Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75868 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood
« Reply #645 on: June 06, 2010, 06:00:51 am »

Rage

The first screams of Its cultists reach Astra'ath and it feels rage.

Galt had betrayed them. It was fast losing patience with the antics of these child-gods. It had done Galt a favor, caring for its creations.

No longer.

Astra'ath exerts for the first time its full power on the void. The cavern shakes, the Nameless World rumbles from within, and a pulse expands in every direction at impossible speed.

Every single insect everywhere in the entire universe is slain, instantly and irrevocably, by Astra'ath's fury.

Every one, down to the last tiny beetle in the very last tiny hole on every single world.

All insectoid life ceases, forever.

The cultists will feast tonight.

Astra'ath kills all insects everywhere.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:08:38 am by forsaken1111 »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 06, 2010, 06:02:34 am »

For a moment, Rourke was stunned by the appearance of the strange toothy thing, but regained his composure quickly, glad that the gaping maw wasn't ripping into him.

"Eh, let's go to Aether. Don't ask how I know the name, it just... came to me." The man knew the lame excuse would probably not work, but he'd hate to invoke the wrath of... whoever that was.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 06, 2010, 06:07:52 am »

' Ah, your master has indeed left some knowledge in you, then. Very well, Aether it is.'

The winged being came closer, examining Rourke from every side. Then, with one swift movement, it put it's arms around Rourke and jumped up, sinking it's claws into his flesh. It's powerful wings began to carry it around the Refuge, leaving Rourke helplessly staring at the floor so far below. The Protector followed them with it's gaze for a while before returning to it's normal duties.

After a minute of flying around, the creature flew out of the Refuge and headed towards Aether.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2010, 06:15:53 am »

Gheronaton had returned to the refugium, and there he sat, plotting. He could feel that a storm was coming up- But he was prepared.

"Muster my men." He commanded his second in command.
"All of them, Lord War?" The Firstborn responded.
"All of them."

And now, it`s time to make sure that we win this war. "Send a messenger to Lord Frandor. Tell him that i need his knowledge. Tell him that the matter is important for the fate of us all."

-----

Gheronaton musters all his soldiers in the refugium. All his chosen are given exquisite armor and weapons, and all dragons living in the refugium, too. Then messengers are sent and they shall gather all the giants and all the ferals and all creatures of Incendium willing to fight. (Should be almost every creature^^.) By my godly decree fighting amongst themselves is allowed, but some discipline is to be maintained. They are told that they will soon see more blood than they could hope for. They shall be armoured and armed as well. Then messengers are sent to the dwarves and the elves and those who want to fight are armed as well and brought to the Refuigum.

Also Gheronaton sends a messenger to Frandor, telling him that Gheronaton needs his knowledge.. And that he would be most elated if he could visit him in the Refugium.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:21:33 am by Lordinquisitor »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2010, 06:32:25 am »

Galt senses a blast of power shake the very essence of his being- one designed solely to kill His chosen form, and all its mortal counterparts. They buzz with rage and opportunity.
They appear to have touched a nerve.

Sensing a political victory in this tragedy, Galt buzzed another psychic tone, this time throughout the Universe, to all Gods.

Do you sense that? That is the hypocritical response to the justified negation of an agreement. Astra'ath have destroyed an entire phylum throughout the universe, for the lives of a few humans. The Ka'Aree are dead. The planets will die; what will pollinate their plants? What will feed their birds?. Their Bugs, who were admittedly a threat, have been erased, even the ones within Chara's Sphere. Astra'Ath has done this for the lives of a few humans. To those of you who remain neutral: Do you truly wish for such an impulsive, destructive God to be loose in your universe? To those who see reason: Help Them in any way you can. To those who collaborate with the Scourge: You are already dead.

Galt condense their form; the dragonflies adopt a close formation, wingtip to monofilament wingtip. This mass of divine exoskeleton that is Galt accelerates through space, reaching Astra'ath's armada and punching clean through a cruiser, edged wings and gnashing mandibles crashing through immaterial shields and shells, vapourising the contained Starspawn, leaving behind a mist of frozen red droplets, sparkling like miniature suns in the light of the armada. Galt wheel around for another pass, this time aiming for the Entropy.

Things are going to be much less complex once They're done with them.

Galt send a message to all Gods, and physically attack (i.e. with their own form, not a divine act) Astra'ath's armada

EDIT: im in ur posts detypoin ur badass quips
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #650 on: June 06, 2010, 06:45:04 am »

Entropy's battle screens activate, overlapping energy fields of destructive energy designed to keep our or annihilate any matter that contacts them, and to filter incoming energy input down to a minimum and disperse it harmlessly away from the hull.

Plasma cannonade snap up and swivel to bear on the incoming insect mass, kinetic cannon unlimber as targeting sensors lock on. Drones buzz from hanger bays and take up a defensive posture, the longest range missiles fly from their racks on rapid launch and begin seeking targets as they enter the engagement envelope.

And suddenly the space between the mighty ship and the incoming being exploded with munitions. Kinetic rounds fly, plasma cannon belch bolts hotter than the core of a star, drones harry and harass using smaller cutting and projectile weaponry. The other ships in the armada join the fray, focusing all of their stupendous firepower on a single target.

Sothurn walks calmly across Entropy's deck, his sword at the ready, prepared to meed this god in combat.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:49:22 am by forsaken1111 »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 06, 2010, 06:48:38 am »

As the man left the Refuge, he felt a thrill quite unlike any he'd ever felt before. The pain from the thing's talons digging into his arms didn't hurt so much, and the cold void of space seemed to be utterly terrifying. The strangest thing that occurred to the man was the fact that he was wasn't dying of asphyxiation. He felt fine, and decided to simply enjoy the flight, uttering a whoop of pure joy.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 06, 2010, 06:49:16 am »

Gheronaton felt the battle raging. What he would have given to fight at Galts side.. But it was too early, he still had to prepare something.

So he sat in his hall, waiting for frandor, and felt how the conflict empowered him.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 06, 2010, 06:56:33 am »

Galt manipulated the enrgy of the fusillade, catching the flame and superheated matter and catching it up in Their ethereal bow-wave, forming a burning arrow of segmented vengeance that hit Sothurn directly in the stomach, carrying him from the Entropy and hurling him through space. Still far from destroyed, Sothurn flailed wildly and span away from the Entropy as Galt span for yet another pass.

Get a grip, muttered the swarm of flame-wreathed dragonflies.

Galt catch the Entropy's fire and use it as a defensive weapon, then knock Sothurn off the Entropy and into deep space- without destroying him.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 06, 2010, 07:06:04 am »

Gheronaton eyed the black substance sceptically. While mustering his armies the Firstborn had learned about a addicting drug, called "Death`s brew" by the ferals. It seemed to transform the consumer into an fearless berserker, who felt no pain. "It must be created by some spawn of one of my brothers.." He mused. "Seems like we have a new inhabitant on incendium. And a new weapon. Gather and store as much of it as possible. Organize the already addicted into berserker squads."

Gheronaton orders to store as much of it as possible and orders that the addicted are organized in berserker squads.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #655 on: June 06, 2010, 07:09:41 am »

Sothurn regained his composure, spreading his massive metallic wings and propelling himself towards the god. He would not fail Astra'ath, not again. His molten blood sang with battle, his heart beat with the strength of the elements. His blade burned with the Righteous Fury of his soul. This is what he was made for, and Sothurn Godslayer went about his work with glee. He could feel the approval of distant Astra'ath and he rejoiced. He may one day be forgiven the sin of failure.

Sothurn hacks his way into the swarm, his divine blade burning brighter with every swing. Its impossible edge holds despite the constant attacks, and it splatters molten lead across the wings and eyes of the insects. Even when the fleet regains target lock and the space all around him erupts with immensely powerful energy blasts as their firepower is redirected, he does not slow in his duty. He stands at the heart of the inferno, a righteous symbol of his god's wrath. This one had wronged Astra'ath, more than any other. Betrayal could only be salved by blood, and blood he would have... or die trying.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 06, 2010, 07:11:31 am »

In the refugim, Frandor appeared, responding to the call of Gheronaton. Its surface was covered with a swirling array of images, each depicting some aspect og Astra'ath's forces. Any mortal eyes would have been taken in by it, their minds eventually broken at the imagery on its surface. As it spoke, hues of blue and red came over its surface.

Respond. Battle, war.
Frandor has come to respond to your call. Astra'ath has begun his attack. Galt has already suffered greatly. Although the original plan was to evacuate those on the nameless planet, we fear that we have no time for this. The battle is upon us. Are you ready to do what must be done?

Chara starts to move towards the nameless world

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 06, 2010, 07:18:36 am »

Gheronaton welcomed Frandor, looking at his surface, watching it and astra`aths works for some time. It was indeed time to act.

I`m glad that you are here. I`m ready to do what needs to be done.. But my armies are not. Astra`ath has ships that are able to fly through the space and horros beyond count. I need such ships as well. You are the god of machines and i wonder whether you could give me the knowledge necessary to build such ships of my own.
He paused for a moment. "And then i require knowledge about enhancements for my warriors. Mechanical enhancements. I want to make them faster, bolder, stronger.  I have Iron enough on Ferraria to make my visions come true.. I just require some knowledge. Also Blueprints, if possible. My Ironborn are skilled workers but they have no imagination.. They need clear orders."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:23:12 am by Lordinquisitor »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:15 am »

Realising that no help is apparent, Galt split into three, escaping Sothurn's rampaging blade and confusing the fleet's targetting. The three smaller swarms pluck the souls of the Starspawn that constituted the destroyed cruiser from the void, and merge them together into a corporeal beast of shifting mindfields. They loose this beast upon the fleet, watching as it takes the form of a miniature Astra'ath, and its tentacles sieze fighters and hurl them into neighbouring ships.

Have a taste of you own medicine, then.

Galt reform into one mass, and set off for the Refuge, to warn Coradin, and regroup- even to release Mania, if necessary.

Galt turn the souls of the Starspawn from the cruiser They destroyed into a Soul Golem, and set it upon the Fleet to cover their escape. They go to the Refuge, and regroup.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #659 on: June 06, 2010, 07:25:45 am »

In the depths of the void, a crystalline asteroid is suddenly pushed out of orbit by a venting of gas through a small hole in its side. Within the gem, something begins to move... a shadow within its depths. The orbital alteration is extremely subtle, likely unnoticed or written off as a coincidental collision in the asteroid belt. Its trajectory was carefully chose, however, as was its timing.

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

The fleet is confused, first by the split of the swarm and then the attacking monstriousity. All firepower is turned upon the soul golem.

Sothurn watches the god flee before him and is empowered. His first victory over a divine foe... and with luck, not his last. His wounds and scrapes begin to mend and he turns towards the armada. With his help, the fleet eventually dispatches the tentacled horror and his blade drinks deeply of the souls of his former kin.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 56