Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75887 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #570 on: May 28, 2010, 01:01:08 pm »

“Stay your anger Gheronaton. The laughter of Astra’ath will be our only reward if we fight among ourselves here.” The Elysian said, serving as the voice for Luna. “And Dragnar, Alex would have received much more, had not the arrival of Astra’ath given me more pressing concerns than vengance. He is dead now, by his own hand, and retribution is pointless. I won’t hold his creations responsible for the crimes of a foolish god. But do not think that because one attack escaped punishment, that I will allow others. Even now, I have prepared myself to face the mad god, once I find where he is hiding.”

“As for astra’ath’s intentions, he stated them plainly enough before he arrived. Let me tell you a little of what his voice said before he broke into this reality:

Fear the Coming. Fear the Word. Death we bring you. Death and stillness. Death and silence.

Mortal beings, Gods alike. Death will find you, take your fright.

He had many such similar words, and he sent me a vision of my creations destroyed and corrupted. His intentions then seemed plain, and he has done little to change my mind since his arrival.”

<><><><><><>

Having finished her barrier of stars, Luna went to Refuge. The elysian spokesperson would do for the meeting of the gods. Right now, she was concerned about Peona and her brother. She had just received word that Astra’ath had visited Refuge, and Luna feared what the chaotic god might have done to them.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 28, 2010, 03:14:43 pm »

Time was still draining. Going. Going. Gone. He remembered his old self, his old creations... he had almost achieved paradise, almost had stopped...

Aarrook reawakened. Ozymi was not nearly as large, although size was just distorted. It was still going to collide with the black star. He fixed that, and left.

A meeting had been called. For what? He did not care. Astra’ath was still alive. A beast that is unstoppable. A beast, that would die if tamed. Or, to explain the metaphor, to annialate it. But a weapon was needed. The Soulblade? Too small, it could not harm Astra’ath severely, it was risky to attack it directly. Directly... or not? Couldn't he just attack Indirectly? No, it was too risky... unless he made an agumentation. Just like a prism will extend light in many directions, which can then be refocused, the same yet different. A lens to focus a weapon, but what is the ammunition? That would be for later. Now, Aarrook would begin to prepare the greatest weapon of all time...

"Ragnaroc, hear my words! You are go to the meeting of the gods to spread a message!"

---------------------------------------------

Ragnaroc flew in on the meeting. The gods were among themselves, some planing, some arguing. All it had to do is to reveal this:

"The Dawn is not far off. May the stars find the secret within its well."

Aarrook alters Ozymi, making its orbit go as a ring around the center of the black star and Elan. Said orbit will alter as the suns move.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 28, 2010, 06:05:47 pm »

Quietly, Luna walked through the halls of refuge, glancing this way and that as she searched amid the majestic stone pillars. Her footsteps quietly echoing off the smooth marble and obsidian. She was ill at ease for some reason, there was an odor lingering in the air that gave her a sense of worry. A faint smell of rot, of corruption. It concerned her, but yet it seemed familiar. A moment later, she traced the memory to it’s source. Astra’ath. Her concern coalesced into a sharp fear, and her slow steps became a sprinting run, as she drew her rapier.

She ran into the great throne room, where she had gathered to speak with the gods before. She didn’t see any gods, but Poena lay upon the floor unconscious. Dropping her rapier, she ran and knelt by Poena’s side. Gently, she placed a hand upon Poena’s brow, to look into her dreams and see what had happened. Luna breathed a sigh of relief, Poena was merely exhausted from Xarn using her as a voice. Still, to come so close to the devouring one, Luna’s heart went out to the poor girl.

After a moment, she looked up, to see Phaedron nearby, holding Poena’s little brother. “Shade of the voidwalker, Bring the infant and come with me. I’m no longer convinced that it is safe for Poena and her sibling to stay here. Aether is well protected, she will be safe there while she recovers.” Luna said, gently picking up Poena in her arms. Her own sword she returned to it’s scabbard. Ertanon, however, she dare not touch directly, but just encased it in crystal and hovered it beside herself.

<><><><><>

It was interesting, Bhulotha thought, how the skills from two life times ago returned so readily. He drew on the experience of his time as a feral, the skill in ambushing, tracking, and hunting he gained one day at a time on the harsh world. Granted, it was somewhat harder to be stealthy as a plague dragon, but their keen sense of smell and skill with flight more than made up for it. Quietly, he soared after his quarry, a small orc hunting party, following them as they got farther and farther from the orc’s main war camp.

As they entered an isolated thicket of undergrowth, Bhulotha judged the time was right. He dove and landed with a heavy thump behind them. The orcs spun, just four of them, and gaped at Bhulotha’s hideous might. But just for a moment, as their brutish courage returned. Bellowing war cries, they charged brandishing spears and axes.

Bhulotha just smirked. He lashed out with his tail, smashing into the orcs, and knocking them flying. They landed in the thick underbrush. As they struggled to free themselves, Bhulotha strode up to them and pinned them down with strong claws.

Cease your struggles. If I came for meat, you would be dead already.” Bhulotha said, holding down the orcs. “I only wish to speak. Long ago, I was once like you. Commanded by my god to fight and kill, yet given no aid to do so. Many of my kin died pointlessly, for the amusement of some distant uncaring god. But then I found the great one. He commands me to kill, but he made me strong, and granted me boons. He uses us for a purpose, and not just to enjoy our deaths.

And now, the same opportunity is offered to you. Carve this symbol upon yourself, and Astra’ath will give you power and purpose. Refuse…well, let us just say that refusal is very unwise.” Bhulotha said, stepping back, and letting the orcs up. They looked at one another hesitantly. Eventually, one drew a dagger, and carved the symbol of astra’ath upon the back of his hand. The other three quickly followed suit. Bhulotha nodded.

Welcome to the service of the Great One. Come, and I will show you where he resides.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 29, 2010, 01:59:44 am »

Alex's plague? Had the strange god caused all that death?
Thoughts for a later time, though. Coradin had to focus now.

' Pala'din does not care for his mortals. Thus we can go through with your plan. I had, ah, hoped I would not have to break my word so soon, but I will lend my Valkyries to aid you. If we do not get Astra'ath with this strike though, I fear he will first seek revenge upon me.'

He would also visit the Morai, and see if he could bring their warriors back with them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #574 on: May 29, 2010, 02:06:30 am »

In his cavern lair, Astra'ath felt uneasy. It did not know why, but something was coming. Something bad.

It pours godly power into the Spawning Pools, vastly increasing the rate of birth and growth of its Starspawn. The first generation would be ready in days now, not months, and would be born fully trained and competent.

Sothurn paces the cavern restlessly, picking up its master's agitation.

Astra'ath invests an Act into the Spawning Pools and accelerates and educates its first generation of Starspawn.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 29, 2010, 09:49:48 am »

Again, if the Nameless World is seriously injured, Palad'in will retaliate.  If you feel the need to destroy everything to prevent Astra'ath from destroying everything, do not involve us.
If you launch an attack on the Nameless World, use a precision instrument away from population centers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:35:59 pm by Canalan »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 30, 2010, 08:38:35 pm »

Somewhere in the stone of madness, Mania yawned. All of the sudden the Universe felt less... Dead.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2010, 08:19:18 am »

The critical time draws near. Soon we shall launch our attack. Have we any modifications to the plan? Are there any matters you would like to discuss?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2010, 11:15:11 am »

Natus had been called by his sibling, Frandor to a meeting to discuss Astra'ath. He knew their purpose, they were moving to destroy the corrupt god as quickly as possible. Natus had no doubt Frandor would use everything in his power to stop Astra'ath, even if it meant destroying the nameless world and all its inhabitants. His actions towards Elan's World proved that. Natus himself was simply far too busy to attend the meeting, there was too much to prepare for to assist in any attack. He would send a Shifter in his place.

-----------------------------

At the meeting of the gods, a strange robed entity appeared from the essence. A shifter, newly brought to this universe to serve both Natus and Xarn. The extra joint in his leg led to a strange gait as he entered, though his robes covered his long and frail body.

Addressing the other gods and messengers he bowed his head, "I am Dral'tool, I have been selected by my master Natus to serve as a liason while he is indisposed. He instructed me to let you know that he will be unavailable for any sort of attack on Astra'ath until receiving guidance from Xarn. His army and his work, is not yet complete. He also warns that Astra'ath is powerful and an attack right now may lead to great casualties on both sides with little gain for either. Be cautious."

-----------------------------

Back on Natus, now was the time to begin raising an army proper. But no current race in this universe was quite right for Natus and his desires. He would need a race that could be utterly loyal. Willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of their species and for Natus. While he knew no race was incorruptible, especially when there were other gods about, he would take steps to make it more difficult.

Once more Natus began searching the void for lost races, inspired by the tales in 'Origins, one race stuck out in particular that Father Nature thought would suit him and this universe quite well. The Ka'a'ree.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Plucking the souls of the Ka'a'ree Queen and her colony from the void took some effort for Natus, but as he brought them into this world, he crafted bodies for them, molding them from the essence. They would serve him well as workers. But they would need more tools, and transport to other planets so they could spread his work for Natus. For that he would need to conjure the Star Flowers, and the War Beetles.

Natus smiled as he watched his new minions from atop the Spire of Xarn. Already the Ka'a'ree were toiling away on their new colony. While most were busy carving out a new underground home for their Queen, several of the mystics attending to the newly-grown Star Flowers, which despite the frigid temperatures, seemed to be adapting quite nicely to the world. The mystics would ensure that the seed pods that they launched would be directed towards planets they could land on and make new colonies, to expand their future brood.

It would be some time before there was any semblance of an army, but it was a good start. Together with the Shifters that were busy preparing the Spire of Xarn, Natus felt confident there was sufficient protection around him, and his tower. Through the deep seeded thoughts of secrecy and paranoia, Natus looked up towards the sky and couldn't help but hope that Xarn was pleased with his work.

ACT 2: Natus summons the Ka'a'ree from the void
ACT 3: Natus summons Star Flowers from the void
ACT 4: Natus summons War Beetles from the void

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2010, 12:03:35 pm »

"There is, Frandor," The Elysian said, channeling Luna's voice and will. "I ask that you give us time to evacuate those living upon the world, who are not yet corrupted by Astra'ath. There is space and food for them upon Aether, and my world is well protected. I will not allow another attempted slaughter like what happened on Elan's world. Don't destroy the innocent along with the guilty. Their fear will only serve to strengthen Astra'ath."

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »

Palad'in warns you: any god that meddles in his affairs will be dealt with.  Severely.
He also regrets to say that he must leave this meeting, but I will remain in His stead.

Palad'in, along with his two guards, left the god's meeting.  There was something that needed to be done.
So far, he had refrained from pulling futuristic technology from the Veil; not any more.  His world was under imminant attack, and he needed to make drastic preperations.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 01, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »

Dragnar shifts most of Ozymi's mass into higher spacial dimensions. - One act

Sothurn is killed.

Luna delivers an ultimatum to the nightgaunts on Aether. Basically, leave Astra’ath and stop making nightmares or leave Aether. - No acts
Luna sends some Aether dragons to construct a gate to Aether on the forest plate to let the elves return home. - One act

Gheronaton orders his firstborn to forge an artifact for him. - No acts
Gheronaton enchants his artifact. - Three acts
Gheronaton gives the dwarves weapons and armor. One act
Gheronaton orders his firstborn to teach the dwarves how to smith and how to wage war.
Gheronaton declares dependency on battle and worship.

Astra'ath takes the souls of the fallen Vanguard and plants them in the first generation of Starspawn to be born. - One act
Astra'ath saves Sothurns soul from destruction, keeping it with him. - No acts

The nightgaunts leave Aether.

Màquines makes the savanna planet of Savoia. It is about the size of Mercury. - One act

A nightgaunt completes Astra'aths sign on Aerie's body.

The Chained One recreates Corporal Ed Rourke, memories, soul and all, and places him in a quiet corner of the Refuge. - One act

All remaining guardians commit suicide, erasing their species from the face of the universe.

Coradin creates the Valkyries, warriors to guard the Palace and serve as his army. - One act
Coradin creates the Twelve Muses, who can grant an amazing talent for art to anyone they meet. - One act

The Scholars educate the smartest individuals on Aether.

Palad’in takes and corrupts some elves and dwarves on the nameless world into Orcs.  He gives them weapons and knowledge of constructing the Black Towers. - One act

Màquines and Astra'ath sign a pact not to interfere with one another.

Elegáns, a nightgaunt, enters history as an important figure.

Astra'ath corrupts a scholar. - No acts
The corrupted scholar heads towards the gate of chains.

The scholars spread knowledge throughout the universe.

Dragnar grants Poena's brother an aura of normalcy. - One act

Quôth conjures and hands the tome 'The Arkosian Rot-a disquisition on transmission, symptoms and possible therapies for humans and associated humanoid species' to a librarian.

Frandor grants Chara (including its shell) the ability to move around the universe. - One act

Satae constructs a mysterious artifact. - Three acts

Elzeru, a Fae, steals a book from Dragnar's library.

Palad’in creates elemental moons for the Nameless World (fire, ice, electricity, metal). - One act
Palad'in sends for warriors of each city on the Nameless World and arms and armors them like him. - No acts

Astra'ath creates an Avatar using Sothurn's soul and divine energy from the four elemental moons. - Two acts

Galt takes its Hive Planet and breaks it up, putting most of the Bugs in the Nameless World's core with Astra'Ath, keeping those unable to fit with itself, offering them to the Gods of the Universe. - One act

Coradin and Astra'ath form a temporary non-aggression pact.
Astra'ath gives Coradin the Stone of Madness.

Coradin changes the Refuge to allow a being of Astra'ath's size to enter. - One act

Astra'ath enters the Refuge.

Poena is temporarily possessed, passing out afterwards.

Natus summons the Shifters from the Void. - One act

Ertanon 'bites' Astra'ath as it touches the longsword. The affected tissue quickly withers and dies, sending shocks of pain through Astra'ath.

Dragnar relates the pain caused by Ertanon to the pain caused in the 'Time without Death'.

A very small amount of nightgaunts agree to stay on Aether with Luna, bringing nightmares only to those of evil mind, or as a harbinger of bad times to come, serving as a warning.

Luna creates a barrier of expanding space around Aether. - One act

Màquines declares neutrality in the conflict between Astra'ath and the Pantheon.

Frandor augments the material of Chara's shell. It will interact with ethereal/intangible things the same way it does with normal things - One act

Luna creates small stars around Aether and Maia. - One act

Tarn creates Luce, a White Giant star. - One act

Bhulotha leads a scouting part of Astra'aths followers to the surface of the Nameless World.

Quôth creates "The Carrier"- his personal Weapon of Choice. - One act
Quôth creates the "Angel's Fire"-disease - One act

Aarrook alters Ozymi, making its orbit go as a ring around the center of the black star and Elan. - One act

Bhulotha converts a small set of orcs to the mark of Astra'ath.

Astra'ath invests an Act into the Spawning Pools and accelerates and educates its first generation of Starspawn. - One act

Natus summons the Ka'a'ree from the void. - One act
Natus summons Star Flowers from the void. - One act
Natus summons War Beetles from the void. - One act

With an almost malevolent smile Xarn stretched his legs. One by one, each and every one in turn.

'Naught but parasite..' He stretched his remaining appendages. All of them.
He had been drawn to both the spire and the Refuge. He spoke, he absorbed, he devoured. Xarn had fed- Enough.
No longer himself, but himself instead. His being concealed, molded into another form- like clay. His godly aura reshaped- Like clay.

"Bring me to Aerie."

The librarian complied, obeying its master with a graceful bow. Not long did it take, or Dragnar bowed over the young woman with the missing leg. She slept. His hands went to Thuthacar, taking it gently in his hands. The blade pointed down, he woke her up. Not like any mortal would, no. His very mind tore her from her slumber, waking to the image of Dragnar and her own sword, pointed down. No chance to scream, no chance to feel.

Dead- From one moment upon another, her last memories burned not only into her soul, but into that of the master of the brood she was part of: Astra'ath.

Returning from the errand he was sent on, carrying an innocent book about human anatomy, the librarian was greeted by a vision unseen, no, unknown to it:

Even the floor was cracked by the force of the deed. Thuthacar, a sword of great lethality, forced through the chest, up to the hilt, just off the lungs, through the heart of a young Aether elven woman. The eyes, full of terror, stared a dead stare into the air...

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

The last of the proud angels looked up, into the sky, into space. He had survived the sickness that had tormented his species..
But the sickness did kill him. Hordes upon hordes of daemons washed over the battlefields, devouring their corpses like beasts. It would not take long until one reached him...

Only a few days ago it was, that so many of them were infected with a terrible disease. Within even less days, most of the angels were either dead or dying, and then the demons noticed.

What would have been a skirmish, turned into a massacre: Only a few demons fought, but the angels were without resistance. A lot of them died, even though they outnumbered the demons by mass..

One escaped.

The demon had informed the others of the news; of their dying archenemies. Not only because of their dedication to the eternal struggle did they attack the angels en mass: They were thrilled to see their dying enemies, and then devour them.
Those that were immune could not stand a fight against the many more enemies that they had to fight. They were slaughtered....

Blood dripped out of his mouth. He didn't want it to be this way. One of the demons had sniffed his smell out of the air. It come for him: Like a child playing with toys, so did the demon play with the angel. He pinched him, clawed at him, but never killed him. Whenever the angelic creature raised an arm to defend itself, the demon jumped away, laughing, no; howling. Just as the demon was about to start breaking his second finger, a voice spoke to him.

Careless creation, listen to me.

You are the last, you are chosen.

Not by the God that cursed you/No.

Not by the God that abandoned you/No.

You are chosen by me.

The demon started breaking the fingers on his other hand..

What is your name?

The angel spoke weakly, as the demon tattered his wings.

Illiath..

You are Illiath, fallen angel. Rise again, for you are might.

You are Illiath, abandoned soul. Do what must, for you are just.

You are Illiath, banished, like me. The banished are strong.

Now, Illiath, rise, and destroy this creature. Rise, and be.

He blacked out, but only for a moment. When his eyes opened again, the demon was dead, his hands, no; claws, burying themselves into its neck. His skin was grey, and his fingers harnished claws. He spread his wings, only to find tattered leathery wings, feathers lost forever.

Instinctively he also knew what to do:
First; Justice.

He flew at yet another demon, hound-like in appearance, and he buried not just a claw, but a sword into it as well. Furiously he turned about, decapitating yet another. He took a spear. Once more he moved, now tracked by not just one, but all of the demons. His eyes were set clearly on his target, and with a shriek he thrusted the spear through its head, which was separated from the neck by sheer force. Their chieftain. Holding the head and the speer above him, blood streaming down his arms, another scream followed.

His wings carried him off, into the air, higher and higher..

Alone, drifting. Weakened, punished for doing what had to be done. Poena knew and felt all of it in one moment, and she forgot in the other. It went on, for what seemed to be ages.

It were mere hours. Poena woke up, exhausted, feeling like nothing but an empty shell. She spotted Ertanon, her sword, on the ground. She reached for it, weakly, trying to grab it. She couldn't. Her arm hung weakly from her side.

Her eyes carried her head to Phaedron. He held her brother. She smiled at him, a tired smile. The same smile she granted to the goddess that held her.

She was tired, but she had not felt as much at ease with herself before up until this point. Poena knew what she had to do..

On a background of flashy modules and rolling plains of pulsing ground, children were born. Although visibly similar to the children of others, they were different...
They left the wombs of their mothers at exactly the same time, and they grew up not within what could have been months or years, but days. They started discerning themselves from normal children, filled with hidden knowledge, and with the mark of Astra'ath naturally on their bodies: Starspawn.

Shifters, I am here.

The voice echoed through their minds, deep, thundering.

You are to still keep me hidden, to bring uncertainty.

Unlike in our past, we will be strong.

I will be strong.

Barely noticeable they all bowed their heads, silent. Shifters were quiet entities, serving their quiet God.

Only a little amount of the bugs survived their planet being taken apart. Those that were allowed to stay in the core of the Nameless World made up most of them.

A few though, made it to Natus. They were not there to kill or destroy, but to survive. Only a tenfold of them arrived alive, but these insectiods already started devouring vegetation and animal alike at a steady pace..

Home.. The elves were allowed to go home. The plates that they were on had cursed them with nightmares and pain, trapped for a time that seemed to have constantly stretched itself inside so-called 'altars'.

Home... To home they could, and to home they went.

Ka'a'ree. They had never shown themselves before, not that close to Xarn's domain. The shifters knew it. Xarn either had no domain, or his domain was so vast that the Ka'a'ree were forced to live in his domain. They were too much bound to laws. They looked the same.

They disgusted the shifters..

War? The dwarves did not desire war. They built, they created.
Humans, on the other hand, were more expansive. Their avarice caused them to first look upon one another with suspicion, but then to turn their attention to the dwarves and their precious minerals and gems.

They started brooding over their newly-gotten knowledge of steam power...

Xarn murders Aerie with Thuthacar, disguised, even to the strongest of Godly senses, like Dragnar.
All of the angels on the Coin of Good and Evil die, due to their thinned population being overwhelmed by the demons.
Illiath, the last of the angels, lives on as a fallen angel.
The first generation of Starspawn are born, growing up within days.
Almost all of the bugs that hail from Galt's planet die. Some make it to Natus.
All elves, to the last, head back to Aether through the portal.

Code: [Select]
Acts:
Anacraeon: 9 (You are killing yourself!)
Satae: 7
Astra'ath: 6
Galt: 6
Dragnar: 5
Mania: 5 (The Gods themselves are getting paranoid and the likes, fueling you.)
Natus: 4
"The Chained God": 4
Luna: 3
Palad'in: 3
Aarrook: 3
Coradin: 2
Frandor: 2
Màquines: 2
Tarn: 2
Gheronaton: 2 (With all the ongoing violence..)
Quôth: 1

You know how it works; PM me or post in the OOC Thread if you've got any comments/think I forgot something/similar things.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:10:47 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 01, 2010, 05:43:50 pm »

As Dragnar wanders the almost endless halls of the library he passes Aerie's room and checks in to see how her recovery is coming along. What he sees instead is unimaginable. Seeing the blade protruding from Aerie's chest, Dragnar stares for several moments, then sends the image to all of the other gods.

"Who has done this?! I commanded that my library remain neutral, a place of learning instead of war! Who has dared to defy me in my own home!"

His message sent, Dragnar's bracelet suddenly changes form, changing into a large hammer-like shape on his arm. In one motion he pulls the cursed sword from Aerie's body and smashes it, shattering it into pieces.

Dragnar destroys Thuthacar. (not sure if that should take an act or not, considering how I did it...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 01, 2010, 07:49:42 pm »

He had delivered his message, his word, to the gods. He was ready to begin construction of his great weapon. A weapon, to create an arc of paradise. Peace, togetherness, the power of many as one, the power of one as many. Of course, to allow for unity, those who break it must be defeated. Chaos, rebels, terrorists, those who seek to leave the old world. But power was always a problem. More power was needed. But a relience was risky. But hope. Hope is a thin yet untouched, but is powerful in its own senses. A energy beyond the gods control. Hope was an embodiement of ordered emotions, focused and logical yet still emotional. It was disorganized organization. It was harmony. It is found in the shadow of fear. Fear, something so dark, emitting a light to help create hope. It was an evil blessing. Everyone is entitled to it. No one is denied it. Its control is universal. Its form, smaller than even sand. It was the ultimate morale, the ultimate wish, the ultimate gift, the ultimate life, the ultimate world. It is, too, part of paradise.

"Hope is infinite, and may join with hope!"

He announced that loud, yet no one heard. He was, after all, in the Well of Souls.

No matter. It was not enough to declare such. He needed a way to gather the energy of the universe himself. He, however, should not chase after such. It was more energy than could be gained. So, he created mortals to gather it for him.

"Then there shall be Scavengers. They do not seek land, nor power, but energy. Not ordinary energy, but the energy of the universe. They shall seek this, not only for substinence, but to bring it to me. With this power, the divne may gain in power, even if it is slight."

Aarrook ties his power to hope. He also creates Scavengers, space entitys which gather divine energy in the universe for substinence and to grant to Aarrook. They resemble giant fleas.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 02, 2010, 01:13:15 pm »

She was the Fifth, and called herself Ilana. She was the last of the third Muses who had stayed behind for now. The Fifth did want to go see the world outside the Palace, but she also enjoyed life inside the Palace's walls.
She nodded to a passing group of her older sisters, the Valkyries, who smiled at the gesture. She was sitting on the edge of a bridge going through a waterfall, listening to it's perfect melodic sound. The water was crystal-clear and felt cold on her skin. She doubted the outside world had anything like the Palace, but her sisters had gone nevertheless.
There was something... powerful nearby. She had felt a strange attraction to this place, but could not put her mind to it. There was a faint glow coming from the pool, something she had not noticed earlier.

The Fifth reached for the Stone and, without knowing it, opened her mind to it. It did not take long for both Mania and Coradin to feel this action. Coradin began racing back towards the Palace, but Mania would have plenty of time to do as it wished...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56