Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75873 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #615 on: June 05, 2010, 08:47:27 am »

The Protector nodded. He felt unsure about giving this man the food of the gods at first, but had to push those thoughts down. There was nothing else in the Refuge but for the carcasses the Furies devoured, and it would not take his master much effort to produce more of these meals.
Commanded by his thoughts, a plate carrying half of some exotic animal, roasted and covered in strange spices and a glass of wine hovered from a side corridor, stopping next to the human. He hoped the human would not be affected... strangely by the meal. It had not been meant for mortals.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 05, 2010, 09:19:22 am »

For a few seconds, the man stared at the floating plate, wondering if he should take it. His hunger won out in the end, and the man tentatively took it.

Being a Marine, Rourke had learned to eat nasty food, and that was what he expected the weird meat was. This, however, was not. The meat was succulent, cooked just right and spiced with... hell if the soldier knew. And the wine, good God, the wine! The taste reminded Rourke of those warm summer days where he'd spent lazy afternoons sipping flat beer. In short, pure bliss.

"Damn, this is some fancy shit." The man leaned on the bulk of the Protector, the plate in his hand. Seeing as he had been given no utensils, the man's combat knife had to do. The tempered steel was already running with the juices of the animal, and the man was tempted to lick it up. When he was done, he set it down on the floor, stifled a burp, and patted his stomach.

"Thanks, man." He smiled at the thing. "Now, where the fuck am I?"
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 05, 2010, 09:29:47 am »

The man had been quick with the meal. The plate hovered up again and disappeared into the side corridor.

'This is the Refuge, a place of negotiations and meetings of gods. Created by my master, the god Coradin. Outside... is the rest of the world. This is a very young world, and yet it is already threatened.'
He paused. Would the human understand?
'Ah... it may be difficult to explain it fully. This is a place of peace, however. If you will just wait here for your master, I am sure all will be explained. In time.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 05, 2010, 09:43:20 am »

Mania was in a ship. Not a nice ship, with holes and skulls and japanese people running around trying to fix his things, but a bad one, with aliens and an airtight hull. This would not do!

Focusing the energy he had built up, Mania sent an envoy to the Refuge, looking for the other gods. All he saw was the protector having a nice conversation with some human male in a combat outfit 2000 years ahead of time.

Well, the protector might help right? WRONG!

The envoy ran as fast as he could out of the Refuge, carrying what was left of his burnt bum in his hands. Quickly, he headed to where Galt was floating, but the god was sleeping, and so the envoy had to look for another. He ran to many gods, only to find them unresponsive at best. As a last resort, the Envoy headed to Aether, and carefully approached Luna...

"Right, umm, Luna?" The envoy said tenatively.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 05, 2010, 10:43:07 am »

Luna sighed, and knelt at the side of the dead Aether dragon. Even as she provided solace for the slain, one of the Rhea alighted nearby. Clutching the essence of the dragon’s spirit, it took to the sky, and flew for the gentle light of Maia. Luna’s thoughts drifted though, she wondered who had sent that shade. Disturbingly, it resembled one of the Chained One’s creations, but that made little sense. She was on the verge of joining the gods to fight Astra’ath, whom the Chained one feared greatly. It was illogical for him to turn on his allies, and Luna suspected trickery.

She was disturbed from her thoughts as an envoy approached. Luna rose, and turned to face the being that timidly came into her presence. “Greetings, little one. You need not fear me. Speak,” Luna said, studying the mortal. There was an influence upon it’s mind, and an inflection in it’s voice that Luna felt familiar.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 05, 2010, 12:33:24 pm »

Yeah, I, um, have a question. You're probably not going to like it..."
The envoy scratched at the earth with his foot, making a triangle with circles at each point in the dust. The symbol seemed to twist, and inexplainably made anyone who looked at it want to giggle. It bespoke the good side of chaos, the light provided by fire, and the freedom inherent in anarchy.

It was the symbol of Mania.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 05, 2010, 12:58:20 pm »

"Go ahead," Luna said gently, even as she recognized the influence on the envoy, and the symbol he was creating in the crystalline sand. This being came on the behalf of Mania. Luna wondered what drove this god to address her. Did he even know she intended to hunt him down, for the fate of the destroyed village? Perhaps he was trying to make amends. Or perhaps this was merely an unpredictable fluke of a mad mind. "I will listen to the mad god's questions. But don't worry, even if I choose not to answer, I will not hold his creations to account for his wrongs. You may speak freely to me."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 05, 2010, 01:36:50 pm »

"Right, well, I'm not here on my own power...

You see, Mania made a mistake. On purpose, I'm sure, but a mistake none the less. He... She... Mania is trapped. All he needs is for someone to open a window, and he has enough power to realease himself  if someone does.

He promises a strong alliance to anyone who does realease him, and all races beneath their control immunity to his divine touch."

The envoy bows, and then dissolves into a pile of tiny, smileing shields. The symbol drawn in the sand grows wide, and a maelstrom of color erupts into a column, rising far into the air.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 05, 2010, 08:22:01 pm »

"Sure, sure." The man fumbled with his various pockets, and found his pack of cigarettes, thank God. His lighter, an old beat up Zippo lighter his dad had given him, was still on him as well. He lit it up, and took a drag.

"Damn, this is some weird shit. You said your boss was a... a god, right? So what's he like?"

"Also, what do I call you? You look like a Herb, but I dunno..." The man shrugged, his cigarette hanging from his lip.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 05, 2010, 09:51:39 pm »

We could give you many things.
it would help if we knew something that you want.
currently the main thing we could give is a retreat of sorts.
Possibly for the reason of having a bolthole as far away from the current... unpleasantness... as possible.
we could also supply you with a sample of the resulting organism.
of course, if you would rather not part with your creation, we would understand that.
we would end up with the same result.
this would be faster, however.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #625 on: June 05, 2010, 10:42:18 pm »

On Savoia, Elegáns drifts quietly in the breeze close at hand. He looks silently towards the heavens, as though observing some distant happening.

so far away, and yet I can feel Them...

He turns to Màquines, the shadowy hood still empty though his life force was visible to her divine eyes.

do you feel it great lady? the tension is rising, soon there will be war

our master grows restless, the child-gods make threats

our master is gathering all its power, we fear for Them.

He sounds worried, but then shakes his head.

that is not my concern. I am here at your disposal. you were curious about this world, if you like I could show you the library.

Dragnar has an extensive collection of knowledge.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 05, 2010, 10:52:50 pm »

Pacing his library, Dragnar has an idea. A way to find the one who killed Aerie.

"If the one who did this knows how to evade godly senses, then perhaps more direct means will work. I shall need someone to search the worlds, seeking any clue they can find. I need a demigod." he mutters.

He forms the ether into a humanoid shape, then begins to add details to his new being. It stands roughly five feet tall, with a very simple body. Two arms, two legs, a head with the usual facial features, but the entire body is smooth and silvery, looking almost as if it were merely a metal cast of a creature. Inside it is even simpler, a central core contains the mind and a magical organ that keeps it alive by drawing power from the ether itself, the rest of the body merely a shell used to move about. The one notable feature is more subtle: it's mind is superior to anything created yet, except perhaps the scholars. Psychic powers subconsciously move the shell-body and allow speech, as well as giving it the ability to use illusions to disguise itself if necessary and to sense lies or partial truths from other intelligent creatures. More invasive mental attacks are possible, but draining, and only used as a last resort.

"Awaken my creation. Awaken Garthor. I have need of your abilities."

The being begins to move, animating as a stream of information teaches it everything that is happening in the universe.

"I need you to search the worlds and question their peoples. I must know who has attacked someone under my protection. Travel where you will, just be sure to report anything you find back to me."

A most interesting situation. You need not ask twice, I too seek the answer to this conundrum. Though I suppose that is your doing as well... but I would rather not get into the meaning of free will. Farewell Creator, I believe I shall begin with the elves of Aether.(too many colors already. Garthor will speak in comic sans!)

"An excellent choice, Luna is likely to be one of the more cooperative gods. Take this, just in case. You will know what it does."

Dragnar's weapon returns to it's smaller bracelet form and flies through the air onto Garthor's wrist. In an instant the information is transferred along with the device and Garthor enters one of the many portals near the entrance, leading to Aether's fortress.

Dragnar creates Garthor, a demigod with powerful psychic abilities. He also gives it the device that destroyed Astra'ath's dark blade.(I'm hoping he gets a chance to REALLY show off it's powers.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 06, 2010, 12:58:32 am »

Màquines eyed the dejected Nightgaunt. She turned to face the same heavens, "I feel it as well, though I know little of what it means, and would wish to learn. Would you please take me to the library?"
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #628 on: June 06, 2010, 01:26:05 am »

Elegáns reached out to touch the goddess's shoulder and took her with him through the dream realm that gaunts travel. They are assaulted from all sides by mortal dreams, confused images and discordant sounds, irrational conversations, impossible landscapes. The gaunt seems unconcerned with this beautiful and alien display, instead focusing on a pulsing nexus ahead. They come out of the dream world at the entryway to Dragnar's library.

Dragnar! The gaunt calls out, you have a visitor.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 06, 2010, 01:38:06 am »

Dragnar appears from behind a nearby pile of books to greet his visitors.

"Hmm? Ah, you must be one of the newer gods. Welcome to my library, you may do as you like here so long as you do not start any fights."

On the planet Aether Garthor emerges from the fortress, apparently untouched by the traps and guardians within. He walks to the nearest elven settlement and approaches the first elf he sees.

Hello good citizen of Aether. Do you know how I might find the goddess Luna?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56