Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75876 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood
« Reply #630 on: June 06, 2010, 01:52:32 am »

The nightgaunt Elegáns follows quietly along behind Màquines, waiting for her to do as she pleases, she is the god here after all, but always ready to answer a question or guide her to a specific topic.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 06, 2010, 04:06:57 am »

The Protector stared at the human for a while. He had adjusted faster than he had expected.

'My master... no, you don't need to know. He tries his best to protect this realm, but sometimes his methods may seem a little... extreme. And he's... not entirely stable.' He paused, staring at his feet. Oh well... ' For me, I am the Protector of the Refuge. I have no other name, and have no desire for one. Especially not that.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 06, 2010, 04:23:01 am »

"So, Protector..." The Marine still thought he looked like a Herb.  "So, your boss, he protects his... realm. From what?" The man raises an eyebrow as he looks up at the stone dragon, who seemed quite unbothered by his leaning on him.

"I mean, I don't see any bad shit. I guess I'm... naive to this whole shebang. Enlighten me, Herby. Hell, I'm not going anywhere soon." He sits down, using the formidable Protector's foreleg as a backrest.

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

On the world whose inhabitants were forged in the crucibles of war, the Reaver flourished. It fed off the fears of the dying, and the myriad tribes made great sport. The byproduct of its constant feedings, taking the form of black sludge, began to accumulate in large amounts, especially near battlefields. The Ferals brave enough to touch it found it to be a powerful drug. Warriors who ingested it experienced bouts of unstoppable rage, and seemed to be unfazed by pain of any sort. Even the loss of limb did not faze these bezerkers.

Some Ferals discover the magical substance known colloquially as Death's Brew, a byproduct of the Reaver consuming the fear of many. When ingested, one is unaffected by pain, even to the point of death. The warriors who ingest it are a potent psychological weapon on the fields of war, as they do not fear anything, although Death's Brew is highly addictive and slowly kills the user by eventually killing the nervous system and rendering the user insane. If injected into the bloodstream, it is fatal, and is also used as a posion.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 06, 2010, 04:32:53 am »

'I guess there would be no harm in telling you.'A quick, and simple explanation, that was. 'This realm is, as I said, quite young. The gods had only started on their work when the being called Astra'ath came. Astra'ath is a monster, something that shouldn't exist at all. The gods are all against him, with a few unfortunate exceptions, and planning a strike. We have let him run free for too long. This isn't really your concern, though. Unless your master wishes to use you in the battle against, you do not need to know more.' He growled. 'And stop calling me that.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 06, 2010, 04:40:59 am »

"Sure thing, Protector." The man stresses the last word almost sarcastically. He smiles as he lights another cigarette, putting out the other one under the heel of his boot. The smoke drifts up into the air like a smoke signal, curling slightly.

"So Her- I mean, Protector," The Corporal smiled, "this Astra'ath dude wants to fuck your shit up, and most of your boss's buddies are all gonna fight against him?" The man pauses for a moment. "Man, if you're just the security guard of this place, I'd hate to see the other guys."

"Hey, is there a library or something in the neighborhood? If I'm here, I'd guess some knowledge would do me wonders. You know what they say, information is power. Or, if you know more about 'em, I'd love a little rundown on the who's who around here."
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 06, 2010, 04:48:58 am »

The Protector shook his head.

'There is a place of great knowledge, but, unless you can breathe in the void, you cannot get to there. I could carry you, or the Furies, but I do not think humans can survive in space. Do correct me if I'm wrong.'

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 06, 2010, 04:50:01 am »

The Refuge seemed to bend and twist in front of Rourke's eyes, and a form without form, shady and misty, but ever so clear, appeared in front of Rourke, visible to him only.

A most promising character.

Personality/Stature.

Curious/Bold

I have no subordinates.

Rourke's body was filled with a slight itch, and then a strange, alien sensation: Cold and hot, empty and fulfilled, strong and weak.

I will watch over you.

You are interesting.

Remember the name of Xarn, and remember silence as well.

Think of me, and I will speak to you.

Within an instant, Rourke's senses returned to normal, and he felt the same as before.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:56:49 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 06, 2010, 04:54:47 am »

"We're in space?!" The Marine looked up at the stone dragon thing, his mouth wide open. "Shit, this is getting weirder by the second." He shakes his head. "Well, I guess I'm stuck here, eh Protector?"

When the alien sensation runs over him, the cigarette drops from the man's mouth. Tentatively, he thinks:

Who are you? Why do you think I'm so... interesting?

He pauses for a moment.

Can you give me some information, and a means to get the fuck outta here?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 06, 2010, 05:01:11 am »

Stay calm, remain.

You are in the Refuge of the gods. You are safe.

An interest in you I take, because you were banished. Banished from life. I too, have been banished. I am the bringer of Void. An interest in you I take, because you were abandoned. Abandoned by the god that brought you back to live, and perhaps even by somebody else. Did anybody else abandon you to your fate?

I am also known as the traitor, which saddens me. I have many shapes, many forms..

I could even be you.

I want you to meet my daughter, but I can not act. I need to remain secret, hidden, stealthy.

You of all should know what I mean.

Talk to the protector about Aether...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:12:33 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 06, 2010, 05:07:12 am »

Alright, you're the boss. He pauses uncomfortably. I hope you got a pretty powerful cell or something, cause I got no means to get... hell, anywhere.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #640 on: June 06, 2010, 05:17:39 am »

On the surface of the Nameless World, many more starspawn gather. Already their fighters, frigates and destroyers litter the sky but larger groups are forming now, and larger constructs are projected from them. The mirror-bright hulls reflect the evening light and bright clouds as the sun sets. As night falls, the ships glow with an inner light and a faint tracery resembling veins runs throughout their forms.

Many cruisers take shape, lifting off under their own power, each crewed and maintained by six Starspawn. Here and there a battle cruiser forms, outfitted with siege weaponry for piercing heavy shields and armor, with 8 starspawn at their core. These ships were huge in comparison to the destroyers and frigates, made for line duty and outfitted to withstand punishing barrages before faltering and withdrawing for repairs. Their surfaces blister with weapon emplacements, redundant shield generators, armor plating and drone bays housing dozens of autonomous drone fighters.

Finally a group of twelve link hands and begin weaving a construct of force and thought which dwarfs all others, even the nearby mountains are small by comparison. A stream of divine energy is woven into their craft-song as the fields solidify around them, lending Astra'ath's godly power to its construction. Its hull is a cliff face formed of armor plating, and kinetic weapons larger than most spaceports make up its main armament. A line of plasma cannonade runs along its flanks, capable of projecting a punishing amount of firepower to all sides. Missile launch points, drone bays, sensors and anti-personnel blisters cover its hull. But all of this pales in comparison to its main weapon. Down the center of the ship runs a deep shaft which leads directly to the core. When the weapon is primed, the twelve starspawn channel all of their might into its chamber and bring forth a beam of annihilation so intense it could render a planet into a cinder. This final construct lifts slowly from the surface, the force of its engines sending shivers deep into the core of the mountains nearby and causing rockslides for miles around. This is an instrument crafted for a single purpose, and its name is Entropy.

Sothurn stands upon the upper deck of Entropy as it lifts from the atmosphere. His burning sword blazes with channeled fury, the divine energy animating his body pulses and sings with the glory of the coming battle. Their objective... the stone of madness. The fleet oriented on a distant speck of light and engines pushed against the void. A small contingent of fighters and frigates remain behind to honor Astra'ath's deal to help defend the Nameless world, but the bulk of the fleet moves on. Space warps around them as their engines stress the void, clawing at it, pulling themselves along at speeds that such massive objects should not reach.

Astra'ath spends an act to bolster Entropy's construction, allowing it and its crew to achieve heights far beyond even their extraordinary levels. The ship itself has become an artifact and a symbol.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 05:23:34 am by forsaken1111 »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 06, 2010, 05:24:13 am »

No words phase into Rourke's mind for what seems to be a century, but then the voice, deep but vibrating heavily, speaks again.

It has been taken care of. Tell the Protector that humans can breathe in the void.

For now, I can not bless you any further. I need to feast.

Slowly, Rourke's lungs seem to collapse, in a terrible pain. His breathing is hampered, and his body shivers. Then, as his vision gets filled with the many colors of a sailor's death, he can breathe again. Different than before, his lungs seem more powerful. Even stranger is that even when he stops actively breathing, his lungs seem to continue working.

Xarn binds Rourke's lungs to breathe from the essence itself.
Xarn gives Rourke the ability to resist voidbite.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:50:12 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 06, 2010, 05:29:15 am »

Sure thing.

Edward turned to the Protector. The man realized that the whole thing had taken an instant, that hardly any time has passed.

"Hey, Herb, I've got a feeling that I could stand the atmosphere." The man grins cockily.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:17 am »

Seeing Astra'ath's fleet leaving the Nameless World, Galt decided to act. A telepathic burst of a scale as yet unknown to this young universe, directed straight at the Nameless World, echoed through the void, compelling those Bugs left in the holding pens and wild caverns of Astra'ath's domain to find blood, and spill it. The first herder-cultist still hadn't registered what had happened to him as he was vivisected by a chitinous jaw.

Floating silently in the Void, Galt buzz to themselves; Maximal gain for minimal effort. They sometimes wish They were a god of come-uppance.

Galt telepathically regain control of their Bugs, and command them to hunt down and kill Astra'ath's cultists. The bugs kept for a food supply are already wreaking localised havoc, but the swarms that were banished to the higher caves are making their way back downwards.

Galt also makes a snarky remark to himself (hopefully it doesn't take any Acts :P)
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 06, 2010, 05:57:46 am »

The human seemed so confident. If he wanted to go outside, he could go outside. The Protector hoped the poor man would indeed survive.

'Very well. Do you still wish to head for the place of knowledge, or do you have a new destination in mind?'

While he spoke, he summoned one of the Furies from outside. The winged beast dropped down from the ceiling, eyed them suspiciously and grinned, revealing rows and rows of incredibly sharp and tiny teeth.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 56