Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75877 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2010, 05:02:40 pm »

The Elysians had been sent, but they were correcting only the symptoms of the problem, while the cause lurked on her world. So long as the nightgaunts were left to their devices, the curse of nightmares would continue to plague the mortals she cherished. She must do something about them as well.

Around her, her creations were concerned too. Nightmares have been striking terror into the hearts of the gentle elves, the graceful Rhea, and even the mighty Aether dragons. Only the Elysians were exempt, as they did not sleep. Luna turned to the elves and rhea approaching her.

“Children, I am troubled. Again our world is stricken. Creations of Astra’ath are dwelling in the darkest reaches of Aether.” Luna said. “I place no command on you, because what I ask will be dangerous. But if you will, I will need help removing them, if they do not leave. Go, and ask those who are willing to fight to meet me.”

With her message to her people delivered, she sent one next to the nightgaunts themselves. “Creations of Astra’ath. The maker of this world gives you this choice. If you wish to remain, sever your ties to Astra’ath, and cease creating nightmares. If not, leave this world, or you will be destroyed.”

<><><><><><>
“Bulotha, herald and servant of the great one, I bring knowledge,” A feral cultist scout said, bowing before the bleeding, fuming dragon. “There are many of Gheronaton’s servants searching for us, in many small groups. They bring firstborn, and chosen fighters, and are well armed and armored. One group is seeking refuge in a cave.”

Battle waits for them on the mountain side, not in the caves. They should know this,” Bulotha mused. “It is unlike Gheronation’s thralls to hide in caves when their enemy waits on the surface. He knows something we don’t, or is planning something we are unaware of. We will make him regret his cowardice.” Bulotha rose again, and singled out five of the cultists. Stepping up to them, Bulotha breathed a putrid cloud over them, covering them with the diseases spawned from the rotting meat inside of him.

The Great One has graciously offered us a boon. No illness will touch His servants. Go, and carry my gift of disease to those cowering in the caves. Let the blight spread among Gheronation’s slaves until they die or turn. Know that you will die in service to the Great One. The rest of us will leave these lands. We make for the foothills.” Bulotha said. The five plague bearers ran off to the caves that Hhrgin was taking refuge in. Bulotha, meanwhile, gathered up the rest of the cultists, and began making their way down out of the mountains.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #346 on: May 12, 2010, 05:24:22 pm »

The oceans of Elan's world were brought to heel, large areas nearly devoid of macroscopic life over the course of several days by the ravenous diety known as Astra'ath.

Now it begins its conquest of the land.

From every coastline, nearly simultaneously, came hordes of twisted abominations. Horrid amalgamations of ocean life cobbled together like some mad toymaker's creations... only these were no toys. Here a being with a shark's head, an urchin's body, and two eels for legs. There a massive sea slug with snapping turtles for arms. All across the world there was terror, and Astra'ath drank it in. Only one in 100 were killed, their bodies thrown into the sea to be consumed; the rest of the planet's residents are rounded up into prison camps. The foolish creations looked like court jesters and each one had a banjo... they were no match for the horrors assailing them.

When the coastlines were pacified, the jesters no longer smiled. Their banjos lay destroyed in burning piles, the fires so tall they were seen from space outlining every continent.

Astra'ath projects his considerable mind out along every coastline, speaking directly to the terrified prisoners.

Join Our Brood, foolish creations of a dead god

You will not be harmed, you will be exalted

Bask in Our glory, sing Our songs

Hallowed is Our name

Carve into your lesser flesh

The elder sign of Astra'ath

Many of the creations were swayed, and many more refused. Those that refused were cast into the oceans for the voracious mouths of Astra'ath and Its creatures. A new cult of Astra'ath rises upon Elan's World. They begin making preparations to march inland, leaving the sea creatures behind.

The monstrosities born of the sea could not survive long on land, they were temporary constructs of flesh and are reabsorbed into Astra'ath's bulk.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:48:51 am by forsaken1111 »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2010, 08:32:02 am »

Phaedron sighed, and adjusted its legs, trying to get comfortable. It placed both its hands on its knees, and bowed its head. It was trying to remember, sifting through the myriad memories and recollections, searching for that mysterious time that had been the times when the shade had been a living, breathing person. It began to speak, making an attempt to make its voice more calm, in an attempt to make this easier for Poena and her brother.

"In life, I was... A warrior, defending my home against the Dark. I fought great demons, heretics and horrors that crawled into the light, seeking to consume my people in an orgy of pain and fear. I rose in the ranks, from a foot soldier to a general, leading crusades into the blackest void. My men and I, we slew them with cold steel and conjured lightning, and our righteous wrath, the knowledge that what we did would save my people from being consumed by the darkness." Phaedron looked down at its body, and uttered a small laugh. "I guess that this is quite ironic."

Where were we... Ah! I remember. I had spent most of my life beating back this darkness, but I remember... a woman. I remember not her name, or her role in our society. All I remember was that she was... beautiful. We courted for several years, I proposed to her in the great hanging gardens, where the smell of jasmine could make you woozy. I remember that night well... Phaedron begins to laugh, and then shakes its head, remembering who it was speaking to. I apologize. I forgot how little you have gone in your life.

After that, I do not remember much, but I infer that there was a time of peace. Then, I remember a resurgence. We had gone weak, our hubris making us lower our guard. Little did we know that a veritable horde of the shadow-things, one large enough to destroy everything we knew and loved, had converged at the edges of our lands. Initially, we were beaten back by the Dark, till our lands were covered in the blood of our people and the broken corpses of our warriors, of our women and children. Soon, there was but a single citadel left, packed to the brim with refugees. I oversaw this last defense, and I lost hope. I knew that if I failed here, everything I knew would be lost.

I dug into the ancient tomes of the Scholars, seeking for some way to circumvent this disaster. I then found, in an ancient tome, a spell that would save my people. I summoned a minion of the Voidwalker, and struck a deal; My soul for the continued existence of my people. With the deal sealed in blood, I managed to rout the Darkness, and save my people. When the deed was done, I felt my soul being... what is the word? It tapped its chin thoughtfully. Ah, I felt my soul being... taken from my body and from my home, to some eldritch plane far from the place I once knew. That was the time my life ended, and my service as a vassal of the Voidwalker began." The Shade falls silent once more.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:28:35 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2010, 12:19:55 pm »

Observe, respond.
Luna, elysians. Unimportant.
Luna, gates. Response: place gate on Chara.
Gheronaton, minions. Unimportant.
Gheronaton, blades. Noteworthy.
Palad'in, solar system. Noteworthy.
Astra'ath, Dragnar, knowledge. Caution, observe.
Alex, attack. Noteworthy.
Dragnar, construction. Observe, caution.
Aarrook, ragnaroc. Noteworthy.
Aarrook, soulblade. Noteworthy.
Astra'ath. minions. Danger. Response neccesary.
Respond.

Astra'ath. Hidden. lesser being fear: give power. Inaction unacceptable.

What shall we do? It is hidden from my gaze - I cannot reach it.
Chara target minions. Frandor create opening. Chara attack when possible.
Targetting the minions - they are not causing us harm. Killing them would be... unpleasant. I am not happy about it.
Matter discussed previously. Recall argument, conslusions?
Yes, I do. I'll do it, but I'm not satisfied. We must reopen the matter for discussion after this is over.
Agreed.

Chara turns its eye on the prison camps on the surface of Elan's world. The camps are incinerated, large craters left after their destruction.
As this occurs, Frandor Creates a large asteroid to impact the planet. The asteroid will slam into the planet, attempting to knock it into the large green sun that was formerly Elan.
Chara will continue to incinerate the prison camps on the surface. If Astra'ath comes into range, it will use the eye of chara on it.

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2010, 01:03:08 pm »

Deep inside his library, Dragnar continues working on his creation, moving between the many piles of materials he summoned faster than the eye can follow. In the middle of this flurry of movement a shape begins to form. It appears to be a large cube, roughly a meter to each side, but all detail is constantly changing as Dragnar adds more and more parts to the object. The massive piles of materials are visibly shrinking as the work progresses, but somehow the cube does not grow at all, instead shifting oddly. The air around the object also beings to glow, brighter and brighter as it nears completion.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2010, 02:54:52 pm »

Or'Oner hid himself behind a stack of bookcases, watching Dragnar thoughtfully. He saw the god place a long metal rod into the cube, but the rod did not extend from the object as it should. Instead, the rod seemed to bend and twist, and flattened itself down onto the cube until it was little more than a discoloration on the cube in the outline of a warped, twisted cylinder, though how it gave that impression being only 2 dimensional was hard to say. Or'Oner sat down crosslegged behind the bookshelf and continued to watch Dragnar quietly...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2010, 02:58:41 pm »

The Caves of Fire

Three Days. Three long days.

Hhrgin was sitting in front of the cave entrance; Watching the lava stream. He yawned. He thought that this would be a small eruption; But once the volcano started to spew magma it just woulnd´t stop.

They weren`t able to leave the cave and thus all informations could only be gathered by the flying firstborn. The reports spoke of strange diseases, carried by cultists with the mark of Astra`ath- Thanks to their isolation, though, Hhrgins troop wasn`t affected.

Two days past they saw some of those plaguebearers lurking near the caves, seeking an entrance. Though they didn`t reach them.. The volcano spew out some more lava and they burned. It seemed that the world tried to defend itself against the enemy.

He yawned again; Just as the Firstborn came back. "I bring word from Rodhan Firedrinker. He says that the eruption will end soon. We should get ready to march out. Seems like the enemy is trying to reach the mountains. They won`t like what they find there, though."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Refugium, Lord Wars Chambers

"The Dragons? They are trying to sway my dragons?" Gheronaton was enraged. "And they bear plagues? Those cowards know that they are unable to best me in open battle and resort to such tricks. Enough. I will make an end to them."

Pointing at one of the higher ranked firstborn he said "Search for them; Stay out of their reach, though. Observe them and report to me where they are. I will deal with them. Myself."

"Also make sure that the soul of every chosen that dies is taken back to the refugium. I won`t suffer that my armies are decimated by such cowardly tricks. Then send emissaries to the giants, the dragons and the tribes. Tell them that those that betray me will face punishment.. While those that stay true to me will be rewarded."

"And then.. Also send emissaries to my brothers and sisters. Ask them for their help; Ask them for a solution to the corruption, the dreams and the damned plagues. Remind them that i`m gratious.. And that they might need a strong ally. That they might need me. Soon."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Refuge

"I`m Andrik the Dragonslayer." Declared the big, muscled Chosen with the spear. "I`m the best Dragonhunter on Incendium. Targrir might have a good claim, too, but his fighting style is too reckless. Hhrgin is also known for his skill; Fighting two dragons at once is very dangerous. Though, he is a bad teacher. So they choose me, and you should be happy for i will teach you how to fight against the big enemies that you might face. The key in defeating one of those is too find their vulnerable bodypart.. Dragonskin for example is soft on their belly and you should aim for-"

"Wait, wait!" Interrupted the other Chosen. "Maybe she should learn how to fight against enemies of her size, first? Know that i`m Wulfgar the Bold. I held the Highpass against twenty seven warriors. They could only advance in single file and so i could fight them one on one." He chuckled.

"Then they started to throw down boulders at me and i died.. Still, I`m the best teacher for single combat." He said, smiling.

"Stay quite, you both." Laughed one of the Firstborn. "Let her choose what she prefers. We are here to teach her, not to drown her in words."

I send out emissaries to the other gods and ask for help in fighting the cultists and the plague. I also mobilize more troops to fight the cultists, send firstborn to the tribes, the giants and the dragons in order to persuade them to follow only me and then i make sure that the cultists are constantly monitored.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:02:19 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2010, 03:25:44 pm »

As Alex grasped his chest where the beast counter-attacked, he vowed, under his breath "I'm gonna kill you, Astr'ath, even if it's the last thing I do..." The pain overcame him, and he fell to the floor... but he was still trying with his soul. And if he knew anything, karma was still in place. And then... the limit broke. Through sheer willpower, he had trapped the demon in his own mindfield-a place where only he had power... but he knew there wasn't a happy ending to this story.
Alex traps Astr'ath in his own mental field. This is risky, because if one dies, so does the other.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:03 pm »

"GRAHHHHHHHHH!!!" Carnis writhed in mid flight, clutching at his head.
"Cease this muttering. I've no patience for AHHHHHRRGGGGGHHH!"

Carnis' head began to twist. First it was in a vertical fashion, as if looking towards the stars he so lovingly mad that long time ago. Then it was horizontal, and continued until his neck cracked, and his head jerked completly upside down.

But he was not dead, he was changing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2010, 05:08:13 pm »

"Ragnaroc, you have a duty I assign you. There is a world, by name of Incendium. You must go there, for you shall fight the corruption that is there. You must remember to fly over any place with the taint of corruption before fighting the foes. You will cancel out anything of corruption, so disease may not be a matter to you. You should not attempt to engage any non-corrupted, nor shall you fight Bulotha, a dragon of great danger. It might bring the corruption to the land, and you are certainly large enough to eat it alive, but you must wait for reenforcements!" Aarrook uttered at his divine bird. It, too, turned and began heading to the planet Incendium, so it shall begin its mission from its master.

----------Ragnaroc-------------

Above Incendium

There Ragnaroc saw it. The volcanic planet of Incendium. If this was where he was to fight, it was time. Quickly he began sweeping over the corruption of the land, smothering it in the power of Aarrook, and he sensed pain from the encampments. Was it harming them? Or something worse?
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2010, 05:51:44 pm »

Dragnar's creation is nearing completion, the piles of random scrap surrounding it gone. Dragnar places the last piece, a sphere of an unknown material, on top of the cube and summons a hammer from nothing. With one blow the sphere disappears, merged seamlessly with the cube. Instantly the cube begins to shrink, the sides moving oddly as a loud hum fills the library. As it shrinks the glow intensifies, until the cube cannot be seen at all, and any mortal trying to look directly at it would be blinded intstantly.

"Done. Now all that remains it to wait for the excess power to dissipate." Dragnar says to no one in particular, with an odd grin on his face.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2010, 05:53:30 pm »

Shadows coalesce once more, outside the library of Dragnar. The robed figure, usually still, is restless and agitated.

Accustomed to the stranger now, a scribe notices shortly and hurries off to inform his master.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2010, 05:56:13 pm »

Or'Oner begins to clap slowly, and walks out from behind the bookshelves.
"Very impressive, Master Dragnar. May I ask what it is?" He says respectfully, dipping his head towards the bright cube.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2010, 06:33:00 pm »

Seeing the angel, Dragnar answers, "Everything and nothing my friend. More will be revealed in due time. So, which of my siblings created you? And what are you looking for in my library?"

The scribe appears to inform Dragnar of Astra'ath's presence.

"Really? I wonder what it is this time... Go inform It I shall be there in just a moment, it would be rude to rush off in the middle of my conversation."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #359 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:09 pm »

The scribe returns and haltingly informs the shadowy form that Dragnar is detained and will be along shortly.

It turns its empty hood, looking directly through the library walls at the place Dragnar and Or'Oner are talking; the room chills.

The robed form swirls around the scribe, leaving lines of frostbite along his skin as it passes. It rockets down the corridors, past rows of books and scrolls scattering scribes before it.

It comes to a halt hovering at the doorway to the room in which Dragnar had recently completed his construction.

Child-god, what have you created

We felt its inception
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56