Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75886 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:10 pm »

"I say we strike as soon as possible!" Argued Gheronaton. "We have to destroy his hideout. I saw that chara is armed with an impressive weapon; Once it already disturbed astra`aths plans. And i have enough asteroids at my disposal to destroy several planets. Once we forced him into the open we could attack him with all our forces. My warriors would lead the vanguard against his abominations; For they know no fear." Gheronaton paused a moment. "And maybe you could muster an army of your own.. As well as the other gods here. We have to combine our strengths."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2010, 03:55:07 pm »

Hearing the call, They come.
You Called?
We Came.
You Want an Alliance.
We don't like this god of Entropy.
We have also not created anything for him to harm, however.
We have considered ways we can defend ourselves.
But for now we will agree to listen, at the least.
But we reserve the right to also get the other side of the debate.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2010, 05:35:51 pm »

Galt have come. They have agreed not to attack Astra'Ath, and Astra'Ath has implied that it will not attack Them in the near future, but They are still worried by its presence.
This entropy it claims to embody, They cannot see. A varied universe is greatly more uncertain than a single, bloated mass, surely?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 27, 2010, 07:30:28 pm »

Quietly, an Elysian appeared amid the gods answering Frandor’s summons, looking like a star in their presence. The soft voice of Luna echoed from the Elysian, causing it’s light to ripple with every syllable. “Brothers, sisters, accept my apologies for being unable to come in person,” The Elysian said. “I know that strife will soon come, and I am working to protect Aether from what dangers may come.

“I wish to help you, though I do not know what aid a goddess of peace can bring directly to a war. I do have an army, but they are a peaceful people, and are untrained in combat. I do not want to involve mortals in the battle of the gods, as many would be struck down body and soul. But I could aid in other ways perhaps.”

“What of our creations? The peoples we have created? Will we neglect them, or overlook them when they are caught in the crossfire of the gods? I can shelter them safe on Aether and keep them from harm. I can evacuate the populations of our chosen battlefields, or rescue them from the words tainted by Astra’ath. I have done so before, and spared many from destruction when Frandor destroyed Elan’s world. They dwell with my elves now, free from Astra’ath’s terror. Let those who desire to simply live in peace come to Aether, and avoid the terror of a war between gods.”

“Also, what of Poena and her brother? How do they figure into this? The children of Xarn should not be forgotten, though I doubt they are ready for such a conflict. If they are to have no part of this war, Aether is open to them as well.”

<><><><>

Even as she spoke through the Elysian to the gathered gods, Luna continued her labor above the skies of Aether and Maia. She had barred entry to those who would do her people harm, but this was not enough. She again poured her power into the void, creating stars around Aether and Maia. In these stars, she gave the power of gravity, and bound them to her will that was implanted in the void.

Should something be sent from afar to damage the populations of Aether, the stars would subtly shift, strengthening or weakening their gravity. They were too far from Aether to influence it directly, save for some minor shifting of tides. But objects hurled at Aether would be diverted so they would not impact upon the Shining Lands.

Act 3: Luna creates stars around Aether and Maia. These stars can move and shift their gravity, and will do so to divert attacks or projectiles away from Aether.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 27, 2010, 08:50:10 pm »

You have my position.
We have much to attend to.
But before we depart...
We would like to invite the God of war to speak to us in the near future.
To discuss matters of mutual interest.
We take our leave.
contact us if we are direly needed.
We have much to do.
Moving himself deep into the void, they bend their power to their will.

A point of light bursts from his hand, quickly spreading and intensifying, until a rather large white star burned before him. He names this star Luce.
Act I/I Tarn creates Luce, a White Giant star.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 27, 2010, 10:56:00 pm »

Clawing fiercely, Bhulotha personally carved a shaft up through the soil. Some time ago, the hard stone barring his path had given way to soft soil, allowing him to dig much more swiftly. He clawed, tearing aside great chunks of dirt and severing roots. Before long, his claws struck air. He surged forward, burst up out of the soil and onto the surface of the nameless world.

Climbing up, Bhulotha emerged into the musty, close air of a vast forest. The sky was hidden by a vast canopy, dimming the day sun to a green twilight. Bhulotha grinned, pleased to have been able to serve his master. He shook the dirt off of his wounds as the cultists aiding him climbed up around him. “Well done, fellow servants of the great one.” Bhulotha said. “Now, go out and scout the surrounding lands. Do not contact anyone, but return to me and share what knowledge you have found, what settlements you happen across. We will find more to serve the Great one, or more to feed him if they refuse.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 28, 2010, 08:34:12 am »

Finally Quôth had finished his studies and made his way to the coin of Good and Evil. Warping into the Orbit (if such a thing has an orbit) of the construct, he instantly begun with his work. For some minutes he contented himself with observing the happenings on the god construction. Several thousand Daemons were swarming over the dark side fo the Coin to invade the angels. While watching the battle below him, he scanned the edge of the battlefield for heavily injured angels left alone dying. Finally he found one leaning against a tree and slowly slumping down.

The Pain was nearly unbearable. Arechus tried to stop the flow with his hands but his efforts where futile. The Daemon had ripped open his whole waist with a single slash of it's cleaver. He knew this would be the end. Already his vision began to blur and he saw a man with a scythe. A man with a scythe? This wasn't a hallucination. Rallying all his strength he managed to speak.

Who...who...are you...stranger?

The person came nearer but stayed silent.

I warn you...stay away!

Suddenly a crow landed next to Arechus dying body. It eyed him with great interest. With a weak wave of his hand he tried to chase it away. Unimpressed the Crow evaded his weak movement and continued staring at him. Meanwhile the stranger came even closer.

what do you want from me stranger? I'm...dying...and i doubt you...could increase...my pain even more. End it, for the sake of Carn!

Like to answer his plea the armored stranger drew a giant scythe from his back. There was now a distance of merely 5 meters between the two.
5 more crows landed near the dying angel and eyed him like children would eye a big talking chocolate bar.
Arechus tried to speak once more but a wave of pain swept over him and instead only a gurgle erupted his throat. Suddenly it stopped. The whole Pain had vanished. Even his vision cleared. Now he could see the Stranger ,who was now above him, clearly. His empty eye-sockets, the crawling maggots, the pale skin, the Greenish lines below it, he could even admire the Scythe one last time, it's rusty Blade,the boils erupting now and then on it, the mix of dried pus, blood and vomit it was covered in and lastly the screeching of the blade as the Stranger struck out to end the life of Arechus...

The Cries of Pain which had ebbed erupted again, even louder then before, increasing in highness until they reached a high pitched screeching which even stopped the battle nearly a mile away. The horrible Screams let the combatants stop in awe as they went ever higher.

Hush, little angel soon it is over. Soon you will never feel pain again.

The Scythe had acclerated the rot in the body of the angel and while still alive had begun dissolving him into a green-brownish goo which was slowly absorbed by it. Finally the Screaming stopped. To the Relieve of the Combatants who couldn't see what was going on and that of Quôth who was disgusted by it. Before anybody could come to the decision to look what has produced this inhuman(indaemon,inangel) noises, Quôth warped himself into the higher atmosphere. There he infused the Scythe(which from now on shall be known as "the Carrier") with a bit of his might. The Carrier began to glow sickly and then the tip of it's blade begun to morph into a small maw which excreted a strange white ichor. But instead of falling to the ground it formed a small ball about the size of a water glass. After a while The Corpse-God stopped his infusion of power and then the maw turned back into what it was before.

Now Quôth spoke up, and every angel could hear his voice in it's head:

Hear me creations of the dead God Carnis! Your god has left you. He left you alone in this unforgiving reality at the brink of an Godswar. I have an offer for you which you can't decline. I offer you immunity from age,disease and pain and further more i offer to take care of you all. But this comes at an price! I only take those who are strong enough physically and mentally to survive my trial. I will spread a disease among you which will kill everyone but the strongest,the smartest and those with the strongest will. Many of you will die of the disease. Others will die of starvation and many of you will mutate horribly. But those of you that survive will be accepted in my flock, they will be my children and i will heap them with my gifts.

Having said this, Quôth parts the white ichor ball into it's microbic particles and spreads them into the atmosphere.

The virus is highly contagious and is not only airborne and waterborne but also spreads if you touch the infected individual or come into contact with body fluids.

The incubation time lasts only a few hours, then the first symptoms will kick in: loss of feathers and hair, high fever, diarrhea, incontinence. after 24 hours the kidneys and liver fail, and the patient is not anymore capable of drinking. Between 24 and 48 hours the body temperature will constantly rise until the enzyms begin to denaturate. By 50 Hours after Infection the patient dies of denaturation of body cells and circulation failure.

1.Act:Quôth creates "The Carrier"- his personal Weapon of Choice. It's capable of dissolving and absorbing mortal beings and helps The Plague God in the production of diseases. Although the Scythe is quite sharp it's blade is completely rusted and covered in  pus, blood, excrements and vomit which make a perfect nuturing ground for the thousands of different diseases which are breeding on the blade. It alone is not capable of killing a God but the diseases will eventually do the rest(even the immune system of a god can't fight back several thousand diseases).

2.Act: Quôth creates the "Angel's Fire"-disease, which will kill 98% of the Angel population and mutating 1,5% of it leaving only a half percent immune. The survivors of the illness(mutated or not) are from now on immune to diseases of any kind(but they are still mortal and can feel pain). The mutations of the people are completely random but leave the patient completely disfigured and unable to reproduce but they feel no pain, cannot age and(the same as the immune survivors) are completly immune to any kind of disease.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 28, 2010, 09:43:48 am »

Observe, respond.
Gods, respond. Respond.
Luna, stars. Noteworthy.
Tarn, luce. Noteworthy.
Quoth, infections. Observe.
Respond.

A call has been sent out to the gods, and some have respnoded. Maquines, Quoth, Dragnar and Tarn will not aid us. They choose to stand alone against this beast, and I do not place great hope in their survival. Coradin and Galt have agreed to not harm Astra'ath. Gheronaton and Luna have agreed to halp, and their aid is much appreciated. Natus, Satae, the Chained one, Aarrook, Anacraeon and Palad'in have not responded one way or the other. We see you have joined us, Palad'in, and we invite you to come forwards at state your position.

First, let us consider what is known about Astra'ath and its plans. It currently resides deep within the nameless planet, no doubt hoarding its resources until it is strong enough to burst out and destroy us. Destruction of the planet would no doubt destroy what Astra'ath has created, but it would also be very wasteful, destroying much else. In addition, Astra'ath will most likely flee to another planet and begin its work anew. Simply destroying the nameless planet will solve no problems.

Even if we manage to strip astra'ath of its lair, and confront it in the open, we must be careful how we approach it. Let us not forget the departed god Alex, who fought it directly and died for it. We must find other ways of harming it.

Now, let us consider the resources front. The resources of frandor are currently depleted; no doubt you are in a similar situation. If we wait a short while, we can accumulate more godly abilities and use these for the attack. The intermediate time can be used to plot. As for more mundane resources:there is good news. Maquines has spoken. Although she will not directly aid us, she will allow us to coem and go as we please. We shall take her up on this offer. Our armies can build and develop, extracting every resource and supply we can out of the land to fuel our efforts. Let us remember this.

Finally, we have a plan to put forward. It is crude and lacking in detail, but that it because it is the product of only us. With your scrutiny and knowledge, it can be improved. The plan is as thus: Astra'ath's lair is at the heart of the nameless planet. We shall therefore open the planet. A precise, surgcal strike will lay open the twisted lair. As this is done, Astra'ath and its followers will be in the open. The sudden exposure to the harshess of space, devoid and any atmosphere, will likely kill many of them. The rest can be dealth with by our own godly minions. As for Astra'ath itself... that is where we must call upon your aid. Astra'ath is a mighty foe indeed, most likely beyond either Frandor or myself.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 28, 2010, 10:12:16 am »

Palad'in gestured at his emmisary, who stepped forward.
You speak as if you believe Astra'ath created the Nameless World.  He did not.
It was created by my master, and He warns that any attempts made to harm it in any catstrophic way will be seen as an act of war.  Astra'ath is indeed living in the center, but what harm is he doing?  He ran from an unprovoked attack upon him, and Palad'in gave him asylum.  You may argue that he was killing mortals, but what concern are mortals to you?  They live, they kill, they die.  Those of you that tie yourself to this universe and these mortals expect us all to protect your source of power.  My master's posessions are not allied with Astra'ath; indeed, the mortals on the Nameless World have set aside all other conflict until him and his creations are dead or gone.  Is that enough for you?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 28, 2010, 10:47:23 am »

No.

It is not enough.

Although Palad'in has not acted dirently in favour of Astra'th, He has acted indirectly. He has allowed Astra'ath to infect the planet, to make its lair. Through inaction, Palad'in has acted against us. Through inaction, Palad'in continues to act against us.

You ask what concern the mortals are to the gods. After all, they are fleeting, living and dying in the blink of a godly eye. I say to you that this is not the case. Gods are mortal too, and one has already fallen to Astra'ath. We are as mortal as that which we create. Indeed, what we create are mere extensions of ourself. If we allow our creations to fall, then we would be allowing part of ourselves to fall.

Finally, you claim that our attack on Astra'ath was unprovoked. How much provocation will satisfy you? Should we patiently wait for every blow against us before we respond in turn? Shall we stand by and do nothing while Astra'ath plots our downfall? And shall we ignore the destruction of others? We cannot simply do nothing and ignore attacks on others. If we do not act out to save our brothers, then we will have no brothers to save us when we are in need. This is the provocation that Astra'ath gave. This is why we attacked.

And I say to you: what provocation will you need? Will you do nothing until you are yourself destroyed? Will you wait for your strength to be crippled and your creations to be obliterated before you act out against Astra'ath? Or will you join us, and join our bond. Join us and together we will grow stronger, fight mightier and die never. For that our bond, and it is mightier than any who would seek to break it.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 28, 2010, 11:29:32 am »

"So Astra`ath took shelter in your planet, palad`in?" Asked Gheronaton astonished.. And angry.
"What a fool you are! Do you believe that astra`ath truly will spare one of us, or do you believe that your creations will remain untouched by the upcoming war? If we are divided he will kill and corrupt us one by one. Countless worlds and universes he has already devoured in his insatiable hunger! Unprovoked you call charas attack? Pah, i say! His very birth caused pain and nightmares and he tried to corrupt my creation and that of many other gods.
Maybe you just bought yourself more time, but ultimately you`ll die sooner or later. Maybe very soon, if you get my hint.
" Gheronaton touched his swords.
"Believe us! By sheltering astra`ath you are only hurting yourself. Help us instead! Instead of sheltering him, trap him. Help us, and i won`t be forced to spill your godly blood, dear brother." The last words were said gently, and not with gheronatons former fervor.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:34:34 am by Lordinquisitor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 28, 2010, 11:34:33 am »

"Brother, you are every bit as violent as Astra'ath, it is merely your servants who do your killing for you. If the overgod is correct, and It is eating more than it needs to survive, then something must be done. But not before. Palad'in has done nothing against any of us, and Astra'ath has not attacked any of us: the one world he devoured was abandoned and godless, and if It cannot eat even that what would you have it do? Starve?"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 28, 2010, 11:40:47 am »

Gheronatons turned and faced Dragnar.
"Brother! Wise you are called and indeed your libraries are vast. How could you miss the fact that astra`ath always, since he came into existence, destroyed the universes he visited? The chained god warned us, and we all had visions.." He stepped forwards. "And you say he attacked no one? And what you`d call his attack on Incendium? The plague he caused there? Friendly negotiation?"

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 28, 2010, 12:19:08 pm »

He did not take shelter. It was offered to him.
Mortals are unimportant.  The only reason you care is because you draw power from their strife.
Palad'in has no misconceptions about what will happen.  Astra'ath will attack, and the Nameless World will fall first.  Palad'in will not fall with it.  If all else fails, He will remove the moons and the star to a protected area.  Have you had foresight enought to plan even that?
Palad'in has suggested that we move on from this pointless bickering.  Unless that is the point of this meeting?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 28, 2010, 12:28:59 pm »

"I will admit that Astra'ath has caused death on many of the worlds, but so have several others. What about Alex's plague? He received no more than a stern warning for an unprovoked attack on an entire planet. As for the universes It has already devoured, I promise to join you if it comes to that, but for now Astra'ath shows no signs of trying to destroy everything. The bugs Galt cast off should sate It's hunger for some time, and after that it would be better to create a better food source for it than to destroy it."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56