Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75864 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #690 on: June 08, 2010, 06:48:01 pm »

Satae reclined on emptiness in the pocket of sub-space, scrutinizing her handiwork: it was an intricate- though not supernaturally intricate- silver medallion, two inches in diameter, engraved with an image of a serpent coiled around a trident, with a gleaming emerald set as it's eye. It was also infused with magic, though she wouldn't have been able to discern it from a simple charm had she not created it: it's true and far more sinister nature was concealed from all divination- even actual divine perception, including her own.

"Perfect."

Now, it was time to go have a small chat with her brothers--

She stopped, tilting her head to the voice that had called out her. A guest?

Intriguing.

-----

Out of the corner of his eye, the fallen angel perceived a slight ripple in space behind him, and a rift opened. Satae emerged from the impossible miasma visible from within, and settled gently to the ground as the gap in the void silently sealed, her dress fluttering in some intangible breeze.

"My my, I certainly don't get many visitors around here.

Tell me, Illiath, what business does this Traitor have with me?"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:50:02 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 09, 2010, 02:30:38 am »

The Lastborn wishes you to pray to him.

He has many names, many forms.

Do you know who I speak of?

Illiath's leathery wings unfolded, revealing gaps and torn skin. His eyes remained fixed on the Goddess for only the shortest of moments, then to fold up his wings behind him again.

The Bringer of Apocalypse wishes to introduce himself to you.

You are chosen as the first..

He draws his strength from you, and from the other Gods.

Trickery and deceit are his main weapons, as are yours.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 10, 2010, 01:12:43 am »

Satae smirked. "Gods praying to gods?"

Slowly, she approached the emissary of the Eldest One.

"While I would normally have more pressing engagements, I cannot deny that I have desired to see the Originator of this reality.

You say that I have been chosen as my Father's first, warrior. Tell me, what would Xarn have me be the first of?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 10, 2010, 07:19:28 am »

Illiath did not know more than what he said. Illiath did not know more than what Satae said.
Did the Eldest God save him? Probably. He himself too wanted answers.

I am naught but a messenger, Satae.. If you wish to know what my words meant, only the Younger can aid you.

He turned his eyes to the ground for a moment, as he realized that he was talking to a Godly entity.

I do not know what you are the first of.. There is a lot I do not know. Maybe he can answer those questions if you ask him?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 11, 2010, 11:58:19 am »

The mad wing of the Library was almost full. But the mad weren't done.

They began to tear apart the wood of the tables, useing everything from shards of metal to their own fingernails. They ripped and tore, and made the ornate tables into sawdust without saws. Then, useing their own saliva, they worked and pressed it into thin sheets. They called this coarse new parchment "Paper".

Look, and see. Madness is not all destructive. There is little ever made without a touch of madness.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 12, 2010, 06:44:43 pm »

Finally the big battle bages were finished. And they were huge.

They looked a lot like the smaller ships; But they were armed with countless weapon turrets, shooting long ranged plasma projectiles and armor breaking iron rockets for close combat. The battle barges were also able to transport up to a thousand soldiers and their equipment. Thus far only two had been finished, but his ironborn would labor on to create more of them.

And then there were also smaller ships, which looked eerily like asteroids. They had a simple a.i that would detect and attack any unknown ship. They were armed with just a single plasma cannon and one machine gun, yet there were many of them.

Further the battle suits for his soldiers were also finished. In countless tests the ironborn had found their weak points and eliminated them- Now the battle suits were flexible yet durable and offered a whole lot of additional equipment. Air for several hours, isolation that protected against heat and cold, armor that could stop bullets or blade.. Even smaller variants of the guns used by ships- They were inbuilt in the left arm of the suits and could be fired while moving, leaving the right arm free to carry a melee weapon.

The berserkers were granted special suits- Out of a sudden they were tame, and managed to stay peaceful, if needed. This allowed the ironborn to conduct extended test with them and they came up with a magnificient solution..

The berserker suits had inbuilt syringes, which could inject the deaths brew into the mouths of the berserkers- They could adjust the dose they wanted, ranging from a small pain reliever to a nearly fatal dose, which would turn the berserker into a raging storm of destruction.

Yet, Gheronaton needed more. More warriors. More ships. And thus he used his powers to create additional Ironborn, which would build more ships and armor.

Gheronaton creates two acts worth of Ironborn. (Should be many. :P) They shall build more ships, weapons and armor.  The asteroid ships shall hide in the asteroid belt, attacking any unknown ship.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:46:14 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 14, 2010, 05:42:29 pm »

A cry rips through the universe, heard by every mortal at the same time.

SA-WEET-ROOOOOOOOLL!!!

No-one is surprised.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #697 on: June 14, 2010, 08:22:17 pm »

Chara had retreated, inexplicably. Astra'ath knew they had damaged it severely, but it had been repairing itself.

No matter.

We must repair the damage wrought by Our enemy's blows and begin the next phase of Our plan.

Tiny pieces of Its flesh detach, swarming around Astra'ath's bulk and gathering debris from the battle. Blood, ichor, injured and torn flesh... nothing was wasted. It consumed every dead body, every piece of Itself, every shard of Chara's shell that was left behind, even a good amount of planetary debris. It drew what was left of the planet around Itself like some monstrous hermit crab, powerful tendrils still affixed deep within the earth. By Its own increased mass, and that of the remains of the planet, It provided enough of a gravity well that the moons did not spin madly form their orbits and the planet itself remained roughly where it should be in relation to its star.

This could be salvaged, though the Nameless World was mostly barren now upon its surface. Here and there, things had survived... many of the deepspawn had radically different biologies and several could survive in magma, underwater, or even in the cold vacuum of space. The starspawn who had yet to deploy were also alive, having formed into a protective ring and woven a massive shield around themselves during the conflict, unable to intervene in a godly battle. The cultists and spawning pools were now within Astra'ath's protective embrace. Five dwarves were saved as well, the remains of the stout folk's doomed expedition to the center of the world.

This universe could not stand much more of this, direct confrontation between deities was destructive to the point of ruin. Astra'ath did not want to sunder this reality, but to consume it. Burning the universe left naught but ash, and ash did not nourish a being such as They.

Astra'ath's mighty body heaves as mass is shifted away from its core, forming a large empty cavity. Power boils and burns through the Void, the space around it distorts and takes on a purple/black hue, bubbling as though the vacuum were naught more than paint being peeled away from a wall by excessive heat.

Loose debris begin to move inwards, impacting upon the planet's surface as the gravity normalizes... then increases. The Starspawn and living Dwarves are pulled in as well, landing lightly on Astra'ath's fleshy hide.

Its song fills the void around the planet as space itself is twisted and tortured. Something that should not be takes shape at the heart of the Nameless World, prevented from destroying the planet only by the will of a god.

A hole gnaws at the very foundation of the universe as a singularity forms at Astra'ath's dark core; an infinitesimal point from which not even light can escape. Space around it bends and twists, time distorts and flows like water. For the first time since entering this static, unchanging reality It was in Its element and It knew joy.

The Nameless World shines like a miniature sun from the radiant heat released, its surface becoming molten slag as it compacts around the god at its core. The starspawn work desperately now, a failing energy barrier the only protection they have between themselves and megatons of molten magma above, the divine flesh of their god below concealing the ravenous creation within. The dwarves huddle in fear at the sight, crying out to Palad'in to save them from this terrible fate.

Suddenly the Nameless World ceases in its orbit, as if pinned to a singular point in space like one of the distant stars. It moves with the universe as though stuck in place on some vast crystal sphere, but orbits no other body. Its gravity well, moderated by the diety within, does not adversely affect the surrounding celestial bodies. A halo of rippling purple energy coalesces around it, a permanent byproduct of the creation, forming a plasma nebula which reaches far into space.

Just as the shields of the Starspawn were failing, Astra'ath draws them, and the dwarves as well, within Its bulk to join the others of Its cult. They live within their god for now, until a safe harbor can be found. The world around them cools, a jet black faceted ball of obsidian with a furious red glow emanating from its depths.

Astra'ath invests all of its remaining acts and creates the Eye of Terror, a black hole at the core of the Nameless World, drawing power from its entropic essence. The area around the Nameless World resembles a great eye in space, a new light in the heavens of all populated worlds. Those born under its baleful gaze excel at dark sorcery and are drawn to the forbidden arts. Its surging currents of gravity and time distortion could be used as a weapon against those who draw too near.

Spoiler: The Eye of Terror (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:28:29 pm by forsaken1111 »

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2010, 08:58:24 pm »

The last surviving gun platform limped into orbit around The Vault.  It was getting fairly crowded there, as six stations and some surviving Starspawn ships jockey for a safe position.
The world below them drew together and was consumed in a godly fire.  While the surface melted into a uniform flatness as Astra'ath created his Eye, a technician on the only undamaged station located the last of his kind in the center of his former world, and beamed them up into the station.
The former moons fell into orbit around the Nameless Star and became the Planetary Belt.  The few remaining asteroids orbited the moons as moonlets, further obstructing safe orbits.  The system slowly revolved around Astra'ath, only one AU from his event horizon.

FLAVOR RP: The moons become the Planetary Belt around the Nameless Star.  All Black Sun asteroids now orbit the moons.  The system orbits the Eye.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 14, 2010, 09:32:35 pm »

"Hmm... the creative side of madness... the spark of imagination that is never really sane... perhaps you aren't as dangerous as you seem Mania."

Dragnar sends a message to Coradin, showing him what the mad have done in the library.

"Will you release Mania? It is not a force of pure destruction, and besides, without a touch of madness this place shall grow stale and boring. Only a bit of illogic here and there will keep us from stagnating."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 15, 2010, 04:00:23 am »

Coradin scratched his head at the message. Release Mania? Why did Dragnar think he had... ah, the god in the Stone.
Very well, if Dragnar wanted to release it, he had nothing against that. It just made the Stone safer.
Coradin took the Stone from the core of his ship and marched up to the Library.

'Dragnar, the god Mania is trapped in here. Because it is you who wishes for him to be free, you are to release him. Just... do not break the Stone.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 15, 2010, 10:45:59 am »

Luna quietly strode through Aether, looking over the various camps and settlements that the refugees had built in various areas. Aether was large, there was room enough for all and then some, but it was a vastly different environment compared to the ones they grew up in. At first, only a few came from each race, distrusting as they were of the other gods. Yet as their world fell apart in the divine battle, more decided to take Luna up on her offer. Luna hoped they could adapt so they could survive until Palad’in could recreate the world. At least the races and cultures would survive.

To Luna’s surprise, it was the dwarves and not the elves that seemed to be adapting the best. They had no great love for the sun, and did not mind the constant twilight of Aether. They were fascinated by the great crystal mountains, and started cutting little tunnels into it, and carving the crystal to their liking. The dwarves had brought with them spawns of the mushrooms they liked to eat, and began growing them in the depths of the crystalline tunnels.

The elves at first had been the most excited to return to Aether. Ever since their ancestors were taken to live on the nameless world, they had passed down stories from generation to generation of the shimmering lands they had lost. And now, they got to walk upon the lands of legend. Yet they found that, as they lived there, the constant night weighed on their spirits. Long ago, they had grown accustomed to the sun above them, lighting their sky, and now that it was gone, they missed it. They moved to the brightest lands, trying to escape the darkness.

The humans also missed the sun, but they were hardier and more adaptable than they elves. They merely used the crystal to build numerous lanterns and lights, and hung them in great numbers as they built a village for themselves. This glow was close enough to daylight for them, and they went about surviving as they always did. They had brought cattle and beasts of burden with them, for milk and meat and to help plow their fields. And they had brought the knowledge of agriculture and crops to Aether. Despite their practice of eating meat, many elves gravitated to their light, as did the Halflings, who entertained the men with their music, humor, and ale.

The orcs had the most difficult time adapting, as they were beings of war brought into a world of peace. They didn’t mind the absence of sunlight, as they were fond of hunting at night. Yet it was the absence of battle that chafed with them. They longed for a challenge, something to test their mettle against, and they began to send out raiding parties. Some tried to hunt the Aether dragons, but they almost always were driven off, or worse, humiliated as they were brought back to the camp in shame by the dragons themselves. But most found gratification in attacking settlements of elves or Halflings. They proved to be an unusual, but worthy foe, as their training in Luna’s army served them well. The orcs also found the wayward, aggressive Ta’rai, and began using rituals to capture the spirits and bind them to the orc’s service.

Lastly, some mermaids had also arrived. They went to the rivers and lakes of Aether, bringing with them a few aquatic animals such as fish. At first, living in a world devoid of an aquatic ecosystem was difficult, but the mermaids soon found river plants that grew on the banks that were good to eat. They began building channels and artificial banks to farm the plants as much as they could. Since they were used to living in the depths of water, where the light was dim, they had little trouble adapting to the twilight of Aether, though some pined for the sun.

Luna regarded these myriad of remarkable creatures, grieved that the nameless world was destroyed in pursuit of Astra’ath. She knew Astra’ath was a danger, but to engage in such destruction in the attempts to destroy him? At best, it was a hollow victory. She wrestled with her conscious, and thought on the problem, trying to quell her troubled heart. A distraction soon interrupted her thoughts, as an elysian came to her, telling her that she was sought. Thanking the spirit of light, Luna went to see Garthor.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:48 am »

Garthor bows before the goddess before introducing himself.

Hello Luna, I am the demigod Garthor. My master, Dragnar, has sent me to investigate the killing of the elven girl Aerie in his library. The act must have been committed by a god, no one else could have disguised themselves so well, but he does not know which did it. So I ask: have you have seen any suspicious behavior among the other gods? Or an idea of where I might search next?

------------------

Dragnar retrieves the stone of madness from Coradin, thanking him, before attempting to release the sealed god within.

"Alright mania, I know there's a good chance I'll regret this, but be ready to break free... Now!"

Dragnar creates an opening for mania to escape the stone of madness through.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 15, 2010, 11:48:06 am »

“I’m sorry, Garthor,” Luna said. “I’ve been occupied with saving what I can from the nameless world. My attention has been focused, and I’ve seen little beyond my world and Palad’in’s. Aside from the destruction of the world as Frandor and Astra’ath fought, I have seen little of interest. However, if you wish, I can ask the Elysians scattered about the universe to look for the information you need.”

Meanwhile, the last of the refugees from the nameless world, the cavern dwellers were the fewest in number. Many had been claimed by Astra’ath, and many more were claimed by the earthquakes. Still, there was enough to maintain a culture and a civilization, if just barely. The dimness of Aether comforted them, but being subterranean race, the wide open sky frightened them. Some fled to the forests and hid beneath the canopies, but other found refuge with the dwarves, who shared a similar way of life and whom they had often known before..

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 15, 2010, 11:50:19 am »

"WEEEEEEEE!
Sweet freedom at last! Ahha!"

Mania began to dance, as did every madman everywhere. Several baby binkies fell out of nowhere around Mania, and his footsteps left blood-covered lilies in place of prints. Only after several minutes of celebration did he realize he was completely naked. Mania shrugged and summoned a colorful outfit of many triangles, all sewn together with spinal fluid. Turning to dragnar, he grinned and took the form of a spry young human woman, before giving the librarian a massive, cartoony smooch on the forehead.

Ah, but you both need a gift! Big gift, small gift, happy gift! It is my birthday, and we need gifts!
 Dragnar, happy Dragnar, smart Dragnar, a fork for Dragnar! A good fork, a SPECIAL FORK! This fork will allow you to make many happy musics in honor of this grand day! And the music has a good thing too! For when you play the music, that is when the people, smart people, pitiful people, happy mortals! Yes! They make discoveries when the music is played on the fork!
 Coradin! Brother in arms, brother in swarms! Friend to Mania! End to Mania! For you I have a very special gift, the Napkin of Secrecy! Put the Napkin, the silent napkin, over your little nose, and it makes you invisible to the Unbroken! Those without my blessing shall never see you, and you will be invisible! Even to gods, even to frogs! Invisible! No-one sees, no-one attacks! Magic, Ratchets, Snatch it! No sight for the Napkin! It does not want to be seen!

Mania danced some more, and then dissolved into a pile of smiling dogs, who then dissolved into mist, which disappeared.

Mania creates the Fork of Inspiration, a magical tuning fork that allows mortals to enter a great age of discovery when it's played.

Mania creates the Napkin of Secrecy, a paper napkin that, when pressed against the nose and mouth, allows the wearer to move unseen by even gods.

Mania is traveling towards a empty area of the universe
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56