexible fleshy tubes, gobbling whole the chunks of debris from Galt's passing. It tasted and savored the remnants of souls within the crystal and rapidly incorporated the gems into its body, growing a gem-hard outer shell composed of Galt's discarded divine flesh and held together by the remnants of the souls trapped therein.

Piteous souls, cruelly used and discarded by the child gods. Know new purpose in My flesh, and strengthen Me.

One black tentacle stabs into a particularly large chunk of debris. It does not feed, it does not grow. It deposits something, some small nodule of flesh, inside the gem and then withdraws. Another, larger, prehensile limb swings unnaturally quickly and slaps the stone so that its course is altered significantly.

After picking the field of the choicest meat, Astra'ath begins to swim away into the deep night between the stars at the edge of this existence. Its massive bulk passes Maia and Chara, sparing neither a glance nor a thought for the celestial bodies. The only emotion detectable from Its mind is... Scorn.

Astra'ath enters the universe.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:40:25 am by forsaken1111 »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2010, 12:11:02 pm »

Attack that thing if I can.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »

Alex, in the form of a strong elf, charges the tentacled bulk of Astra'ath in an act of unfocused and unthinking aggression, without subtlety or planning. Astra'ath swims on, seemingly unaware of the assault, Its form undulating through the void as It makes Its way towards the unexplored depths between the stars. Alex wields his red blade, forged of a god's rage, and chops mightly at the titanic form and Astra'ath bellows as the sword makes contact. One of Its tentacles are severed and the bulky body undulates mightily in pain.

The severed tentacle drifts away from the body, spewing thick brackish ichor into the void. Astra'ath forms several rows of eyes near the attacking god and turns Its baleful gaze upon Alex. The severed tentacle twitches, cut end reforming into a toothy maw which snaps at the attacking god whilst the tapering end bifurcates several times until two dozen smaller grasping limbs are reaching out, wrapping around Alex and restraining him. The ichor from the wound itches and burns wherever it touches the god's flesh, and the grasping tentacles leave painful little sucker markers all over Alex's arms and shoulder. The tentacles squeeze tightly while the snapping mouth end keeps his sword busy.

While the child god is distracted by the smallest portion of Its self, Astra'ath slips away into the shadowy recesses at the edge of the universe, hiding among the stars.

Alex eventually destroys the disgusting tentacle monster, and it dissolves away into foul-smelling smoke.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:41:19 pm by forsaken1111 »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 08, 2010, 12:46:22 pm »

Gheronaton could feel it. There was something happening that hadn`t happened yet: The clashing of two gods.

He gazed out, into the void and he beheld Alex slashing at some tentacled thing. "What a fool. That`s a ruse." He thought to himself and he had some evidence: Why should everyone, even the chained one, be so afraid of it, when it could be killed that easy by one god.. Especially a god without any outstanding martial power?

He left for Ferraria, where he saw his ironborn eagerly laboring. They already had produced much equipment for his chosen and they were currentely working on the armor for poena.
"She`ll like it, i`m sure." He said as he handed the helm he was inspecting back to one of his firstborn.

And someone won`t like it, he hoped.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 12:47:53 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2010, 01:14:52 pm »

Observe, respond.
Carnis, demons. Note.
Carnis, angels. Note.
Astra'ath, enter. Extreme danger. Extreme caution.

What is this thing?
     Unknown. Danger, caution. Chara unknowing of danger?
     I cannot sense it - I cannot sense anything... How do I know you are truthful?
     Unsensing - Rectification. Incorporate into plans.
Alex, Astra'ath fight. Observe, note.
No response appropriate.
Proceed with plans.

Frandor causes Chara's shell to resonate in step with the demigod sun, thus allowing Chara to use the shell to see, hear, etc.

Chara sense. See Astra'ath?
That thing... It - It -
It is Astra'ath.
It is incomprehensible, monstrous! I cannot fight such a thing! I will be destroyed! You are mad! You claim that we have a bond, yet you expect me to throw myself in from of that thing? I can do nothing to it! I will be destroyed!
Trust in Bond. Chara able to fight; Frandor show. Resources depleted. Will continue when resources are sufficient.

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2010, 01:25:23 pm »

Coradin sat on his throne in the Refuge, unsure of what to do. This... creature was free, even though he was yet to see it. He could feel it, like an infection in an otherwise healthy body. Every step it took, he shivered, disgusted by the corruption and filth it spread.
He had decided against using minions to fight it; he didn't want to see his creations corrupted and twisted by Astra'ath.
His creations had to be pure.
He had already warded the Protector of the Refuge against the being, but that alone would not grant them victory. Poena had to be ready.
His siblings were already crafting weapons worthy of gods for her, but Coradin was no weaponsmith. The blessing - and the Protector - would have to do.

Coradin wards the Protector of the Refuge, granting him resistance to Astra'ath's corruption and other powers

Coradin also wards the Refuge against future psychic attacks and gods teleporting in because goddamnit I have a door
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:26:55 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56