Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75881 times)

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #375 on: May 16, 2010, 12:13:43 am »

The Voice of Palad'in considers the offer.
My master wishes to create a world of tests and trials. Therefore, the core of the Nameless World is to be yours, but for only as long as it takes to create your Hell. What would you ask of my God in return?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2010, 07:44:45 am »

The shadowy form considers briefly, then speaks again. It still stares directly at Palad'in while addressing the emissary.

We ask only that a small part of your creation

Is set aside for our loyal Brood

They will live beneath the ground

And trouble you not at all

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2010, 10:08:23 am »

The Voice smiles.
They may not trouble Palad'in, but will They change his works?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2010, 10:12:28 am »

They will touch only

The place you specify

No more

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:14 am »

The Voice nods.
You may have the core of the world, no more. Have... fun.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2010, 10:34:24 am »

The flames burned ever higher, and Mania danced around the ruins of the elven retreat, tossing in chairs, tables, spoons, even the odd child. All the while cackling madly. And Mania still wore Lunas form, though the head had morphed into something more demonic than fey. there were two small cow horns and if one looked closely, the hair shimmered the rainbow close to the roots. Mania screamed out these words:
I AM MANIA
GOD OF ALL
TWISTED, CHANGING
AND SHAPED LIKE BALLS!
IF YOU FEAR ME
NEVER SLEEP,
IF YOU LOVE ME EARN YOUR KEEP.
I DEMAND NO MORE OF YOU,
THAN CACKLES AND VIOlENCE,
AND CLOTHES OF BLUE.
THOSE CLERICS OF MINE WHO FOLLOW MY CREED,
WILL HAVE POWER BEYOND IMAGINING.
THOSE WHO CRACK BENEATH MY GAZE, OR THAT OF OTHERS JUST AS CRAZED,
WILL LEND ME THEIR POWER AND THEIR LIVES TOO,
AND THE LIVES OF ALL AROUND YOU.

Mania ties Mania to worship, drawing power from the insane. some of these he makes his clerics, to which he gives use of a very small portion of his godly power.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2010, 10:45:34 am »

Astra'ath exerts Its mighty will once again, ripping holes in the void all across the universe. Its persecuted followers pour through, fleeing danger and disaster, following the sign of their god.

Deep in the caves, a portal opens before Bulotha and the cultists. Its shimmering surface clears, showing a vast cavern.

Bulotha, you have done well

Take these of Our Brood

And flee to this Sanctuary

Portals open along the coast of Banjo, and Astra'ath's elder sign appears above each one directing them to enter.

Finally the largest rift opens beneath the ocean, pulling in thousands of gallons of seawater from banjo before Astra'ath itself makes the crossing. It compresses itself to fit through the opening and into the chamber beyond.

In the core of Palad'in's world a vast underground sea is formed, with even the bulk of Astra'ath dwarfed by the size of the underworld cavern. Its cultists spill out by the thousands, spreading along a subterranean coastline formed from the waters of the doomed planet Banjo. A vast network of natural tunnels lead out from the cavern.

With only what they could bring at short notice, the cultists and followers from Banjo begin to set up small camps and scavenge the underground for any usable material. It will be a hard road for them.

Tri-lobed eyes turn to Bulotha and a chorus of voices speak as one.

Bulotha, take your cult and secure the caves

Yours are the most martially adept of Our Brood

We will see to the Brood's needs

You are charged with Our security

Let nothing in

From the outside

Astra'ath spends Act 3 to rescue Its followers and Itself from danger, and resettle at the core of a new world.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 16, 2010, 07:13:31 pm »

Mania tosses a stone at the sky. It whizzes through the atmosphere of Aether, through the void, and at incredible speed, clonks Astra'ath's messanger in the head. Mania cackles.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #383 on: May 16, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »

The shadowy robed figure flickers slightly as a rock flies through its nonsubstance.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2010, 12:48:52 pm »

It has been three days since she had food or water, only the bolstering presence of her god keeping her upright. Her breath rasps in ragged throat as she drags Thuthacar behind her, scoring a line in the stone. She has lost weight the last few days, now looking perilously thin and fragile. But at last, here was the final room. The final challenge.

She comes to a stone hallway with a dirt floor, the shimmering portal to the library at its end. A tablet stands near the entrance, and her tired eyes scan its message as she reads aloud.

"You have reached the end, your prize is near, but away it slips if once you fear. To pass this test and prove your worth, you must avoid the blades through wizard's curse."

The words echo, activating hidden magic. The way she came is sealed as a slab of rock slams down, and on the slab several items hang by pegs. Various pieces of obviously magical armor hang there. Aerie was never very good with riddles, and now she nearly despaired but an awesome presence fills her mind and wipes away her fear.

Fear not little Broodling

For We are always with you

Her eyes blink, again, then open. They reflect a cold intellect which regards the chamber anew. She could sense danger, and her eye is drawn to grooves along the floor and walls.

Traps...

Arms suddenly steady and strong, she lifts a loose stone and tossed it into the hallway. Spinning motion and metal blurs slice the rock into sections before her eyes. The blades move too fast to dodge, to thick to avoid. Thuthacar is brought up and ready, her fatigue forgotten. Her stance is that of an acrobat, a swordsman, a dancer and she bounces on the balls of her feet. Her mouth opens, moving in time as a chorus of whispers echoes through the chamber.

"We do not have the time

Your body will perish soon

We mush finish this Our way
"

-our way...

Her body tenses, and she leaps. Time slows down around her, and she pivots in mid-air to meet the first blade. Thuthacar snaps down, severing the spinning steel as though it were paper and deflecting the edge away from her flesh. She swings the sword around in a spiral, another two saw-toothed traps biting ineffectually into the godforged blade. Metal fragments fly as she lands in the center of the corridor. A tiny safe space, just out of reach of the blade traps. Her hair is thrown in every direction, clothing ripples in the wind as spinning blades pass within inches of her.

She breathes hard and tenses for another leap. She pushes off, sailing through the air. The godforged blade Thuthacar moves as a blur, deflecting slicing steel and spinning saws... but it is not enough. One trap is missed, and bites deep into her leg. She screams, her god-given focus fleeing before the pain. The trap blade senses blood and snaps up and back, severing her leg entirely. She lands just short of the portal, a quivering heap, and only barely manages to drag herself through.

She collapses in a pool of her own blood, exhausted and malnourished, just inside the library. Thuthacar's red glow dims as its wielder's life force drains away. If something is not done soon, Aerie will surely die.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2010, 02:42:59 pm »

With a crack and a mad cackle, Mania appears over Aeries limp form.

"Aww, little kitty got a boo-boo? Hehehehehe, I think she tried to jump past the blade traps! Mad, this one is, an honorable feat indeed. Heheheheheh! I love it when a plan just doesn't come together! Even my own! No you don't, I've got children to feed! Yes, I-you do! Heheheheheh! I wuvs you Aerie, my little kitty-kitty!"

And with that, Mania shoved Mania's kneecaps into Mania's mouth and began to spin at a dizzying pace, waiting for a new... Accomplice.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2010, 02:47:50 pm »

The Chained God sat on Ss'Vadgrin, tracing ancient runes and eldritch hieroglyphs in the sand. Already, more deities have fallen, and been replaced by stranger faces. It sighed. It disliked all these changes, even though the Emperor in Chains benefited from such things. It sensed a slight difference in Phaedron's emotions, and found this to be... strange. Phaedron had been a trustworthy and loyal servant, and if it could not protect the Demigoddess due to the emotions the shade still held after its death, the Voidwalker did not know if its plan would be sufficient to save them all.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 18, 2010, 03:08:33 pm »

One of the librarians, drawn by Mania's cackling, discovers Aerie bleeding and unconscious on the floor. It carries her to Dragnar quickly, worried for the young elf-girl.

"Ah, so she has finally arrived, though in worse condition than I would have guessed... I am too drained to heal her wounds, but we should be able to at least keep her alive."

Dragnar sends the librarian to find some cloth, and uses it to form a simple cast around the bleeding stump. A small bit of magic stops the last of the bleeding, and another librarian carries Aerie off to a quiet part of the library to rest.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 18, 2010, 04:11:24 pm »

Carnis makes a hole in the wall of Dragnars library.

The Chained God grants the shade the power to perform an act: The Shade imbues Poena's armor with magical strength, and makes it easier (and less burdensome) for her to wear.

Astra'ath creates the Nightgaunts. - Two acts
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coradin grants the Morai the ability to instantly understand any piece of technology they come upon.

Frandor grants Chara the ability to change the properties of the material of the shell (refractive index, opacity, reflectivity, etc) - Two acts

Chara launches a beam of concentrated light into Astra'aths bulk, damaging it severely. The action drains Chara of her power for a while.

Astra'ath redirects the beam of light that Chara emits into it to Natus, damaging itself even more. The beam of light starts a fire. (No acts)

The Shade reveals itself as 'Phaedron'.

Dragnar exchanges the general knowledge of the universe with Astra'ath in return for 'Libri Antiquitas' (No acts)

Natus reads 'Origins'. (No acts)
Natus places the book, 'Origins' inside himself to protect it from falling into the hands of other gods.
Natus creates the Water Spirits

Dragnar reads 'Libri Antiquitas'. (No acts)

Astra'ath slowly begins devouring the life on Elan's World.

Luna gives the Elysians the ability to purify dreams, and sends them to all the worlds.

Luna creates gates to connect the worlds. She gives a few of those gates to each god who opposes Astra'ath.

Gheronaton orders some of his firstborn and some of his Chosen to seek for cultists of Astra'ath and kill them. He also orders that his chosen ones will be armed and armored by the smiths on Ferraria. (No acts, as it is an order)
Gheronaton enchants his blades with godly energies. - Three acts

Palad'in creates a sun, an earth-like planet and an asteroid belt.

Alex attacks Astra'ath, damaging the latter only slightly.

Astra'ath sends the knowledge from Dragnar's library to Bulotha's mind at high speed, the fleshy nodule allowing the dragon to absorb and process the information at a comfortable rate.

Astra'ath causes anyone bearing Its mark to resist all disease and enjoy perfect health, but if a member of Its Brood turns away from that worship, that member will suffer a virulent plague which kills in a matter of hours and can spread to other nonbelievers.

Dragnar summons a large amount of various materials in a remote section of the library.
Dragnar has begun a mysterious construction! (No acts)

Aarrook creates Ragnaroc, an utterly massive bird with little need for food, water, sleep, and with the ability to travel amongst the stars. It will naturally slowly refer areas where it lands, if warped severely, to their old state, due to a dust which it secretes. Two acts
Aarrook also alters the Well of Souls to make some soul energies get absorbed by the Soulblade.

Frandor creates a large asteroid to impact Elan's Planet. - Two acts

Gheronaton sends out emissaries to the other gods and asks for help in fighting the cultists and the plague. (No acts)
Gheronaton mobilizes more troops to fight the cultists, sending firstborn to the tribes, the giants and the dragons in order to persuade them to follow only him (No acts)
Gheronaton makes sure that the cultists are constantly monitored. (No acts)

Dragnar completes his artifact - Three acts (Which is quite a lot as summoning the materials was pricey as well.)

Palad'In creates animal life and carp on the Nameless World.
Palad'In creates mermaids and cavern dwellers on the Nameless World.

Luna saves most uncorrupted Jesters from Elan's World, placing them on Aether.
Luna renames the saved Jesters to Halflings. (No acts)

Gheronaton drives the cultists, including Bulotha inside the caves, cornered in a deathtrap. (No acts)
Gheronaton sends some of his Firstborn and some of his most skilled chosen to Luna, ordering them to help her muster a formidable army. (No acts)

Alex dies during yet another attack on Astra'ath, inflicting several wounds upon it before being absorbed by its mass.

Mania ties itself to worship, drawing power from the insane. Some of these he makes his clerics, to which he gives use of a very small portion of his godly power.

Astra'ath saves his followers from both Incendium and Elan's World, by letting them through a portal to the core of the Nameless World. In this act a lot of water from Elan's World streams through the portal, forming underground oceans.

Aerie loses a leg during the last test in the Fortress to Dragnar's library, but she manages to enter it.

Dragnar orders for his librarians to take care of Aerie. (No acts)

War. For the first time since the start of his slumber there was war. Xarn's dreams were interrupted by visions of bloody skirmishes and massacres, interrupted by visions of a gigantic mass of writhing tentacles as a gigantic being started consuming a planet. His mind had entered a few of the underwater dwelling fish of the planet, devouring their last experiences as living beings as they were consumed.

He found it horrid- Horrid, but fascinating. Still, Xarn felt a fear, an emotion not unknown to him..

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

Poena's eyes were fixed on the shade as it spoke. She heard his words, and she understood their meaning. It took a while for her to think through what he had said. She hesitated, not sure whether it was a correct gesture, then reaching forward and taking his hands into hers. They were cold to her skin, but she found that strangely comforting.
"You did what you did for those you loved.."
Her voice was gentle, soft, unlike her normal voice that either cynically commented on the actions of others, or harsh and commanding. When she continued speaking, though, her voice turned harsh and angry again.
"We are born free, we are our own, and we die free! This God has no right to keep you his slave! You should tell him that.."

The words weren't fully just, as she knew very well. There was another reason behind them, and words left her mouth before she had made her mind on them.
"Are you here simply because the Chained God commands you to, or is it because you want to help me?"

Her eyes she turned to the ground, feeling ashamed of herself and her inability to handle emotions and social situations.

She felt like dying, suddenly..

<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>

Astra'aths senses were stolen from it for just the blink of a moment, and Xarn felt dark, cold, but mostly hungry.
The moment passed, and Xarn diverted his attention at the moment Astra'ath fled through a portal into the very core of the Nameless world, taking its bounty with it.

Aether he watched, and slowly his eyes appeared on the outer sides of his form, staring down as the halflings and the Aether elfs made first contact, cautious and startled. It went peacefully, and the halflings were steadily adopted into the Elven civilization.

A blink, a moment, Natus: As the last fires were doused by the God Natus's newest creations, Xarn watched. This child bore 'Origins', however damaged the book was. He had to get it, he knew he needed it.

Natus' felt a cold creeping out of the book into his body, and instinct, if it could be described as such, commanded him to keep secrets, to xenophobically ward himself against others. The feeling faded, and Natus was left filled with a strange confusion.

There were things Xarn did not care about. One of those was Alex. He had always loathed the God, cursing his birth. Still, it was Astra'ath that had killed him, even if in defense. Once more Xarn felt an extreme caution, as his slumber began, his form slowly drifting through the void, Xarn's fist invisible to even Godly eyes..

Aerie lived, even though it was in immense pain, she had entered the library, and the librarians took care of her. Soon, the woman would be able to yet again move by herself, exploring the many pathways of the ethereal library.

The Aether Elves welcome the Halflings into their civilization after a short period of mistrust.
Natus suddenly feels inspired to keep secrets and treat the other Gods with caution.
Natus constantly feels direly cold
Aerie survives her wound, recovering quickly.

Soul Confusion
Sometimes creatures are born soulless, none have got emotions, some even die to it at birth.

Code: [Select]
Acts:
Satae: 10
Anacraeon: 5
Natus: 4
Astra'ath: 4 (All the wounds that had been inflicted upon you cost you some acts to actually heal, but you made up for it by the growth in followers, and especially fear.)
Galt: 4
"The Chained God": 3
Frandor: 1
Coradin: 3
Dragnar: 2
Luna: 2
Aarrook: 2
Palad'in: 2
Gheronaton: 1
Mania: 0 (You have got 0 acts to compensate for the fact that you're technically a new God. If levels of madness rise, though, you will soon gain quite a bit more.)

You know how it works; PM me or post in the OOC thread if you've got any comments/think I forgot something/similar things. OOC Thread

(Note: This update is probably one of my worst, or at least I think so.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:48:56 am by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2010, 05:53:36 pm »

Coming into the caves was a mistake. At first, he thought he could use the narrow caves to limit the number of thralls that the warrior god could send at a time. But now it was plain that his slaves had other ideas. Rather than facing him in battle, they had sealed the cave. And now? Slowly but steadily, Bulotha felt the air becoming gradually warmer and warmer. Scouts had come rushing back, telling of a tide of lava that was slowly, but steadily coming. Bulotha snorted, a good plan. He might have done the same, but he didn’t expect such a tactic from the battle loving slaves of Gheronaton.

Yet, before despair could truly grip the cultists, a window opened. Fresh and cool air flowed from it, and beyond lay a new world to flee too. The cultists wasted no time in fleeing the coming fiery death and into the vast caverns beyond. Bulotha waited until the last of them were through before heading through himself. He bowed his head low as Astra’ath spoke to him.

As ever, I serve as best that I can, great one.” Bulotha said. “
Forgive me for failing to convert the followers of Gheronaton.

<><><><><>

Luna was thankful for her friendship of Gheronaton, his latest gift to her was a godsend. The firstborn had the experience, the knowledge, and the skills in warfare that she and her creations lacked. They were quickly shaping the Elves, the Rhea, the Elysians and the Aether Dragons (plus even a few halflings) into a functioning, powerful army. It was becoming an army of the skies. Elves and Haflings rode upon the backs of the Rhea or the dragons, and trained to fire arrows or spears tipped with crystal down upon their targets. The Rhea and dragons could swoop down with their powerful talons and claws, and of course the dragons had their powerful breaths of frost.

Despite this progress, Luna was saddened that it would come to war. She knew that peace must sometimes be defended with war, but the loss of lives it promised grieved her. She left the forming army, and walked alone amid the forests, trying to quiet her troubled heart.

No relief did she find, only greater shock and horrors. She came upon a settlement of Aether elves, one that had been utterly destroyed. The elves small huts had been burnt, their statues tossed down and trampled, and worse of all, the dead elves. They had been killed in a myriad of gruesome, twisted ways, at the whims of a mad god, their bodies left on display like an art gallery.

Luna summoned the Rhea to ferry the souls of the elves to their rest. But she said little, and left again. This time to the darkest corners of night. It was not due to sorrow, for a new feeling was welling up. A cold, frigid fury was rising in her, darkening her gaze. She reached out, and grabbed the darkness of night itself. With her bare hands, she gripped it, and squeezed it. She shaped it into a sword for herself, it’s blade blacker than night, with burning points of starlight on it. It was long and thin like a rapier, coming to a point that could pierce even a god’s flesh. She filled it with her cold wrath, raw and unfettered. It was a weapon bearing the adamant judgment of order, and the destruction of chaos. It struck with the burning of light, and the deathly chill of darkness.

“I wanted nothing more than to make a peaceful world for my people,” Luna said, her voice quiet like a silent viper. “Yet calamity and unwarranted death has struck them time and time again. The plagues of Alex, the nightmares of Astra’ath, the nightgaunts invading their home, and now the massacres of Mania. Know this, you mad gods, my people will have peace, even if I must slay every single god who dares to threaten them! You who bring sorrow to my creations, let the goddess of night and dreams show you what nightmares truly are!”

Act 1: Forge a divine sword, Luna’s Wrath.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56