Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75895 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #510 on: May 27, 2010, 07:36:31 am »

Coradin turned to face the new voice. It was all too familiar to him, one he associated with Astra'ath and it's servants. It was much alike to the one that had entered the Refuge. To negoatiate with such a thing... but Dragnar was nowhere to be seen. Hmh.

'For a time? I need to know the details before I... accept anything.' He paused. How did Astra'ath know the Stone's location? Had Dragnar told it, or...? He glared at the nightgaunt. If the monster had invaded his very home... No, Astra'ath couldn't be trusted. He had to keep an eye on it from now on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #511 on: May 27, 2010, 07:41:29 am »

The stone was stolen by my servant, though not at my behest

It has also changed... slightly. We will let you discover that yourself

Agree to neutrality and my gaunts will deliver the stone to your hands

We wish only to be treated fairly, no more

The refuge you created for peaceful meetings of the gods

It should be possible, even for enemies, to meet there and discuss terms in civility

We will not violate this trust

Astra'ath sounds almost amused, reading the suspicion and caution on Coradin's face.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:26 am »

Coradin nodded and replied;
' I see you still have not answered my question, but very well. I will agree to this pact of... neutrality for a while.
However, if I open the Refuge for you, I need you to do something in return. I will not allow your... servants to enter the Refuge. If you wish to discuss with us, you will have to come in... person. Changes can be made for your... appearance. Reality can be twisted, the laws of nature bent. But I want you there, not one of these slaves.
I will guarantee you will go unharmed inside those walls. You ask me trust you. In return, I need you to trust me as well.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #513 on: May 27, 2010, 08:01:32 am »

Deep in the void, dozens of gaunts converge upon the stone in its slow tumble towards Natus.

Using their combined strength, they take the stone at high speed through the realm of dreams, emerging from the wall near Coradin as a coherent mass of shadow. They fade out slowly, their strength drained, the last one vanishing with a soft pop as they lay the stone in Coradin's hands.

Question unanswered?

Specify length of time?

Unknown / impossible to predict

How long do you think it will take Us to consume all existance?

If you find out, please inform Us

We are patient

You will make arrangements, that the Refuge is suitable for Our Presence

How long will this take?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 27, 2010, 08:17:01 am »

Coradin shivered. They had to stop this being, sooner or later.

' I will begin work on it right away.'

With that, Coradin left, vanishing through the wall and drifting back to the Refuge, the Stone in his hands. It was different now, as Astra'ath had claimed.
Inside was... divine energy? The remnants of a God? No, this was alive. One of his brothers or sisters, trapped there somehow.

' Speak, trapped God. Who are you and why are you in my Stone?'

While waiting for a reply, he began work on the Refuge. While it's size did not change on the outside, the inside was transformed.
He considered adding a small illusion to make them look as huge as Astra'ath, but decided against it. Astra'ath would not be influenced by cheap tricks.
The inside became massive instead, easily allowing Astra'ath to move around if needed. They could fly up to it, no illusion needed.
Satisifed, Coradin turned back to the Stone.

Coradin changes the Refuge to allow a being of Astra'ath's size to enter

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2010, 08:37:14 am »

As Dragnar spoke to Poena the Refuge around him suddenly grows, stretching to massive size.

"Hmm, what is Coradin doing now... Goodbye, poena, I hope my gift help your brother."

Dragnar traced the Act's source back to his library, but instead of Coradin he finds only a Nightguant.

"Hello Astra'ath, it appears I have just missed Coradin. And I must say I am surprised the area is not filled with signs of battle..."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:46:09 am by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2010, 08:42:01 am »

The child-god Coradin has agreed to allow Us access to the Refuge

For civil discussion, even among enemies, is necessary at times

In return, We returned the Stone to him

A small gesture which may bring him more grief than he realizes

The god trapped within is quite mad, deliciously so

The nightgaunt chuckles softly, a surprising sound from beings normally so dour.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2010, 08:58:45 am »

The gaunt looks at Dragnar and the god can almost sense a smile.

Return to Refuge

And meet Us in Person

With a deafening blast of displaced air and a crack of energy, Astra'ath appears in the Refuge in all its majesty. A writhing mass of fleshy tendrils, eyes, and toothy maws as large as a moon settles against the Refuge wall and a faint smell of cinnamon wafts over those assembled.

We have come as you asked, Coradin

In person, and not through a servitor

The changes you have made on Our behalf please Us

A row of tri-lobed eyes forms near the base of the fleshy mass and they regard Poena evenly, but it does not speak further.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:57 am »

Dragnar returns to the Refuge and looks up at the bulk of Astra'ath now contained within.

"Ah, so this is the purpose behind these changes. Let us hope Coradin is able to enforce his claim of safety here..."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2010, 09:10:23 am »

Eyes turn to take in Dragnar, mouths snap and gibber mindlessly. The voices reverberate through the void, heard directly in the minds of all nearby.

Enforce? No... he cannot enforce

We agreed not to violate this trust

For an unspecified length of time

Worry not, if We intended violence, We would have sent Sothurn

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 27, 2010, 09:13:33 am »

"Nice to meet you finally in person, Astra`ath." Gheronaton shouted, as the doors of the refuge closed behind him. He strode forward, his swords sheathed and mustered that ungainly.. thing.. that filled the room.

"I prefer your messengers astra`ath." He said after a while. "You are ugly. Really ugly. What are all those tentacles for? And why do you need so many maws?"
He shook his head and laughed.

"But i forget my courtesies. I wonder why you are here? Tired of hiding? The last few days i wasn`t able to sense your presence, where is your new hideout?"

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 27, 2010, 09:15:14 am »

A gift of life- Dragnar had given her brother the chance to be. Normally, unlike herself or the Gods. To walk among people, and be accepted.

Before she could give the God her thanks, he went, gone.
Within the next few seconds, Poena was thrown off her figurative feet multiple times.

First- A change of size and space around her; An extending room of already great proportions. Only little time passed, and then something else appeared:

A mass of writhing tentacles. A bulk of fleshy appendages, all out of place, and all so very real and fitting.

Astra'ath..

Terror struck her. She was only a girl, wasn't she? How was she supposed to defeat the thing that now took up so much space if she could not even defeat something of her own size.

'Hells, I am not even capable of controlling my own thoughts and emotions..'
The thought struck her with silence, and her eyes were fixed on the monstrosity that was Astra'ath.

Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #522 on: May 27, 2010, 09:19:25 am »

Eyes regarded Gheronaton as he entered. A chorus replies, the words clear even as they talk over each other.

Hiding? Not hiding.

Nesting / Brooding / Plotting / Growing

Feeding / Hatching / Planning / Training

Not hiding.

Nameless world, deep in the core

Followers safe, sing our songs, feast on bugs, terrify dwarves

Great fun

Astra'ath's bulk heaves and several of Galt's insects skitter out of an orifice, running around like mad for a moment before settling down.

Galt's creations, caretaker We

Taste like Chicken

Mad cackling follows as the bulk settles down again.

Near the bottom of Astra'ath's form several eyes still watch Poena, unwavering, taking in her every move.

Unafraid.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2010, 09:20:44 am »

Dragnar glances over at Gheronaton before looking back to Astra'ath.

"This is what I meant. I know your peace is only enforced by your word... but only Coradin has promised not to attack you."

"As as for you Gheronaton, please try not to start a fight here. If anywhere this should be a place of discussion, not fighting."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2010, 09:31:53 am »

"Even if i wanted to start a fight here i could not, dear brother. This is the refuge and coradin wished us to stay peaceful here.. And honor makes me heed that wish." Gheronaton replied to Dragnar. "I just came to see Astra`ath in person."

And then he turned again to Astra`ath. "So you are training an army, eh? Happens that i got one, too. Maybe we should choose a date and a place for a nice fight, my honored, tentacled enemy?"
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 56