Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75885 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #405 on: May 19, 2010, 01:21:03 pm »

Sothurn's blade came up in an instant, but the madgod did not seem bothered by that, the sword bouncing harmlessly off it's arm. He quickly backed away, pulling the Stone closer and opening up himself to it's power. It would not be enough to defeat a god, but maybe he could distract it enough to escape with his warriors.
'I have no quarrel with you, Madgod. I serve Astra'ath, and you do not want to anger him.'

---

Coradin watched the demigoddess stand up with her sword and move towards Dragnar's companion, with obviously violent intentions.

'Explain yourself, Poena! I will not allow fighting in the Refuge!'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #406 on: May 19, 2010, 01:26:06 pm »

The robed figure drifts there, fluttering in a false breeze; its empty hood slowly turns to look at Poena, returning her gaze.

It then looks at Coradin, and Astra'ath's voice issues forth in a chorus.

Do not blame the mortal child

She is young and reckless and confused

Her mind has been poisoned by the child-gods

Who have attacked Us unprovoked

Should she destroy this Emissary / Diplomat / Messenger

Another would form

And another

For We are Legion

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 19, 2010, 01:29:34 pm »

"Do not want? DO NOT WANT?! DO YOU PRESUME TO TELL ME WHAT I WANT?! I AM MANIA, GOD OF MADNESS! WHAT IS ASTRA'ATH?! A PUNY SPECK IN A INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE HELL HOLE?! I FEAR NOTHING, FOR I AM MADNESS, I AM INSANITY, I AM CHAOS, I AM ASTRA'ATH! I AM EVERYONE!
Now, will you please give me the stone?" Mania holds out a hand. Not mania's hand, someone elses. It twitches occasionally.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2010, 01:33:03 pm »

Coradin was shocked. He had allowed a servant of Astra'ath into the Refuge? He should've known, he should've...
With a flick of his wrist, Coradin threw the Nightgaunt through the wall, then as far as he could, away from the Refuge.
Dragnar. His sibling had brought the... being here.

Coradin growled like a threatened animal, advancing down the room towards Dragnar. The Refuge was growing darker with every step he took, the light coming from the walls disappearing. His form had already begun changing, but he did not care.

'I hope you have an explanation for this, brother.'

---

Sothurn tried to back away even further, but his back met a wall. The rest of his warriors had taken the longer route down, even though they had seen he was unharmed.
Cowards.
He held the sword ready for the madgod, but knew he needed Astra'ath. He felt the Great One's presence alright, but didn't know the Great One was watching.
'I cannot let you take it, Madgod. I need it.' Sothurn was trying to make his way towards a doorway. If he made it back into the gardens safely, he might be able to get back to his warriors.
But Mania was too unpredictable, and did not follow the rules of the world. He would be dead before he could take a single step.
It was a risk he had to take.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:42:19 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #409 on: May 19, 2010, 01:38:38 pm »

Another gaunt bravely forms, heedless of the danger. It addresses Poena directly, its whisper weak but audible...

Do you see, mortal child

The way they treat their elder?

Nothing have We done to them

Yet burned and bombed and persecuted are We

Our followers hunted and killed like animals

For the crime of worshiping another

An entire world extinguished

Just to get a chance at Us

With its dying effort, it projects an image of Elan's world dying. Millions of beings silenced in an instant, hurled into a sun. All of them killed because another god nested on their world. The death toll far exceeded any excesses Astra'ath had shown.

Then the nightgaunt fades away, the effort of defying the godly wards too great for its ephemeral soul.

Outside the refuge, the void ripples as more and more nightgaunts circle the Refuge. Their bodies only show when they occlude a distant star, but they seem to be lamenting their fallen brothers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:48:50 pm by forsaken1111 »

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:25 pm »

Poena dropped Ertanon to the ground, her eyes fixed on the dying world.
The Gods- She had been right. They couldn't be trusted. None of them.

Her reason stepped in, and she slowly calmed down.
Surely the Gods would have an explanation. Surely there was a reason for-

Maybe it was a lie. Maybe it was a dream.

Oblivious to her surroundings, she picked up Ertanon again, putting it against the palm of her hand. It was strangely pulsing.

A tiny bit of pressure, a scream, the clattering of a sword dropping on stone, a wound, and the dripping of blood.
She wasn't dreaming.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2010, 02:24:56 pm »

Gheronaton feeled that something was happening in the refuge. Gods were gathering, Poena was screaming and he felt that the sword his had forged was being used.

So he left Incendium and entered the refuge (Through the Front Door.); Flanked by his honor guard of Firstborn. He saw Coradin and  Dragnar.. And Poena, bleeding. "What`s the meaning of this?" He asked, gesturing towards poena. "And what happened here?"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:30:02 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »

"Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange Redbluegreenorange
BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK BLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACKBLACK"

Mania could see now it was a mistake to ask. Mania should have just destroyed Sothurn when he a had the chance. Mania noticed the Vanguard slipping off to the door. Mania sealed not just the door but the entire room within a pure wall of madness, effectively blocking it off from any god without insanity as one of their spheres. Breathing deeply, he begins to twist and misshape reality. The room, formerly of solid stone, begins to warp and twist, the floor tuurns to sand, and the waterfall gained the properties of cod liver oil, becoming thick and soupy, not at all right. Mania began to chuckle, the same chuckle he had laughed before slaughtering a entire village without provocation or warning. The laugh sounded oddly like KILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIMKILLHIM...

Mania blocks off the area around the stone of madness and sothurn, creating a barrier impenatrable to any god who is not already insane. Mania begins to chant disconcertingly, throwing even gods off balance in a maelstrom of chaos and insanity.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2010, 02:45:12 pm »

Burning pain, chilling comfort. Slowly emotions of all sorts filled Mania's already crazed mind, and they started eating at it. Mania's chant echoed inside its mind, and the room faded away.

The chant changed in lyrics.

"Prison, trap, home. Prison, trap, home. Prison. Prison, trap, home. Prison, trap, home.."

A burning flash of light, but for Mania, all went dark.

Sothurn's surroundings changed once more. Slowly they referred to their old state, although the tint of madness had stained it. Colors of all sorts imaginable seemed to be splashed into the walls, in a carpet of strange patterns.

The Stone of Madness glowed glowed a red light out of its green surface..

Mania traps itself inside of the Stone of Madness.
Mania now goes where-ever the Stone of Madness goes, until the curse is lifted.
Coradin's palace now seems to be covered in paint all across its visible surfaces. It can not possible be removed without destroying the castle, tainted fairly much permanently.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2010, 02:51:10 pm »

Mania opened eyes that could not see, extended tendrils that could not feel, and stopped chanting. He was home...
Thou art I, I art Thou.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2010, 03:16:34 pm »

Observe, Respond.
Gheronaton, aid. Conflicts - bond/plans? Note, incorporate into plans
Carnis, Change. Caution. Avoid contact.
Palad'in, world, minions. Noteworthy.
Luna, halflings. Unimportant.
Alex, death. Noteworthy.
Astra'ath, flee. Danger lessened.
Luna, sword. Noteworthy, observe.
Astra'ath, minions. Noteworthy.
Chained one, ship. Observe.
Chained one, scholars. Observe.
Aarrook, Ozymi. Noteworthy.
Poena, sword. Noteworthy.
Mania, stone. Observe, caution.
Response: continue with plan.

Frandor grants Chara the ability to change the shape of its shell.

You keep on doing this.
Doing what?
Granting me new powers and abilities. Why is this?
The plan.
This plan you speak of... what will it solve?
Meaning not clear. Clarify.
We have a bond, the strongest of bonds. Every act you perform brings us closer together. Whenever we have a difference in views, we discuss the matter and reach a conclusion we are both in harmony with. Time passes, and we grow closer and closer, closer than any other two entities in the universe. I am no fool, Frandor. I possess an intellect the size of a sun, and I have been utilizing it to its fullest extent. I know your plan.
Danger. Possible failure of plan. Explain.
Your plan is to strenghthen our bond. Bring us closer and closer. I understand that this is what you wish, but I do not understand why you wish it. I can think of no use it would have that you could not satisfy by a more efficient method. I have understood your plan, and it makes no sense to me. We could be torn apart, our essence scattered to the void, and our bond would not save us. I must therefore ask you: What will the bond bring us? What possible hurdle would it let us overcome?
Death.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:34:55 pm by ed boy »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2010, 03:47:21 pm »

"Explanation? I came here our of curiosity, wanting only to know what you all have found out about Xarn.(by the way and Natus left my library some time ago, I know not where he went.) Astra'ath sent a servant here on it's own when it heard my question, I did not bring the creature here."

Dragnar flicks his wrist, and a thin bracelet falls out of the sleeves of his robe, coming to a rest around his wrist.

"I told you all, I take no sides in this conflict, and I will act only to stop those who harm me and my creations."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2010, 05:44:45 pm »

Phaedron's entire form was wracked with fear as it saw the Anathema, something that had hoped to destroy its home with twisted abominations and mortals blinded by the Dark. It quickly tempered its fear, no matter how great it was. Phaedron saw the images, and consulted with its master.
My lord! What are these things?! Are they a threat?
Phaedron. Stand your ground. You cannot hope to stand against the Anathema.
But Poena, she-
Silence! If your ward cannot hold her temper for one moment, you will have to dispose of her.
My lord?! What has she done to deserve such a thing?
The Voidwalker had already severed contact. Phaedron felt a terrible pit of doubt and guilt form in its heart. It was torn between duty and a sense of loyalty to Poena. It shoved aside the feeling, and stood near Poena, tentatively searching for a possible avenue for her escape, so that she might continue to live.

The Chained God commands Phaedron to kill Poena when its master feels that she is not capable to kill Astra'ath.
<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

The Great Ship felt a hint of annoyance as it heard the Morai, those who had been entrusted to be protected, discuss shutting her down, to consider letting her guard down for even a moment. Its 'mind' blocked off all access to the terminals that would enable them to shut her down, rerouted the wiring and power core linkages, and reinforced the firewalls in her computer system. She then turned to the outer sensors, waiting for the force of darkness to come.

The ship denies the Morai access to any means to shut her down.

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

Akat'av, the Scholar, crawled across the surface of the ringworld known as Aether, searching for the sentient life forms that it was to bring to new heights of dizzying splendor. Its five 'legs' were quite slow, even on this world's lessened gravity, and so Akat'av flicked the ground with a modicum of psychic energy, propelling it into the sky. It sustained its flight with ease, and the Scholar lost itself for a moment in the cool breeze. It saw a small village of huts, and decided to make its entrance there.
It landed in the center of the village, near a pile of glowing embers, the remnants of a fire. It opened its petal-like mouth and screeches in welcome. It realized that its wards were very much like the Humans it had lead to greater heights of pleasure and knowledge before, and so attempted to speak in English. When the Aether elves failed to understand it, it tried German, French, Spanish, Latin, Aleut, Abenaki, the tongue of the Atlanteans, but to no avail. It knew that its only option was to use telepathy. It opened its mind, and touched those of all the sentients in the village.

Hello. My name is Akat'av, the Scholar. I am here to teach.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 19, 2010, 06:20:10 pm »

Palad’in turned away from the Dark Emissary; He had work to do.  He left the beautiful volcanic flow, traveled back into the void of space, looked upon His world, and was sad.  No songs of worship, no voices, no true sentient life lived there. It was finally time to fix that.
He traveled to Aether and beheld the crystal belt, and the inhabitants thereof. He saw the Elves, and marveled at their beauty. He took a small village of them, 30 in all, and moved on.
Next he came to Natus, and watched the beings inhabiting it. The humans caught his eye; they seemed to be almost like Him, in a way. He took a town off the face of Natus, population 45, and left.
Finally he arrived at the Planet of Plates, and first saw elves like unto the ones he had stolen.  But as He watched, another race made itself known. These short stubby people, known as dwarves, had been neglected as of late. Palad’in saw this, and was Moved to action. He took 21 of them from a large settlement, and traveled back to His World.

He held these stolen peoples, and wondered where He should place them. He finally set the elves in the forests of the planet, 10 for each of the three great woodlands. He commanded that the elves would be stewards of the forests, and gave them bows and spears to accomplish this.  He set the humans in the plains; 15 for each. He bade them cultivate the lands and build cities, and gave them the ax and the sword.  The dwarves he set upon the mountains, seven for two of the normal ones, and seven for the volcanic range.  He gave unto them picks and hammers, and told them to seek the riches of rock and ore.  However, they were not to dig too deep, for to do that would be death.

tl;dr
ACT ONE: Palad’in captures and sets elves, humans, and dwarves upon the Nameless World, and he gives them tools to help them accomplish their given tasks.
Storing Act 2.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 01:12:18 pm by Canalan »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2010, 07:07:46 pm »

Deep within the Nameless World, Astra'ath's massive bulk heaves. Tectonic tremors accompany Its movement, and tri-lobed eyes close in concentration. Even Its considerable intellect was taxed by this creation, and its writhing bulk heaved again, smashing against the stone cavern wall. It was a difficult birth, and the cult was in disarray. Already a flailing tentacle had smashed a few temporary shelters by mistake. They did not blame It, for work was good for the soul and all work was for Its glory. They loved their god, and It would never harm them intentionally.

An orifice opens along the cavern floor and ooze flows out. The flesh around the opening ripples, and the wet sound of tearing flesh fills the cavern as something large and hard is pushed out. Once free of the fleshy tube, the mass of dense flesh rolls across the floor unevenly towards the water. It lurches and deforms, a heartbeat pulsing beneath the surface.

The fleshy mound rolls down into the water and subsides beneath the surface quietly. An aura of anticipation fills the cavern, and tri-lobed eyes turn to watch the underground ocean carefully.

The cult returns to their normal routines, harvesting the underground flora and fauna for sustenance while continuing their profane chants and rituals honoring their wondrous god.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 56