Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56

Author Topic: Godhood I Play Thread  (Read 75869 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2010, 01:42:55 pm »

Calamitas. Mactator. Iudex. Gloria. Insania. Confector.

Disaster. Butcher. Judge. Honor. Fury. Destructor.

That were the names given to Gheronatons blades, and they were aptly named. They were too big and too heavy for any mortal and even a dozen men struggled to carry even one of them- But they had the right size for Gheronaton, who towered above anything mortal.

The six blades were masterworks- Handcrafted, ornamented, the very iron dyed in different colors.

The Blade of Disaster was as blue as the deep sea, and inscribed on it were the words "Woe upon you"

The Blade of Butcher had the color of blood and inscribed on it were the words "Blood shall flow"

The Blade of Judge shone as bright as the sun and inscribed on it were the words "I shall deliver punishment"

The Blade of Honor was dyed dark green and inscribed on it were the words "Honor shall prevail"

The Blade of Fury was silver and inscribed on it were the words "Feel my bite"

The Blade of Destructor was as black as the night and incribed on it were the words "I shall end it"

Gheronaton looked a long time at those blades, longing for someone to kill.

"You did a great job, again, and you shall forever be among my most favored sons." He told the firstborn that worked on them. "I shall give you the planet of Ferraria; You shall rule there as my stewards. Bring the armor and the weapons you made to incendium and equip every chosen of mine with them. War is coming." He said with anticipation. And his firstborn were glad, too, he saw. They lusted for battle.

After they were gone again he sat a while in his hall, pondering. His firstborn had told him about a strange cult that was founded a while ago on incendium.. The cultists seemed to worship astra`ath. The cult was growing steadily and he woulnd´t endure such insolence any longer. He called one of his Firstborn.

"Take as many men as you need and scour incendium for the base of that cult. Kill everything that wears the mark of Astra`ath and cleanse my world. War is coming. Some Elysians have arrived and they will help you." He ought to send Luna something in turn.

Indeed, war is ahead, and now he had weapons. Well, mundane ones. In order to kill astra`ath he needed something stronger, something godly.

And thus he enchanted his blades and imbued them with godly strength. They shall cut the very essence of things apart, now.

And then he rose into the air, and left incendium and in the void between the worlds he called out "Beware, Astra`ath! There´s now war between us and i shall show no mercy. Blood will flow, your blood, and the universe shall be a better place without you!"

I Order some of my firstborn and some of my immortals to seek for cultists of atra`arth and kill them. I also order that my chosen ones shall be armed and armoured.

I enchant my blades with godly energies- I`d like them to cut the very essence of foes apart.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:50:20 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:49 pm »

Really, it's a bunch of rocks floating in space. Around me. Let's fix that.
(continuing on...)
The cooled rocks floated around Him. He felt inspiration flow into Him and Heset about His Work. He crushed the rocks he had saved and poured them into His tank pack. One kindled into fire, one arced electricity, and the small middle one froze solid. He was ready to Create. He took up His wand and sprayed fire upon the biggest rock in the group, which ignited, and became a yellowish red sun. The other rocks danced in orbit around it. He found a medium sized rock and ignited it. It burned as the star close by. He then shot coolent and arced electricity at it, and the tummult of the elements subsided, and cooled. A planet was born, twisted and broken. He took coolent and melted it, and spread it in the lowlands, which became freshwater seas and lakes and rivers.

ACT Previous/One: Created a sun and a planet and an asteroid belt.
More on this tomorrow.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:51 pm »

From Its ocean lair, now denuded of all life not of its own design, Astra'ath considers the events on Incendium.

It reaches out with Its formidable mind, contacting Bulotha in the cultist sanctuary.

Bulotha, Harbinger of Pestilence

We call upon you

The minions of Gheronaton are seeking Our followers

Upon the world Incendium

Make them ready for battle

---

At Dragnar's library the shadows coalesce into a cloak of darkness, empty hood staring in from the entryway. It gestures to a passing scribe, and the man runs off in fear to fetch his master.

Dragnar, child-god of knowledge, We have need of you
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:12:06 pm by forsaken1111 »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19:12 pm »

Dragnar, having just finished the book Astra'ath gave him, walks back to the entrance to see the creature again.

"Yes? What do you seek to learn this time?"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:47 pm »

The robed form nods its head, the empty hood staring out at Dragnar. An image appears before it, flickering forms depicting the warriors on Incendium searching for the cultists.

We require knowledge, child-god:

Knowledge of Warfare / Tactics / Weapons

Mortal Warfare, Stories of Combat

Martial prowess, Forging Tactics

Logistics and Supply, Military organization

We reciprocate, per our pact:

We offer a complete catalogue of all sea life on the planet created by the dead god Elan

Every fish, plant, mammal, insect

Catalogued correctly by species and genus

Including illustration and genetic information

The form raises both of its 'hands' and before it seven volumes appear floating in the air. They are bound in sharkskin, and smell faintly of seeweed.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2010, 02:46:09 pm »

"Acceptable,. Though I would prefer peace between you and the other gods, it is clear that this is unlikely."

Dragnar summons several thick tomes from deeper in the library.

"Most of these my librarians wrote based on the perpetual battles on the planet Incendium, though there are some accounts from other places. They should cover everything you need to know, though I suspect Gheronaton has some secrets of war kept even from the librarians."

Dragnar thinks for a moment before speaking again.

"As for your payment though... Knowledge of plants, animals, etc. is valuable, but in the end the lives of mortals are of but transient importance. No, I would instead ask something about you. You destroy entire worlds, corrupting and killing everything there. This, in and of itself, I do not mind, for all mortals will one day perish, and while I find individuals interesting, the fate of entire species I leave to the other gods. What I want to know is why. Some gods despise mortals, some love them, and others are indifferent. You, on the other hand, you kill and destroy, but you seem to have no motivation for doing so. That is want I want from you: your motivation."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

Sneak attack time!

As Alex chased down the thing responsible for most of his sorrows, many thought flooded his mind, but he only had one intention-KILL. THE. ENEMY. He would make his presence noted with his first swing-HYAAAAH! One on the tentacled demon's limbs came off. As he tried to swing another one to counter attack, Alex front flipped over the top and yelled "This is for destroying my home!" Another tentacle was sliced off. He then parried a few tentacles before slicing another one off. "That was for my family!" Suddenly, a tentacle shot out and grabbed the sword out of his hand and threw it away. This was now hand to hand combat. More blows were dodged by fancy aerobics before Alex found his sword again. "And this one..." Alex focused a lot of energy into this one. "...Is for Rose!!!" The tentacle targeted came clean off, and the demon landed pinned to a wall. Alex held him at swordpoint and said, catching his breath, "Any last words?"

Big battle which won't count as an act (I don't think), but I did unleash a mega-attack which WOULD burn one.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

"And you are sure? You told no lie?" Hhrgin asked.

The Feral stiffened. "No, i told no lie. My brother saw a strange dragon coming down. He saw how some warriors of the Khurtaugh tribe fought it. Then they carried it off, singing. My Brother then swore to kill that dragon himself; For the khurtgauhs are cowards and they shoulnd`t be allowed to claim such a trophy. As it happens he was eaten by an real dragon shortly after."

The Feral was dirty, and only armed with a wooden spear. And he looked at the strange company in awe and wonder for he recognized that the party consisted of the fabled Firstborn and the chosen of Gheronaton. Like many Ferals he had heard only stories of them; Legendary warriors that lived and feasted in the refugium and were immortal.

"Thank you, warrior. You helped us. May you always be brave." Said Hhrgin. And then he gave a command to his group; Ten warriors and two Firstborn. "Move on, we still have to inspect some camps today.."

"Wait! I`m Leiric of the Tribe of the Maghargi`in. I slew the giantess Alfri Mountainhurler and slew many in the battle of the burning fields. I challenge you to honorable combat!" Bellowed the Feral.

It was the third challenge today. Some Ferals would risk anything for glory- And slaying a Chosen of Gheronaton was indeed a worthy feat.

"Very well. I`m Hhrgin of the Tribe of the Zhachfr. I killed the dragon Anfgradr and his twin the dragon Onfgrodr. The Giants still fear my name for i slew many of them. I died in battle against the Tribe of the Nrgugaradar.. But only after i slew their chieftain and his sons. Prepare to perish."

The Feral cried out his wordless battle cry and charged at Hhrgin. Not that he would have had any chance- Hhrgin was more skilled and armed with iron weapons and armor.

They fought for quite some time; But finally Hhrgin neatly severed Leirics Head from his shoulders with one, cruel slash.

"He was brave.." He said, judging the dead. "Yet, not skilled enough. Leave him for the beasts. We go on."

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:00:15 pm by Lordinquisitor »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »

The shadowy form before Dragnar considers for a long time, becoming almost completely still. The robe of the figure even stops fluttering, despite the light breeze.

Finally, the figure animates again.

The volumes on sea life vanish, and it reaches out to take the tomes Dragnar offers.

We do as we do for growth, for continuance

We are not One, We are Many

You say you are interested in entire species

We are a species

We are Astra'ath, the One who is Many

We are Astra'ath, God of Chaos

We are Astra'ath, Bringer of Entropy

We must feed our Many

The weak do not survive our passing, the weak become our sustenance

And thus We continue, We live, We grow

You have your answer, child-god.

Visit Us sometime, and you will also have Understanding

The figure takes the proffered tomes and departs.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:02:41 pm by forsaken1111 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2010, 03:08:38 pm »

In the dead of space, the piece of the chaos god fought fiercely. It had been sliced from the whole by Alex as Astra'ath sped past towards the green star Elan and retaliated immediately by bifurcating along every axis. A mass of writhing flesh and teeth, the tentacle demon was bested by swordsmanship and slammed back against a surface. The child-god shouted at it, asking for last words, and the vile thing spasms in laughter.

You cannot slay us

For we are Legion

Kill us one by one or by the dozen

Always there will be more

And with that the thing dissolves away into vile smoke and acid.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:43 pm »

Bulotha winced as the voice of Astra’ath invaded his mind again, but he did not shrink from the pain. He welcomed it and relished it, for it was from Astra’ath. “Let them come. Their flesh will be devoured,” Bulotha responded, dark fumes seeping from his mouth and nostrils. “Though if I may be so bold, great one, as to humbly beg for a request. Let the ones who bear your mark live through the plagues I bear.” He rose from his resting place, and called the cultists to himself. 

The ignorant ones have come for us,” Bulotha told the cultists. “Though it would be an honor to die for the great one, He has commanded that we live and prepare for battle. Ten and five of the swiftest of you will search them out. See their kinds, count their numbers, and return to me and tell me what you know. We will move into the mountains and prepare to defend ourselves. If the child god of war has sent beings of flesh to kill us, we will send some bearing diseases among them.

We will also seek out the dens of dragons. I will send one of you to each dragon bearing disease. Infect them. The dragons will either die of plague or carve His symbol into their flesh and join us.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2010, 03:25:10 pm »

Bulotha, your request is granted

All who bear Our mark will resist all disease

So long as they serve us

But if they turn from Our song

They will suffer every ailment we know

We have secured knowledge from the child-god Dragnar

Knowledge of war and logistics and forging

Put this to use in Our name whilst We secure the dead god's world

Astra'ath sends the knowledge from Dragnar's library to Bulotha's mind at high speed, the fleshy nodule allowing the dragon to absorb and process the information at a comfortable rate.

Astra'ath causes anyone bearing Its mark to resist all disease and enjoy perfect health, but if a member of Its Brood turns away from that worship, that member will suffer a virulent plague which kills in a matter of hours and can spread to other nonbelievers.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2010, 03:47:32 pm »

The woman dropped to the floor, dead.

Hhrgin sighed. Till now they had only found some worshipers of Astra'ath- But never a whole camp of them.

Ten and seven lied there, dead. None of them one of the loyalitsts, for they came over the rebels swiftly and without mercy. But.. Even as they died they sang their songs. Hhrgin spat. He didn`t like that- Those songs were wrong, and dangerous and didn`t tell of epic battle but of strange visions.

He noticed how his chosen were slashing and hacking at the dead; Multilating the mark Astra'ath wherever they saw it.. He approved their fervor.

He was lost in thought when their pathfinder returned. "Hhrgin we must go on. I bring report from the group of Rodhan Firedrinker- He says that the volcano up there will erupt soon. We have to take cover- There are some caves nearby."

"And what about Gruglik? Did he notice something?" Hhrgin asked. Gruglik was one of his fiercest rivals; But also skilled and experienced and he would be a fool to ingore him.

"He saw only one cultist today; A mother which forcefully carved the mark of the enemy into the skin of her newborn child. He drowned both in magma." The pathfinder paused. "And- He swears that he saw something following them; But as they tried to engage it, it vanished. Oh, and he said that he hopes that you die a cowards death."

Hhrgin nodded. "We go on; To the caves."

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 03:50:03 pm by Lordinquisitor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2010, 04:11:33 pm »

Dragnar thinks on Astra'ath's words, and it's offer, for some time before coming to a decision. For now Astra'ath is too unpredictable, It is dangerous if nothing else, and not to be taken lightly. The opportunity to learn more about It is intriguing... but for now Dragnar is still not sure It can be trusted, though he decides to keep the offer in mind.

The matter of Astra'ath put off for the moment, Dragnar feels it is time to create something, and not with a simple Act, but with his own hands. Being a god has it's advantages, but creation mean so much more if it is done with your own two(or more) hands. Summoning a large amount of material, he begins to work.

Dragnar summons a large amount of various materials in a remote section of the library.
Dragnar has begun a mysterious construction!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2010, 04:43:04 pm »

A dream... another vision within my thoughts... like the beginning of his existance in this universe... but different. Aarrook had quickly left the refuge so he could initiate the next stage to strengthen the Soulblade... but this power he felt... he knew that such a mental strain could drive a god insane... so he moved to solve it. It was not a strain he thought of... it gave him an idea. He began forming a new soul. A creation of paradise. This new beast... was a great bird. This bird was large by mortal standerds... a mile for wingspan, the its feathers as black as night. It was taller then the tallest trees, mightier than the greatest of the dragons of Aether, it was a true nightmare. It could not be corrupted, and indeed uncorrupted wherever it was. It needed little food, little water, little sleep, and could travel amoungst the stars. It was Ragnaroc, in a forgotten tounge, "God of Birds"...

This bird relieved the strain. Now he was back to working on the Soulblade. He went to the legendary Well of Souls, his own creation, and redirected some of the soul energy of the sword. He knew the sword was structurely sound enough to take in next to indefinite amount of soul energy. The Soulblade was charging. The war would soon take place.

Aarrook creates Ragnaroc, an utterly massive bird with little need for food, water, sleep, and has the ability to travel amoung the stars. It will naturally uncorrupt areas where it lands, due to a dust which it secretes.

Aarrook also alters the Well of Souls to make some souls get absorbed by the Soulblade.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56